Windows 10: Problems logging in just now. Windows 10

Discus and support Problems logging in just now. Windows 10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When I log in, I am sometimes but not always asked if I like the image - I am then always asked for my Windows Hello PIN. A simple and straightforward... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Taffy087, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Taffy087 Win User

Problems logging in just now. Windows 10

When I log in, I am sometimes but not always asked if I like the image - I am then always asked for my Windows Hello PIN. A simple and straightforward process usually - but not just now. Below are snips of the screens I saw; the background image is rather grey and gloomy:

Problems logging in just now. Windows 10 55856834-8fde-48fb-ad30-eab1e2316435?upload=true.png

My email address was shown above the next two screens:

Problems logging in just now. Windows 10 130e6e97-3b89-494b-89da-e5040a423d5b?upload=true.png

Problems logging in just now. Windows 10 a51c9e91-115f-41d8-bbbc-2da76b3c709f?upload=true.png

So has something changed in the process?

:)

Taffy087, Nov 25, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 25, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Nov 25, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Problems logging in just now. Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Problems logging

2. Offline scan done, event log shows a problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Offline scan done, event log shows a problem?: Microsoft Defender Antivirus downloaded and configured Microsoft Defender Antivirus offline scan to run on the next reboot.---------------------------------------------------------------Microsoft Defender Antivirus Configuration has changed. If this is an unexpected event you...
  3. Offline scan done, event log shows a problem?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Offline scan done, event log shows a problem?: Microsoft Defender Antivirus downloaded and configured Microsoft Defender Antivirus offline scan to run on the next reboot.---------------------------------------------------------------Microsoft Defender Antivirus Configuration has changed. If this is an unexpected event you...
  4. Hello, can you help me to recognize this critical problem as error log describe? Thank you!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, can you help me to recognize this critical problem as error log describe? Thank you!: - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-WinREAgent" Guid="{1f7a6c55-5532-573b-35b7-2107e43a6ef5}" /> <EventID>4502</EventID> <Version>0</Version> <Level>1</Level> <Task>0</Task>...
  5. Hello, can you help me to recognize this critical problem as error log describe? Thank you!

Hello, can you help me to recognize this critical problem as error log describe? Thank you!: - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-WinREAgent" Guid="{1f7a6c55-5532-573b-35b7-2107e43a6ef5}" /> <EventID>4502</EventID> <Version>0</Version> <Level>1</Level> <Task>0</Task>...
  6. What is the status of fixing the problems logging into Microsoft Solitaire & Casual Games....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the status of fixing the problems logging into Microsoft Solitaire & Casual Games....: What is the status of fixing the problems logging into Microsoft Solitaire & Casual Games. It has been a long while? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-status-of-fixing-the-problems-logging/9f6fef8b-a7ef-437e-ba88-474f4a8350f5
  7. What is the status of fixing the problems logging into Microsoft Solitaire & Casual Games....

What is the status of fixing the problems logging into Microsoft Solitaire & Casual Games....: What is the status of fixing the problems logging into Microsoft Solitaire & Casual Games. It has been a long while? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-status-of-fixing-the-problems-logging/9f6fef8b-a7ef-437e-ba88-474f4a8350f5
  8. How can I resolve the “We encountered a problem. [1001]” error when logging into Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I resolve the “We encountered a problem. [1001]” error when logging into Microsoft...: After starting my PC as usual, I realize that my 365 applications as well as the EDGE browser display an error at the level of the login account saying that it is not possible to access my account and invites me to log in to resolve the problem. Once I attempt to log in, the...
  9. How can I resolve the “We encountered a problem. [1001]” error when logging into Microsoft...

How can I resolve the “We encountered a problem. [1001]” error when logging into Microsoft...: After starting my PC as usual, I realize that my 365 applications as well as the EDGE browser display an error at the level of the login account saying that it is not possible to access my account and invites me to log in to resolve the problem. Once I attempt to log in, the...
  10. Win-11 PC under domain controller, Security Log Full problem

Win-11 PC under domain controller, Security Log Full problem: Last about one we are facing security log full issue while login Windows-11 PC under domain controller. Clearing Security log are not giving permanent solution. Looking permanent solution to get rib from this problem.RegardsMasud Rana...