Windows 10: Problems making System repair or bootable media

Discus and support Problems making System repair or bootable media in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am trying, without success, to make a System Repair disk in case I ever have future problems booting up. I run Windows 10 Home edition 64 bit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by barryman, Jun 29, 2021.

1. barryman Win User

Problems making System repair or bootable media

I am trying, without success, to make a System Repair disk in case I ever have future problems booting up. I run Windows 10 Home edition 64 bit (version 20H2, OS build 19042.985). I have tried three methods - Windows 10 own System Repair Disk, Aomei Backupper and Macrium Reflect 7. In each of these I seem to have made a disk ok and the disk will boot up until I get the Home screen of each method used. That is when I get the problem - I am unable to navigate around the screen because neither my mouse or the keyboard arrow screens work !! I have been told it may be a drivers problem in that they are not being found within the bootable media I created. I went into Device Manager and there are warning signs on some of the USB Controller drivers. I have tried updating but each one gives the result that I have the latest drivers. I have also uninstalled them and rebooted. Also, I have run SFC /Scannow and DISM to make sure I am not missing anything and they came out as being 100% fine. So, what can I do that will solve this and allow me to navigate around the bootable media disks???? The strange thing is that a Windows System repair disk I made a couple of years ago boots up OK and I can navigate around it. Any advice appreciated.

:)

barryman, Jun 29, 2021
  2. Windowz10 Win User

new upgraded windows 10 - how to make a bootable USB?

Just about every language on the planet was in the list I saw. The steps listed in the link mirror the ones posted by Microsoft on their support page for the process.

Personally, I just used the Media Creation tool and it made the bootable Flash drive with 3gbytes of Win10 on it no problem.

Windowz10, Jun 29, 2021
  3. rob84 Win User
    Automatic repair

Hi I have tried to use the start up repair and still having the same problem.

rob84, Jun 29, 2021
  4. Problems making System repair or bootable media

Andre for Directly, Jun 29, 2021
Thema:

Problems making System repair or bootable media

1. Problems making System repair or bootable media - Similar Threads - Problems making System

2. Making a bootable clone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Making a bootable clone: I want to clone my c: drive to an external hard drive and then use the external drive as a boot drive. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/making-a-bootable-clone/c1231084-ab3e-4156-a3e7-51b2959a3df4
  3. System Repair Disc Not Bootable in Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Repair Disc Not Bootable in Win10: I am running Win 10 Pro 64bit version 1909. I used Control Panel, System and Security, Backup and Restore Windows 7 to create a system repair disc. That worked fine, no error messages, until I went to use it. I tried to boot my pc from the CD drive where the repair disc was...
  4. windows 10 bootable system repair disc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 bootable system repair disc: In the Windows 10 Control Panel, under the “Windows 7 Backup and Restore” function, Microsoft offers a link named “Create System Repair disc”, which provides for creating a nice small simple 525MB bootable CD or DVD media --intended for booting up an ailing computer outside...
  5. Problem when trying to make a bootable usb

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem when trying to make a bootable usb: Hello guys...So recently I tryed to make a bootable usb using the official app from the windows website but ran into this error while trying to do so... Anyone experience the same? Also...I really need to make this quick :(...Would appreciate any help https://ibb.co/C5ZHLFr...
  6. Creating Bootable Media

Creating Bootable Media: Hi all,I have a quick question about creating a bootable usb stick.I am not to computer savvy so please bare with me. I read the tutorial on how to do it with the media creation tool.Went as planned,I guess,haven't used it yet but what I wanted to know is I removed the usb...
  7. Bootable Media

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bootable Media: Hello, I am attempting to create bootable media from a USB Thumbdrive, and using the windows 7 USB/DVD tool in order to boot from the device., when its at 100%, it says files copied successfully, but unable to run bootsect, to make the drive bootable. how would I go about...
  8. re: a problem making a bootable USB drive

in Windows 10 Support
    re: a problem making a bootable USB drive: 1 I don't know if I should make a new thread or continue it on my old thread at I have 2 question's about win 10 home - Windows 10 Forums ? I am trying to make a self booting USB drive of the prog "PCUlocker" on my Dell Inspiron15-3541 laptop OS Win 7 home 32bit. The purpose...
  9. How can I make a bootable bootable recovery operating system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I make a bootable bootable recovery operating system: Hello, Dear Sir / Madam, please let me know how to make a buisy stick with recovery of the operating system, the steps I have to do next (installation, etc ...) until the completion of this operation. Thank you for kindness! Wait for response! A great day!...
  10. make bootable usb

make bootable usb: Hello I cannot make a bootable USB with the media creation tool. It gives error and corrupts the usb so I cannot use it anymore. It's already 3 of them. I have tried 2 USB port in the computer and it is the same. what to do. Thanks...