Windows 10: Problems manual installing a printer

Discus and support Problems manual installing a printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I want to install a P1102w printer without all the HP crapware. I go to - Device & printers - Add new printer Windows doesn't detect it, I go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kevin_735, Nov 24, 2020.

1. kevin_735 Win User

Problems manual installing a printer

I want to install a P1102w printer without all the HP crapware.

I go to

- Device & printers

- Add new printer

Windows doesn't detect it, I go manual install and select the drivers folder, it install properly apparently, but then when I want to print something it says it was an error and doesn't print.

If I go to printer properties / port the selected one is LPT1, shouldn't it be something like USB001?

I can't see anything like that in the ports list, only LPT and COM.

Thanks in advance

:)

kevin_735, Nov 24, 2020
  2. Carlo Fer Win User

problem in printer installation

Hi Satya,

Based on the error message, it is possible that the issue is caused by a printing job stuck in the printer queue. We suggest that you clear and restart the Print Spooler manually. Please follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button> type services > then press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Print Spooler > Right-click on it and select
      Properties from the context menu.
    • Under the General tab, click the Stop button.
    • Open File Explorer > navigate to C:\Windows\System32\spool > delete the contents of the folder.
    • Return to the Print Spooler properties window > click the
      Start button to restart the service.

After performing the above steps, try to install the printer drivers.

Update us with results for further assistance.

Carlo Fer, Nov 24, 2020
  3. wirless printer problems

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix printer problems

Fix printer problems in Windows 7 and Windows 8.1

Method 2: Install the drivers in Compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to install the latest available drivers on manufacturer's website in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.
    • Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.
    • Select “Compatibility” Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 24, 2020
  4. Firebeast Win User

Mac OSX USB printer problem

OK i just bought the Canon IP4500 usb printer and installed it on the mac following hte instructions to the letter.

No printer is found and i cannot add it in the Printer list, cause theres no option for USB printer installation, only Appletalk, Bluetooth, and Windows Printing.

I have downloaded the latest drivers etc... but no luck *Bang Head :banghead:

As it is i dont like macs but now with a simple thing as this i dislike them even more.

Last resort is trying installing the printer on a Vista pc and see if it works, if it does then the mac is up to shit, if it does not install then the printer is up to shit.

Anyone had a similar problem maybe and how did you overcome it?

Firebeast, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Problems manual installing a printer - Similar Threads - Problems manual installing

2. Problem in installing printer driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem in installing printer driver: HiI have a problem in installing my printer program after I click on it will start extracting and nothing happening after it.I tried everything and nothing happened...
  3. Printer Installation Problem

Printer Installation Problem: I cannot get an HP1320 HCL5 Laser Printer to print on a new Dell Inspiron 3880 running Windows v10.0.19042. Install seems to go fine. I get messaged that the printer is working properly, but when I try to print test page or a test document, I am messaged that there is a...
  4. PRINTER RE-INSTALLATION PROBLEM

PRINTER RE-INSTALLATION PROBLEM: Good day, I am problem re-installing my printer after windows 10 home activation. The printer was working fine before but, after the activation I couldn't get it back onto the PC. The printer name is HP LASERJET P1102 with Serial Number: VNC6T43129 Black & White. Any...
  5. No printers installed - spooler dependency problem

No printers installed - spooler dependency problem: This afternoon, all apps were unable to print, and the print dialog says no printers installed. This morning, printing worked ok. The same problem is with all apps; Word, Excel, Chrome, pdf reader, etc. In Windows Settings, it still shows the printers that were previously...
  6. printer installed to windows 10 no problem

printer installed to windows 10 no problem: only seems to print in colour not black and white? HP ENVY 4502 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-installed-to-windows-10-no-problem/9987832f-6d06-49db-8568-17cf0220228c
  7. Manually installing updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Manually installing updates: I have recently installed windows 10 and am already getting extremely frustrated with the inaccessibility of windows updates, it seems that Windows these days wants users to have zero control over what happens with their computer. I disabled mine because I read about users...
  8. Install updates manually

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install updates manually: I need to install Windows 10 updates manually, how i can do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-updates-manually/0a7de959-01a7-4c68-958d-483a4b0b169a
  9. Printer driver installing problem

Printer driver installing problem: I'm trying to install Sharp AR-206 network printer. Driver will be found from Windows Update, but Windows won't install it . I just get notice "Printer driver not installed". [ATTACH] With my other computers (also Win10Pro) I don't have this problem. Is there any way to...
  10. my printer reverts to manual feed

my printer reverts to manual feed: I have a Brother printer (HL-L2360DW) connected via USB to the PC with Windows 10. This printer always reverts to manual feed. I tried to reset the Printer Preferences to Tray 1 but it didn’t help. I also tried a lot to fix the issue, including changing the USB cord,...