Windows 10: Problems moving downloads folder from SSD to HDD windows 10

Discus and support Problems moving downloads folder from SSD to HDD windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I tried to move my downloads folder from my SSD to HDD because im running out of space in my SSD. I followed the conventional methods moving the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dylan2308, Apr 27, 2020.

1. dylan2308 Win User

Problems moving downloads folder from SSD to HDD windows 10

I tried to move my downloads folder from my SSD to HDD because im running out of space in my SSD. I followed the conventional methods moving the location of the downloads folder from C to D drive. But when i download something, it creates a new download folder again in the C drive. It seems like my download folder location will never move, my downloads forcefully go to the C drive

:)

dylan2308, Apr 27, 2020

2. Appdata Roaming move from SSD to HDD

Hi, recently bought a laptop with an ssd and a hdd. What i noticed was that every time i downloaded something, even though it was located in HDD, the SSD still took up space. I already moved the download, documents, etc. to the HDD.

Then i noticed that whatever i download gets into the appdata/roaming folder as well, so is it ok to move the Roaming folder from SSD to HDD?

Allen Wang (alle0031), Apr 27, 2020
  3. moving download folder

i just got a new system with both an ssd and a hard drive, i installed the windows on the ssd and plugged the hdd after. when moving the download directory to the hdd i accidentally made it D:\ and not D:\Downloads. and now it registered my hdd as the
    downloads folder. whenever i change it it gives me an error "cant redirect a parent into a child. the specified path is invalid. and when i restore to defaults it gives the error "failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under the volume "D:\ System
    Volume Information." access is denied"

ibrahimmohamed1, Apr 27, 2020
  4. neilpzz Win User

Moving an activated key from hdd to ssd

Changing what Windows 10 is installed on doesn't change the licence so HDD > HDD or HDD > SSD will still be activated so long as the rest of the hardware is the same. A Windows 10 licence is registered against the device (motherboard) as long as the same
    edition is installed, Home or Pro.

You will need to clean install to the SSD though, use the Media Creation Tool to create USB install media to install windows to the SSD Download Windows 10 select
    to create media for another PC and select your USB flash drive. (8GB min)

I would suggest disconnecting the HDDs and install with just the SSD connected. All your programs and apps will need to be re-installed once you can boot from the SSD.

You will need to delete windows from the HDD manually deleting folders if you have other software that you want to keep.

neilpzz, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Problems moving downloads folder from SSD to HDD windows 10 - Similar Threads - Problems moving downloads

2. Moving windows from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving windows from HDD to SSD: Hi, I bought a new SSD and I want to move windows from my old HDD, the problem is that my HDD where windows is installed has more storage than the SSD and is also full ie. 1.7TB/2TB whereas my SSD has 250GB. I want to know how I can move windows in my situation. Thanks in...
  3. Moving windows from HDD to SSD

Moving windows from HDD to SSD: Hi, I bought a new SSD and I want to move windows from my old HDD, the problem is that my HDD where windows is installed has more storage than the SSD and is also full ie. 1.7TB/2TB whereas my SSD has 250GB. I want to know how I can move windows in my situation. Thanks in...
  4. Moving windows from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Moving windows from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Moving windows from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. windows moved from hdd to ssd problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows moved from hdd to ssd problem: so i moved my c drive from hdd to ssd but my files are still in the hdd, theres windows 10 on the ssd but it dosent have my files, to access the files i need to go to the hdd is there any way to move the files into the ssd i hope you understand my situation...
  8. Moving Windows 10 to an SSD from HDD

Moving Windows 10 to an SSD from HDD: So I'm upgrading my current PC replacing mobo, cpu, ram, and adding an m.2 ssd but I would like to transfer windows 10, and only windows 10 to the ssd to be the boot drive and game storage device while keeping the hdd and what's on it intact, what would be the best way to go...
  9. Moving User folder from SSD to HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving User folder from SSD to HDD: Hi, I'm trying to move my User folder from the SSD to the HDD but when I open the folder properties to do it, the "location" tab isn't present. Is there an easy fix for this? TIA...
  10. Moving from HDD to SSD

Moving from HDD to SSD: Hello, I recently decided to buy a new 1TB SSD to “replace” my current and only HDD. I’ve been using my HDD for some time now and I wanted to make the SSD my windows 10 boot drive but I’m not sure how to do this. I wanted to make it a clean install so I can add my programs...