Windows 10: Problems of returning to my previous version of Windows 10

Discus and support Problems of returning to my previous version of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When returning my Windows 10 ver. 20H2 back to previous ver.1909, it shows a blue screen with the heading “Automatic Repair” and telling me “Your PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by hughchan, Apr 6, 2021.

1. hughchan Win User

Problems of returning to my previous version of Windows 10

When returning my Windows 10 ver. 20H2 back to previous ver.1909, it shows a blue screen with the heading “Automatic Repair” and telling me “Your PC didn't start correctly. Press Restart to restart ur pc to fix the problem. U can also press Advanced options to try other options to repair ur pc”. I followed all the instructions, but it just brings me to the same blue screen. What can I do to go back to my previous ver. 1909?

:)

hughchan, Apr 6, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 6, 2021
  3. JKSingh Win User
    restoring previous version of windows on windows phone

Recently I have upgraded my windows 8.1 phone to windows 10 phone. But I am not comfortable with this version and wants to rollback to my previous version windows 8.1.

Please help me and suggest the steps.

JKSingh, Apr 6, 2021
  4. Problems of returning to my previous version of Windows 10

reverting to previous build/version

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue.

• When the computer did froze? Is it when you tried to roll back?
    • Did you receive any error message?
    I suggest you to remove all the external devices plugged in to the computer and check if it helps to resolve the issue. If the issue persists, please restart the computer and check whether it rolled back or not. If it loads Windows 10,
    I suggest you to download the latest ISO of Windows 10 and perform automatic repair.

Download Windows 10

Steps to perform repair:

a) Insert the installation DVD or USB
    and boot Windows 8 from it.

b) In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.

c) Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.

d) Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Automatic Repair’ and select the operating system.

If you really would like to rollback, I suggest you to refer the below article on How to go back to the previous operating system (Windows 7/8.1) from Windows 10.

How to recover a previous build(s) or your original version of Windows using the Recovery or Rollback feature - Revised July 23rd, 2015

How to recover a previous build(s) or your original version of Windows using the Recovery or Rollback feature - Revised July 22nd, 2018

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy

to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

Problems of returning to my previous version of Windows 10

1. Problems of returning to my previous version of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Problems returning previous

2. has someone already returned to a previous version of windows??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    has someone already returned to a previous version of windows??: I´m having some problems with my audio since I updated to Windows 10 2004 , 5 or 6 days ago. I saw some videos and there they tell that you could lose some data or have to reinstall some programs. What kind of data have you lost? submitted by /u/miguelfcv [link]...
  3. Why Does My windows Update Keep Returning Me To The Previous Version

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why Does My windows Update Keep Returning Me To The Previous Version: Windows keeps prompting me with a mandatory update that must be scheduled. However, when I let it update, not only does it take nearly 30 minutes to complete, but it reverts me back to the previous version of windows at the end... Then, once I use my computer again, it...
  4. Previously Unsolved BSOD Returns

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Previously Unsolved BSOD Returns: Hello, this is a continuation from a previous thread. Please read it if you are unfamiliar with prior events. OneDrive links broken, see the new OneDrive link below....
  5. reverting to a previous version of windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reverting to a previous version of windows 10.: Hi, I used to have version 1709 win 10 pro and bought a new system, This new system is running on version 1803 which does not run any of the apps I use … how do I get back to this version of windows? Any help would be appreciated. Im not the most tech savy sorry...
  6. Previous Versions of Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Previous Versions of Windows 10 Home: Good evening, Please send me the link with all versions of Windows 15011, 1611 to 1809. IM waiting for a message! Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/previous-versions-of-windows-10-home/0f02ccb8-2b47-4351-b4e1-ae83aaece7c5
  7. Previous versions of Windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Previous versions of Windows 10 pro: Hello Dear Sir / Madam, I have a Windows 10 Pro license and I want to download it all windows 10 pro older versions such as: 1511, 1607, 1703, 1709, 1803 Thank you! IM waiting for a message! A great day!...
  8. Deleting previous versions of windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting previous versions of windows 10: I have being trying to delete previous verions of windows 10 by clinking on storage, then Temporary files and selecting Previous version of Windows, clicking on remove files, no files are deleted. What can I do now?...
  9. How can I return to the previous version of Windows 10?

How can I return to the previous version of Windows 10?: How can I return to the previous version of Windows 10 if I can not recovery/restore to the date before I got the updates and I can not use "Go back to the previous Windows 10" feature anymore (It is definitely a very bad idea to give user just 10 days an opportunity to go...
  10. Failure to Return to Previous Windows 10 Version

Failure to Return to Previous Windows 10 Version: I have an Acer SW5-014 running Windows 10. Automatic updates require an additional USB drive during the process. When the update fails the previous edition is restored. This is very frustrating but auto update cannot be switched off. On the latest occasion, the previous...