Windows 10: Problems on USB message on LG TV - Western Digital 5TB External HD

Discus and support Problems on USB message on LG TV - Western Digital 5TB External HD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, My LG 42LX6900 displays the above message whenever I connect my new Western Digital 5TB HD. I have formated, created 3 partitions ensuring... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by puthsardarade, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Problems on USB message on LG TV - Western Digital 5TB External HD

Hi,

My LG 42LX6900 displays the above message whenever I connect my new Western Digital 5TB HD.

I have formated, created 3 partitions ensuring that none of them exceeded 2TB and tried googing for solutions.

I had this issue before with a 3TB Seagate HD and I recall resolving it by creating two partitions and ensuring they were both under 2TB.

Only difference between this 3TB and 5TB is that the 3TB is MBR and the 5TB I had to do as GPT in Windows 10 X64 - as when I tried to shrink the partitions it would not allow me to select one if it was MBR.

Format is NTFS, wish to keep it like this as plan to transfer large movie files to this drive.
    Hard Drive is desktop and mains powered.

Any help would be appreciated?

Thanks

:)

puthsardarade, Dec 5, 2015

2. USBs still on after shutting down the computer

The external hard drive is USB connected to the computer. My external HD has no option for external powering.

dschaareman, Dec 5, 2015
  3. lacrumb Win User
    USBs still on after shutting down the computer

Check the external hard drive. How is it powered. It may be plugged into a power supply. I have an External Western Digital 4TB drive that has external power. It is not powered by the USB connection. I also have an external USB multi-port that is
    externally powered.

lacrumb, Dec 5, 2015
  4. Problems on USB message on LG TV - Western Digital 5TB External HD

Ok I have part found the solution now. I download some other software to use - Paragon Partition Manager - free version.
    I then deleted the partitions, formatted and started all again.

I started of as MBR and then created 3 partitions - first two being under 2TB and the third one being the smallest under 1TB.
    I assigned the 1st partition as active and primary - not sure if it needs to be active.

I copied one movie file into each partition and now the TV recognises the first two volumes but not the smallest one.

I could get by as I did not plan to use the last partition for movies, but it would be helpful to know why it does not see the final partition and if this can be resolved?

puthsardarade, Dec 5, 2015
  5. Anyone can help with the above?

puthsardarade, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Problems on USB message on LG TV - Western Digital 5TB External HD

1. Problems on USB message on LG TV - Western Digital 5TB External HD - Similar Threads - Problems USB message

2. Intel HD Graphics 4000 and LG TV with Deep Color

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Intel HD Graphics 4000 and LG TV with Deep Color: Hello! I'm a bit confused and I need someone to clarify some features for me. While looking at the Picture Settings in my LG UHD TV, I found that HDMI1 supports Deep Color 4:4:4 in YCbCr, so I enabled it. I have a tablet PC (tablet/laptop combo) Fujitsu Stylistic Q702 which...
  3. wd16000b14 ffa western digital extERNAL HD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wd16000b14 ffa western digital extERNAL HD: wd16000b14 ffa western digital extERNAL HD ISNT RECOGNIZED BY WIN 10 any one know why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wd16000b14-ffa-western-digital-external-hd/1e14ef1c-e436-4047-ac8d-77fed65479dc
  4. Sounds problems with external TV

Sounds problems with external TV: Hi, i have a problem reproducing sounds on my external TV. Clue, i was enabling some windows functions(i enable all). Everything seems to be ok controllers, video is ok, etc etc. I tried everything, even like a clean startup without results. Please, help me. I couldnt...
  5. Western Digital backup software not loading

Western Digital backup software not loading: I transferred my WD Passport to a new Windows 10 computer from a Windows 7 computer. The WD backup software will not load. The computer recognizes the drive but not the target to backup....
  6. Adding a used external (via USB) Western Digital HD to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adding a used external (via USB) Western Digital HD to Windows 10: I am trying to add a used Western Digital WD3200BUCT hard disk to my Windows 10 PC, via a USB connection.. Disk Management recognises that it is there (including its full name), says that it is "Online" and also says that it has a "Healthy (GPT Protective Partition)"....
  7. problem with opening an western Digital external hard drive with windows 10 operating system

problem with opening an western Digital external hard drive with windows 10 operating system: Problem with opening and recogni...zing an western Digital external hard drive with windows 10 operating system. Does windows 10 destroy western ditigal drives?...
  8. Western Digital Drive no go

Western Digital Drive no go: I have a WD Caviar Blue 500Gb sata drive mounted in a Digitus USB enclosure. This drive has been working fine until I installed Windows 10. Now I get a message that the drive failed to enumerate, (Code 35). C an anybody help please? 18449
  9. western digital my book

western digital my book: After doing a clean install of windows 10 build 10130; my western digital my book 1tb external usb 3.0 hard drive will not retrieve my backups. Is this a possible windows 10 glitch; or is this a internal hardware issue with my device? 7415
  10. Western Digital Elements Desktop Issues

Western Digital Elements Desktop Issues: Hi There External hard drive issues, Tests fine with Western Digital Lifeguard program, sometimes connect it and it can't write files or delete any, yes the drive is older, mostly used to store second copy of music files/pictures and kept under neath upstairs Computer...