Windows 10: Problems on USB message on LG TV - Western Digital 5TB External HD

Discus and support Problems on USB message on LG TV - Western Digital 5TB External HD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, My LG 42LX6900 displays the above message whenever I connect my new Western Digital 5TB HD. I have formated, created 3 partitions ensuring... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by puthsardarade, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Problems on USB message on LG TV - Western Digital 5TB External HD

Hi,

My LG 42LX6900 displays the above message whenever I connect my new Western Digital 5TB HD.

I have formated, created 3 partitions ensuring that none of them exceeded 2TB and tried googing for solutions.

I had this issue before with a 3TB Seagate HD and I recall resolving it by creating two partitions and ensuring they were both under 2TB.

Only difference between this 3TB and 5TB is that the 3TB is MBR and the 5TB I had to do as GPT in Windows 10 X64 - as when I tried to shrink the partitions it would not allow me to select one if it was MBR.

Format is NTFS, wish to keep it like this as plan to transfer large movie files to this drive.
    Hard Drive is desktop and mains powered.

Any help would be appreciated?

Thanks

:)

puthsardarade, Dec 5, 2015

2. USBs still on after shutting down the computer

The external hard drive is USB connected to the computer. My external HD has no option for external powering.

dschaareman, Dec 5, 2015
  3. lacrumb Win User
    USBs still on after shutting down the computer

Check the external hard drive. How is it powered. It may be plugged into a power supply. I have an External Western Digital 4TB drive that has external power. It is not powered by the USB connection. I also have an external USB multi-port that is
    externally powered.

lacrumb, Dec 5, 2015
  4. Problems on USB message on LG TV - Western Digital 5TB External HD

Ok I have part found the solution now. I download some other software to use - Paragon Partition Manager - free version.
    I then deleted the partitions, formatted and started all again.

I started of as MBR and then created 3 partitions - first two being under 2TB and the third one being the smallest under 1TB.
    I assigned the 1st partition as active and primary - not sure if it needs to be active.

I copied one movie file into each partition and now the TV recognises the first two volumes but not the smallest one.

I could get by as I did not plan to use the last partition for movies, but it would be helpful to know why it does not see the final partition and if this can be resolved?

puthsardarade, Dec 5, 2015
  5. Anyone can help with the above?

puthsardarade, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Problems on USB message on LG TV - Western Digital 5TB External HD

1. Problems on USB message on LG TV - Western Digital 5TB External HD - Similar Threads - Problems USB message

2. Western Digital Passport USB issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Western Digital Passport USB issue: Hi, I just bought this laptop and I am trying to plug my WD passport USB into it and it wont work. It says the driver is unavailable Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/western-digital-passport-usb-issue/5e275c22-e131-4a40-80ee-c88c418d1da2
  3. Smart TV/External HD help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Smart TV/External HD help: Hi there i was wondering you can help me. On my PC, i have setup an external hardrive so it is visible on a network and accesible via a smart hisense TV. Normally it works great but the past few days i have noticed that if i am watching something via the TV on my external...
  4. External HD on Smart TV networking

External HD on Smart TV networking: Hi there i was wondering you can help me. On my PC, i have setup an external hard drive so it is visible on a network and accessible via a smart hisense TV. Normally it works great but the past few days i have noticed that if i am watching something via the TV on my external...
  5. External HD to smart tv ,problem being recognised

External HD to smart tv ,problem being recognised: Hi , i have used external HD to record programs on my samsung tv. I recently got a new one which is 1TB using NTFS system. Same as the old one but more storage . It is not recognised by the tv ? It works ok in my laptop . I've run scan disk ,no errors. I tried formatting into...
  6. External HD to smart tv ,problem being recognised

in Windows 10 Support
    External HD to smart tv ,problem being recognised: Hi , i have used external HD to record programs on my samsung tv. I recently got a new one which is 1TB using NTFS system. Same as the old one but more storage . It is not recognised by the tv ? It works ok in my laptop . I've run scan disk ,no errors. I tried formatting into...
  7. western digital passport

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    western digital passport: stopped working after last update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/western-digital-passport/c7f43d6b-7de2-489d-a88c-67636e65b104
  8. LG TV?

LG TV?: Can my hp laptop screenshare a Zoom conference with my LG TV? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lg-tv/7da4dd9c-2498-4d96-9b8d-255bc2993a7c
  9. wd16000b14 ffa western digital extERNAL HD

wd16000b14 ffa western digital extERNAL HD: wd16000b14 ffa western digital extERNAL HD ISNT RECOGNIZED BY WIN 10 any one know why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wd16000b14-ffa-western-digital-external-hd/1e14ef1c-e436-4047-ac8d-77fed65479dc
  10. Adding a used external (via USB) Western Digital HD to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adding a used external (via USB) Western Digital HD to Windows 10: I am trying to add a used Western Digital WD3200BUCT hard disk to my Windows 10 PC, via a USB connection.. Disk Management recognises that it is there (including its full name), says that it is "Online" and also says that it has a "Healthy (GPT Protective Partition)"....