Windows 10: problems opening firefox after updating to version 20h2

Discus and support problems opening firefox after updating to version 20h2 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I updated my laptop to Windows 10 version 20h2 2 days ago. Initially I was thrilled with how it was performing. This morning I had difficulty... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Georgedn_930, Feb 25, 2021.

1. problems opening firefox after updating to version 20h2

I updated my laptop to Windows 10 version 20h2 2 days ago. Initially I was thrilled with how it was performing. This morning I had difficulty starting up the pc and had many problems opening Firefox and Thunderbird. With task manager open I tried to open Thunderbird. Got a message stating that another instance of Tbird was open and must be closed first. Same thing happened with Firefox. I rebooted the pc several times and the issue would occur again. System performance was dreadfully slow to the point there I could not use the computer at all. Shut it down and left it for several hours. Restarted again and ran crapcleaner, performed a defrag and scandisk with no issues. Again performance problems occurred. Now I have restarted pc and was able to open both Firefox and Tbird. I just now opened several other apps and they appear to be performing normally. Have there been any reports of spurious problems with version 20h2 and Firefox, Tbird or any other apps? Please help!

:)

Georgedn_930, Feb 25, 2021
  2. 10TaTioN Win User

Firefox 3 Updated

New Update: 3.6.10 (September 16, 2010)

10TaTioN, Feb 25, 2021
  3. btarunr Win User
    Mozilla Firefox Updated to 3.0.4

Mozilla released an update to its latest web browser, Firefox 3. The browser has been updated to sub-version 3.0.4, with several security patches, bug fixes and localization features added to the mix. To begin with, Mozilla patched several moderate-thru-critical vulnerabilities which include excecution of malicious code remotely, and crashes leading to memory corruption. The list of security fixes can be found here.

Mozilla also squished several bugs as listed in the Bug List. The company expanded localization for Firefox, with stable releases in Icelandic and Thai, and beta releases in Bulgarian, Esperanto, Estonian, Latvian, Occitan, and Welsh languages, which are open for testing till they reach stable-grade in subsequent releases. For more information, please refer to the Release Notes. Firefox can be downloaded from the server closest to you, from the Firefox homepage. Existing users would be updated automatically.

btarunr, Feb 25, 2021
  4. bumgarb42 Win User

problems opening firefox after updating to version 20h2

Add-Ons for Firefox crash since update to 80

I left Firefox open over night and attempted to login to LastPass this morning - all the addons crashed. I had Firefox Task Manager open at the time and before attempting the login all addons were in the list and not using very much resources. After attempting login, all of the addons disappeared from the Firefox Task Manager list.

I will try the additional suggestions.

If I want to try a new profile without losing my saved/sync profile (and hopefully with the option of syncing my data back into the new profile) what steps should I take? Or is it just a given that if it is profile corruption, the sync profile is junk...?

Thanks!

problems opening firefox after updating to version 20h2 [​IMG]

problems opening firefox after updating to version 20h2 [​IMG]

bumgarb42, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

problems opening firefox after updating to version 20h2

1. problems opening firefox after updating to version 20h2 - Similar Threads - problems opening firefox

2. Firefox problem (won't open)

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox problem (won't open): Hey Gang, having a problem with FireFox this morning ! It won't open to anything other than what the picture shows ! I have deleted it & removed everything even in the registry, then reloaded it & still the same ! The Edge works fine ! Even the links does not work !! Anyone...
  3. Problems installing version 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems installing version 20H2 update: Hi, I am having trouble installing version 20H2. After several attempts, each time I end up with the error message "Windows installation could not configure Windows to run on this computer's hardware" and then the device shuts down almost immediately. I tried to install the...
  4. Firefox won't start after updating Win 10 Pro to version 20H2

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox won't start after updating Win 10 Pro to version 20H2: I updated Win 10 Pro to version 20H2 and now Firefox will not start. No error message; no appearance in Task Manager. Here's what I've tried to no avail: 1) Uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox several times, including manually removing all remaining Firefox files (including...
  5. Problem with Windows 10 update after recent version of 20H2

Problem with Windows 10 update after recent version of 20H2: Hi there, I have been experiencing problems with Windows 10 update for a few months ever since I have updated to version 20H2. Basically, when I go to Windows Update I will see the following Error Message: [ATTACH] When I click on Retry, I will see the following for a...
  6. Problems after updating to 20H2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems after updating to 20H2: Hi all, I've been having many issues with my Windows account after updating to 20H2. Right after installing the update I noticed that Chrome was considerably slower (took a couple of seconds just to load the home screen), so I reversed the update to the last one. However,...
  7. Windows 10 update to version 20h2 problem.

Windows 10 update to version 20h2 problem.: I am using the laptop Asus Pentium Quad Core. I was updating the windows 10 version 20h2 according to the notification on the taskbar. When I started updating for the first time it showed failed to update. Second time I showed error 0x8007042. then I went to troubleshoot the...
  8. have problems with windows10 . Update version 20H2

have problems with windows10 . Update version 20H2: Hi with the last update for windows I turn on my computer and i Have no D:\ Drive Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/have-problems-with-windows10-update-version-20h2/09a8d30a-dd16-4370-a6d2-94c489e314b6
  9. Problem updating from version 1909 to 20H2

Problem updating from version 1909 to 20H2: As mentioned in the title, I constantly receive the Error 0x80070003 Downloading does not seem to be the issue but the installation. I have already tried the following: —Restarted Computer —Ran troubleshooter it detected problems and restarted after that —Temporarily...
  10. Problems after update to 20H2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems after update to 20H2: Hi all! Ever since I updated my Windows 10 to 20H2 version, I experience two problems that bug me quite a lot: every time the computer is restarted or turned on, I need to sign in to Skype every time after turning the computer on, all my network drives ask to put in...