Windows 10: Problems opening links onto Chrome from window mail

Discus and support Problems opening links onto Chrome from window mail in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I am unable to open links from my windows mail app (not Outlook) using Chrome as my default browser. I can open the same links using Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SophieBennett2, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Problems opening links onto Chrome from window mail

Hi,

I am unable to open links from my windows mail app (not Outlook) using Chrome as my default browser. I can open the same links using Microsoft edge, but I don't want to as I use Chrome. My university Hub page will only work on Chrome so I need to continue to use it. I have spent the last 40 minutes trying to find a solution to this problem and I have been unsuccessful. This problem has only occurred over the last 48 hours, there has been no update I have been aware of and no changes to the system in any way. Please help.

Sophie

:)

SophieBennett2, Nov 11, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Problems opening links onto Chrome from window mail :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Nov 11, 2019
  3. JoeKitty Win User
    Mail "Unable to open ..." and duplicate Google Chrome in Default apps

Thanks for suggestion! But for now to change mail app is not an option tho I'll look into it later *Smile

- - - Updated - - -

Want to post a quick update. Today I ran latest CCleaner and fixed all the issues it found with registry then restarted my pc. After restart problem with Mail "Unable to open ..." was gone and still gone after several restarts. All links being successfully opened with default correct Google Chrome. But duplicate Google Chrome still remains in default browser selection list in Default apps. That would be great to surgically remove it but until then I guess I can ignore it. I won't mark this issue as solved coz completely it's not.

JoeKitty, Nov 11, 2019
  4. Problems opening links onto Chrome from window mail

Opening up mail link in Default browser

Hello

I run a website that includes a way to send email to members by clicking on an email link.

When one of my clients clicks on an email link on a web site that is supposed to open a compose message in her email program, nothing happens,

This is the page...
    Contact us | Gender Awareness in Language Education

if you want to test please use Web person
    only.

Her email is actually gmail (web mail). She said she can do it on an older machine that was upgraded to Windows 10 from an earlier version, but not on this machine.

She was told it has to do with default settings. But since she can't get them to work, the workaround is to open up an email application (software.) But she would really like to have the default gmail open if possible.

She writes, "There are many Googlecentric explanations online about how to set Chrome as your default browser and Gmail as your default mail program on Windows 10, but they all break down at one crucial step. They say there should be an advanced setting in Chrome for Handlers to specify the mail program, but all I see is the toggle to choose whether or not to allow sites to ask to become default handlers, even though the screenshots in the Google help show there should be a button below that toggle saying Manage Handlers that opens a dropdown menu that lets you set mail to Gmail."

I am not a Windows person myself and so it is hard to troubleshoot. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you.

paularenson, Nov 11, 2019
Thema:

Problems opening links onto Chrome from window mail

1. Problems opening links onto Chrome from window mail - Similar Threads - Problems opening links

2. Links in windows not opening in chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Links in windows not opening in chrome: Chrome is up to date Version 120.0.6099.130 Official Build 64-bitOS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045If I click on a link in windows, like a saved browser shortcut in a folder it will not open in Chrome, if I change my default browser app to Firefox...
  3. Links in windows not opening in chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Links in windows not opening in chrome: Chrome is up to date Version 120.0.6099.130 Official Build 64-bitOS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045If I click on a link in windows, like a saved browser shortcut in a folder it will not open in Chrome, if I change my default browser app to Firefox...
  4. Links in windows not opening in chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 mail links not opening correctly

Windows 10 mail links not opening correctly: If I receive an email with with either a web link or an attachment and click on it does not full open the associated app Edge, Picture, Adobe, Word but it does cause the app to appear on the tool bar and to be highlighted indicating that the app has been selected. Clicking on...
  6. Links in Mail open slowly

Links in Mail open slowly: For the last few days, when I click on a link in an email on Mail, it takes 30 seconds or so for the page to come up. Links used to open immediately, but now they don't. I'm running Version 16005.12624.20368.0 of Mail on Windows 10, and my default browser is Firefox. I'd give...
  7. windows 10 mail link wont open chrome,only edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 mail link wont open chrome,only edge: any fixes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-link-wont-open-chromeonly-edge/88527428-369f-4405-b99c-e6b32c963040
  8. problem opening links within my e-mails

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    problem opening links within my e-mails: can someone please tell me how to be able to open a link within my e-mail accounts now... all of a sudden I can no longer open anything … attachments are ok but links will not let me go to the site... help!!...
  9. How to stop links in windows mail from opening in a half window/

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to stop links in windows mail from opening in a half window/: Links in mail messages open in half a window in Edge browser. Didn't do that until recently. How do I fix? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-links-in-windows-mail-from-opening-in/6fb95dcc-256c-4da2-8f4e-235fe60fd3b4
  10. Windows 10 Mail - Unable to open links

Windows 10 Mail - Unable to open links: Since i updated my Windows 10 to the latest build version 17763.557, I'm unable to open links in e-mails on Windows 10 Mail program using my standard browser Firefox. Although if I use another browser like for example, Edge, it opens normally like it did before this new...