Windows 10: Problems printing EML document from Windows 10 Mail app

Discus and support Problems printing EML document from Windows 10 Mail app in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; EML document will not print from Windows Mail. Clicked the three dots, select to Print and nothing happens. Printer works fine when printing photos... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by starfini, Mar 21, 2020.

1. starfini Win User

Problems printing EML document from Windows 10 Mail app

EML document will not print from Windows Mail.

Clicked the three dots, select to Print and nothing happens.

Printer works fine when printing photos and other documents.

The EML doc sent was a receipt that was needed to print. Ended up having to 'Snip' as much of the page as screen would allow and then printed from the Snip application.

Not a very consistent experience. If the Print option is there it should allow print. Otherwise, should not display as an option or give reason why.

Printer is a Canon MG7720 and use it hooked up to PC via a USB cable no Wifi or Lan.

Even tried reinstalling Canon software / drivers and running troubleshooting.

Troubleshooting wants to blame printer, except that it works fine in all other instances and on other computers. Resetting under Apps has no affect as well.

Do I need an extension or app to print these documents in the future? When will this be fixed ? My Assure Software support runs out end of April 2020.

:)

starfini, Mar 21, 2020
  2. nt62 Win User

mail app NOT eml

Am I missing something ?
    Mail App doesn't open .eml files ?

Mail App doesn't have > save as > .eml or .htm or .txt ?

Mail App doesn't have an option to display as list summaries ?

3. EML (.eml) Files

I have several .eml files saved to "Documents".

While these will open with "Mail" there does not seem to be any option to "Print".

Previously I had had these open with "Windows Live Mail" but this is no longer an option after latest update.

Present option is to use EML --> PDF converter.

Any ideas for direct printing please?

DavidWills1, Mar 21, 2020
  4. AZRon2 Win User

cannot print, forward, reply to, etc., a .eml file in Windows 10 Mail

I have set Windows 10 Mail as my default email client and made sure that "Mail" is set to handle .eml files. I have some .eml files I have saved on my hard drive, and if double-click on a .eml file it opens up, the window says "Mail"
    in the upper left corner, and there are some dots running across the top of the window where the contents of the email are displayed, as if
    something good is about to happen, but this never changes, even after two minutes or longer. There is no menu associated with this Mail window. Right-click does not bring up a menu. Ctrl-p does nothing.

When I navigate to a .eml file I can select Outlook or WLM (instead of Mail) to open the file, and then I can print it, such as to a PDF so I can share it with others, but I don't want to forward the email to anyone, or try Reply or Reply all, using this
    technique because I don't want to use multiple email clients on this PC.

A YouTube video (from Britec09) suggested I "Reset" the app, but then I would have to add back the accounts I want to access, and I'm not sure Reset will fix anything.

Has anyone else seen a problem where Mail has difficulty opening and properly handling .eml files, and is there a known fix?

AZRon2, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Problems printing EML document from Windows 10 Mail app - Similar Threads - Problems printing EML

2. Printing from Windows 10 Mail App

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printing from Windows 10 Mail App: Hi, ever since I printed a few 4 x6 photo's on my HP 5000 printer, everything I print from Windows 10 mail comes out microscopically reduced to fit on a 4 x 6 photo paper. I have reset the paper size in Windows Settings, in the print options from within Windows mail ......
  3. Can't print emails from MS Mail in Windows 10 -- can print Word documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't print emails from MS Mail in Windows 10 -- can print Word documents: This just happened yesterday, Oct 19, 2020. Have tried "fixing" the printer HP OfficeJet Pro by various means troubleshooting and uninstall/reinstall. Then tried printing from MS Mail on another computer on the same network -- successful. Therefore, changed to trying to fix...
  4. How to print EML files

How to print EML files: I have received via my email a document with EMLfiles and can't seem to print it. I have tried various things but have not been successful. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-print-eml-files/0ba9ef55-4497-437c-9d2f-2f2a5ede33d2
  5. Trying to find .eml files for Windows Mail app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to find .eml files for Windows Mail app: Where is it located? I looked into this folder: C:\Users\rahul\AppData\Local\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState but can't find any folder which contains .eml files....
  6. cannot print, forward, reply to, etc., a .eml file in Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot print, forward, reply to, etc., a .eml file in Windows 10 Mail: I have set Windows 10 Mail as my default email client and made sure that "Mail" is set to handle .eml files. I have some .eml files I have saved on my hard drive, and if double-click on a .eml file it opens up, the window says "Mail" in the upper left corner, and there are...
  7. Can not print from Windows 10 app Mail

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can not print from Windows 10 app Mail: I do not print often but when I do I need it to work. Running Windows 10 Home with all updates applied. Printer is a HP 3520 All In One with all the latest drivers and software installed (3 times). When I try to print from Mail I open the drop down menu and click on print. In...
  8. Import .EML files to Windows 10 Mail

Import .EML files to Windows 10 Mail: Hello I have .eml files stored on disk but outside of Windows 10 Mail. I need to import them into Windows 10 Mail. If I double-click one of them, Windows 10 Mail opens the email in a separate window with no action options. It appears to be simply a reader program. The...
  9. Eml mail

in Browsers and Email
    Eml mail: ​How do you open Eml mail in Windows 10? 33545
  10. mail app NOT eml

in Browsers and Email
    mail app NOT eml: Am I missing something ? Mail App doesn't open .eml files ? Mail App doesn't have > save as > .eml or .htm or .txt ? Mail App doesn't have an option to display as list summaries ? 7939