Windows 10: Problems "Printing" pdf Files from the Photos App

Discus and support Problems "Printing" pdf Files from the Photos App in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I try to "print" a pdf file from Photos, Adobe Acrobat XI freezes and the file is not created. I've tried other apps eg, MS Word and Chrome and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by J.C.L.Jr, Dec 29, 2019.

1. J.C.L.Jr Win User

Problems "Printing" pdf Files from the Photos App

When I try to "print" a pdf file from Photos, Adobe Acrobat XI freezes and the file is not created. I've tried other apps eg, MS Word and Chrome and they all create the file as expected. So, I don't think the problem is with Acrobat or Windows. Confusingly, a few times the file was created from Photos but the file name used was from another file created by Acrobat, not the name that was shown in the save as dialog box. I've restarted my Windows X latest version multiple times without success. All this makes me think there's something wrong with Photos. Any suggestions?

:)

J.C.L.Jr, Dec 29, 2019

2. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Dec 29, 2019
  3. Erika Aro Win User
    Microsoft "Print to PDF" prints out Garbage

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Microsoft Print to PDF, we just have a few questions for you:

• What are the documents that you're trying to save as a PDF file?
    • Can you provide us a step-by-step screenshot of how you print your documents as PDF?

Erika Aro, Dec 29, 2019
  4. Problems "Printing" pdf Files from the Photos App

PDF Printing Problem With Edge

Hi ,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

In order to assist you better could you please confirm a couple of things:

• How did you try to print?
    • What happens when you try to print?
    • Did you receive any error message?
    Nevertheless, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps:

• Open the PDF file which you want to print.
    • Click on the Ellipses which is at the top right hand corner of the Edge Browser.
    • Select Print option and then click ok.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Dec 29, 2019
Thema:

Problems "Printing" pdf Files from the Photos App

1. Problems "Printing" pdf Files from the Photos App - Similar Threads - Problems Printing pdf

2. Can't print pdf files or photo filed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't print pdf files or photo filed: For the past weeks I cannot print any photos or pdf on my HP printer. I can only print text files from notepad and when I try pdf it will gives me an error default for the printer....
  3. Can't print pdf files or photo filed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't print pdf files or photo filed: For the past weeks I cannot print any photos or pdf on my HP printer. I can only print text files from notepad and when I try pdf it will gives me an error default for the printer....
  4. Can't print pdf files or photo filed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. can't print pdf or photo files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't print pdf or photo files: HiSince 3 weeks I can't print pdf file or photo with my Samsung printer CLP415 Ethernet wired.I can only print simple notepad++ text file or the windows printer Test page. When I try to print the pdf fileafter few minutes I got a message "the printer can't print pdf file and...
  6. can't print pdf or photo files

can't print pdf or photo files: HiSince 3 weeks I can't print pdf file or photo with my Samsung printer CLP415 Ethernet wired.I can only print simple notepad++ text file or the windows printer Test page. When I try to print the pdf fileafter few minutes I got a message "the printer can't print pdf file and...
  7. Printing pdf or photos, from default apps issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Printing pdf or photos, from default apps issue: Hi, I've come across an issue that I cannot seem to find a resolution to. When printing from Windows 10 default pdf Edge and photo viewer, if you increase the copy numbers, they will jump around. I've been researching it but I have yet to find an answer and I hope someone...
  8. Problem printing photos using the Photos App

Problem printing photos using the Photos App: When I try to print individual photos from File Explorer, it opens a typical printing screen using the Photos App to select the paper, size, etc. The problem is that the headings and some menu selections appear in some Cyrillic language Russian? Ukranian? other?. This happens...
  9. Problem with the print menu from Photo app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with the print menu from Photo app: Hello all, For a few days i have a problem when i want to print from the default Photo app. The text in the print menu is all bugged. Updated all drivers, updated windows to latest version, problem still there. Attached a screen shot so you guys can see what i am talking...
  10. Problems with printing photos - only in Photos app

Problems with printing photos - only in Photos app: Hi. I have recently gotten a Surface GO through work, and have issues with printing. I can print documents without problems, and same wth photos via Paint. But when I try to print one or multiple photos through the Photos app the file is sent, the file is received by the...