Windows 10: Problems re-installing windows as a live upgrade

Discus and support Problems re-installing windows as a live upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi – I have been trying to re-install W10 v1809 on a Kodlix mini-computer. Link here: http://www.kodlix.com/index.php/gn41-mini-pc/ The system came... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Garyw, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Garyw Win User

Problems re-installing windows as a live upgrade

Hi – I have been trying to re-install W10 v1809 on a Kodlix mini-computer. Link here: http://www.kodlix.com/index.php/gn41-mini-pc/ The system came (Feb. 2019) with 1803 Pro installed on a built-in eMMC 5.1 storage device. Within a week, windows update upgraded to 1809.

Due to problems that belong in a different thread, I have been trying to re-install W10 v1809 as an upgrade repair from within windows. First I used a thumb drive that I have used to install 1809 on other systems and got an error message that Windows can’t be installed on a thumb drive.

Problems re-installing windows as a live upgrade [​IMG]

Then I re-booted, mounted an 1809 Iso, ran setup and got the same error.

I suspect it has something to do with the eMMC 5.1 storage that hosts the C drive. I say this because I have had issues with some backup and partitioning software recognizing this drive. The drive shows up in Disk Manager and File Explorer. File manager shows approximately 35 Gb free of 57 GB.

Has anyone else experienced this?

:)

Garyw, Apr 12, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 12, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 12, 2019
  4. Problems re-installing windows as a live upgrade

Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Apr 12, 2019
Thema:

Problems re-installing windows as a live upgrade

1. Problems re-installing windows as a live upgrade - Similar Threads - Problems installing live

2. Windows Live problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Live problem: All emails in my Window Live directories have the exact same message and attachment/s as the first email in each sub directory. I have lost all messages and attachments other than the first in each directory. Windows Live seems to have copied the first email of each directory...
  3. Windows Live problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Live problem: All emails in my Window Live directories have the exact same message and attachment/s as the first email in each sub directory. I have lost all messages and attachments other than the first in each directory. Windows Live seems to have copied the first email of each directory...
  4. Re- installing Windows 10 problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re- installing Windows 10 problems: I have created an installation usb which worked succesdfully a couple of weeks ago but I needed to use it again and the isntallation was nearly complete when it stalled and I got this message:Windows cannot access the require file D:\x64\sources\install.esd. The file does not...
  5. Re-Installing Windows 10 Problem

Re-Installing Windows 10 Problem: I am trying to r-install Windows 10, but unable to install where current one is. I tried formatting the partition, then deleting, but without success telling me to read the log flles, but where are these located? Also tried repairing original Windows, but it could not be...
  6. PRINTER RE-INSTALLATION PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PRINTER RE-INSTALLATION PROBLEM: Good day, I am problem re-installing my printer after windows 10 home activation. The printer was working fine before but, after the activation I couldn't get it back onto the PC. The printer name is HP LASERJET P1102 with Serial Number: VNC6T43129 Black & White. Any...
  7. Windows 10 Re-install problem

Windows 10 Re-install problem: I have a HP Pavillion 510-127c desktop which suddenly went black screen and failed to reboot even after repeated power shutdown and up. Suspecting harddrive failure, I installed a new harddrive and tried to re-install Windows 10 using an Installation Media which I had created...
  8. Problems on re installing windows 10

Problems on re installing windows 10: Hi,I have problem on installing windows 10 in unallocated space. I can't even partition it through command prompt.Whenever I try to create partition it says cyclic redundancy check...
  9. itunes re-install problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    itunes re-install problems: Due to performance issues after switching to windows 10 I tried uninstalling and re-installing iTunes. I have removed the old versi0on and any file I could find relating to Apple, iTunes, Bonjour etc. Still after I uploaded the new iTunes when I try to launch it is telling...
  10. Windows 10 re install problems

Windows 10 re install problems: I have a laptop that worked in beginning but then all of a sudden I got an error message of missing operating system file clfs.sys. I then contacted manufacturers and they sent me a disk to fix issue. It brings up the windows setup box where you pick language and your...