Windows 10: Problems reactivating windows after hardware change

Discus and support Problems reactivating windows after hardware change in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Over Christmas I was given new PC parts motherboard, GPU, CPU, RAM, basically a whole new computer. After swapping out all the new hardware I went to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SalvoSix, Jan 11, 2021.

1. SalvoSix Win User

Problems reactivating windows after hardware change

Over Christmas I was given new PC parts motherboard, GPU, CPU, RAM, basically a whole new computer. After swapping out all the new hardware I went to use the activation troubleshooter and my PC doesn't show up to be reactivated in the troubleshooter. However, if I go to my Microsoft account and check the my devices section I have two devices with the same name on registered with the account, one has my old hardware config and the other is the new. Nothing I try seems to let me reactivate my version of windows and it's been weeks since I made this change with no luck contacting support.

Does anyone know anything I should try to reactivate windows on my new hardware config?

Also, I have been sitting in the chat queue for windows support just about everyday since Christmas with no luck getting a person to talk to. Is there any other way to contact support because this is getting ridiculous.

:)

SalvoSix, Jan 11, 2021
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 reactivation on hardware changes

Hi Florea,

It is possible that Windows won't be able to identify your computer correctly that is why the operating system is not activated. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to reactivate your Windows 10 after a hardware change.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jan 11, 2021
  3. windows 10 reactivation after hardware change

I just changed motherboards, and When I follow the the steps listed in the "reactivate windows 10 after hardware change" support page, it gives me the message "unable to activate windows" message after I sign in and identify my device,
    with no error code, just a subheader that says "can't activate windows 10 on this device, try again later."

Primero Holodon, Jan 11, 2021
  4. Jack_924 Win User

Windows 10 won't reactivate after a hardware change

I changed a lot of the hardware on my device recently, however I followed the steps on the Microsoft support page to get my computer ready for the hardware change so that I could reactivate Windows 10 after I changed the hardware. However, now it won't reactivate,
    and has the error code 0xC004F025, and when I try to troubleshoot it says "We can't reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later."

My Windows 10 was a free upgrade from Windows 7.

Jack_924, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Problems reactivating windows after hardware change - Similar Threads - Problems reactivating hardware

2. Problems reactivating Windows 10 after hardware change

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems reactivating Windows 10 after hardware change: I've recently upgraded my Motherboard and CPU and I am having issues with reactivating windows. I did not link my microsoft account to the digital license before changing my motherboard, and I no longer have the motherboard so I cant go back to it and do it now. I have went...
  3. Reactivation after hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivation after hardware change: I recently upgraded my motherboard, CPU, and RAM on my computer, and replaced my HDD with an SDD a few weeks earlier. Since the latest change, I see a watermark on my screen telling me to activate windows. When I try the troubleshooter and tell it I upgraded the hardware, it...
  4. Reactivation after hardware change

Reactivation after hardware change: Hello, I have the 0xC004F213 error when I want to activate my product. I recently build a new PC because my old one died and thats waht I get. I don't have a product key, I've bought that almost 5 years ago and it's just lost. Is there any possibilty to reactivate it?...
  5. Problems reactivating Windows after a hardware change.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems reactivating Windows after a hardware change.: I recently changed My motherboard and CPU. I tried reactivating windows through my microsoft account: [ATTACH] however: [ATTACH] can someone help me with that?...
  6. Reactivation after hardware change

Reactivation after hardware change: Hello, I changed hardware(Motherboard and CPU) and want to reactivate windows but it wont work. I do have a retail version and made sure my account was linked to my digital license so as to avoid any issues for reactivation. I tried to contact Microsoft support twice to...
  7. reactivation after hardware change

reactivation after hardware change: I had to basicaly rebuild my pc after it broke so pretty much a new system. I tried reactivating it and went through the troubleshooter but it won't reactivate is ther anything else i coud try?...
  8. Problems with reactivating Windows 10 after hardware change

Problems with reactivating Windows 10 after hardware change: Hey there, My pc recently got quite a big upgrade (CPU, Motherboard, RAM, PSU) and I've been trying to re-activate my w10 ever since. I followed the basic procedure by clicking "troubleshoot" at the activation panel and then on "I recently changed my hardware". The first...
  9. Problem with reactivating Windows 10 after hardware change

Problem with reactivating Windows 10 after hardware change: I just changed my motherboard and CPU. Since i got Windows 10 through the free upgrade i dont really have a product key, so i followed the instruction from microsoft. I linked my "old computer" to my microsoft account and installed Windows 10 with a USB-Stick, but skipped...
  10. Reactivating after a hardware change

Reactivating after a hardware change: just upgraded my motherboard and processer and now I cant reactivate windows jus get the following message error code 0xc004c003 Unable to activate Windows We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later. anyone know what I need to do to fix this...