Windows 10: Problems receiving MIDI in Ableton Live 9

Discus and support Problems receiving MIDI in Ableton Live 9 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! Hoping to get some help with a strange problem. I'm running Live 9 on Windows 10 and can't get Ableton to receive MIDI from my midi interface.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 123Chocula, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Problems receiving MIDI in Ableton Live 9

Hello! Hoping to get some help with a strange problem. I'm running Live 9 on Windows 10 and can't get Ableton to receive MIDI from my midi interface.

My setup:
    Audio - Motu Ultralite mk3 Hybrid
    Midi - Motu Express 128

The weird part is that using the mme/DirectX audio driver allows midi to be received and routed within Ableton. But using the Ultralite's ASIO driver prevents Ableton from receiving midi. No light from the MIDI in track indicator-- just nothing. I understand that ASIO isn't supposed to effect anything to do with MIDI, but unfortunately in my case it seems to interfere.

I tried switching to the ASIO4All driver but similar to the mme/DirectX driver that prevents me from using more than a stereo pair as input and output on my audio interface. I've tried reinstalling drivers without any luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

123Chocula, Oct 11, 2020

2. Does Windows 10 work with Ableton Live 9 and Plugins?

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern with Ableton Live 9 application software and it is a third party application software on Windows 10 operating system (O.S.).

We do not support Ableton Live 9 third party application software.

I suggest you to contact the Ableton Live 9 technical support team from the official website link below:

Contact Us | Ableton

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Oct 11, 2020
  3. Ableton Live 9 (or 10) Lite Vocoder

I've been using Ableton Live 9 Lite a little for several months, and recently updated to Ableton Live 10 Lite. I can't find the built-in Ableton vocoder shown in video tutorials in either of these versions. Does anyone know whether the Ableton Live Lite software has the built-in vocoder? Thank you very much! :Problems receiving MIDI in Ableton Live 9 :)

mathgirl1024, Oct 11, 2020
  4. Problems receiving MIDI in Ableton Live 9

Ableton Live 9 (or 10) Lite Vocoder

• Ableton Live 10 Vocoder is not available in Lite Edition and Intro
      Edition.
    • Ableton Live 10 Vocoder is available in Standard Edition and Suite

Edition.
    • Ableton Lite is slightly more restricted than the Intro version.
    • For detailed comparisons between Intro, Standard and Suite Editions
      see the corresponding official page.
      Compare Live editions | Ableton
    • For detailed list of features included in Live 10 Lite visit
      Live 10 Lite | Ableton (As you can see Vocoder is not listed there, thus it is not available in Lite Edition of Live)

Dmytro Dzyubak, Oct 11, 2020
Thema:

Problems receiving MIDI in Ableton Live 9

1. Problems receiving MIDI in Ableton Live 9 - Similar Threads - Problems receiving MIDI

2. BSOD when using Ableton live 11 suddenly crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when using Ableton live 11 suddenly crash: Hi,My case asking many times before so my minidump reports link as follow;Waiting your feedback Thanks https://www.dropbox.com/s/bd89uwgygzfxsas/Minidump.rar?dl=0...
  3. BSOD when closing Ableton Live

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when closing Ableton Live: Hi! I've been having this issue ever since I bought my new laptop 2 months ago. Most times when closing Ableton I get BSOD sometimes while working in Ableton also. I've uninstalled Live 3 times. I searched reg edit and deleted all the remaining files went to Ableton's...
  4. Ableton Live 10.1 blurry after latest windows update

Ableton Live 10.1 blurry after latest windows update: Hi there, I've got WIndows 10 Pro and after installing latest update 20H2 I noticed that Ableton Live window became noticeably blurrier. It's not too bad, but it's creating certain difficulties working with automations for example. Has anyone noticed something like this? I...
  5. No MIDI signals being received over USB-MIDI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No MIDI signals being received over USB-MIDI: Hi there, I'm having issues with USB-MIDI connectivity. I have connected 2 USB-MIDI devices a Casio CDP-120 and an Arturia Minilab to my laptop, and no MIDI signals are being received. Both devices show up in Device Manager, but neither are recognised by Ableton Live nor a...
  6. Midi problem

Midi problem: Hello. Im trying to use the MAudio Midisport Uno but something is wrong. Laptop shows the device but its not transmitting midi info. Theres a yellow triangle with and exclamation inside: Ive tried installing and reinstalling drivers, different USB ports, right clicking in...
  7. Midi problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Midi problem: Hello. Im trying to use the MAudio Midisport Uno but something is wrong. Laptop shows the device but its not transmitting midi info. Theres a yellow triangle with and exclamation inside: Ive tried installing and reinstalling drivers, different USB ports, right clicking in...
  8. Opening Ableton Live 10 Lite Breaks System audio

Opening Ableton Live 10 Lite Breaks System audio: For some reason whenever I open Ableton on my laptop, I can't watch videos, record audio, etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-ableton-live-10-lite-breaks-system-audio/6b864b4f-5ec3-41a7-8080-ff68b5d6713e
  9. critical system failure's due to using ableton live 10.

critical system failure's due to using ableton live 10.: hello, so I'm a music producer and lately, I've been experiencing a very annoying error which causes my computer to reboot itself. upon looking through the windows event viewer several errors popped up all causing my pc to restart. error's are: The computer has...
  10. MIDI file problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    MIDI file problem: Recently I have downloaded a MIDI file from YouTube for remixing, I didn't have any problem downloading the file, but when I drag my MIDI file into the piano roll in FL studio 20, it only comes up with the bass chords. I got confused for a while, then decided to open the MIDI...