Windows 10: Problems Redeeming Minecraft for Windows 10 Prior to Expiration

Discus and support Problems Redeeming Minecraft for Windows 10 Prior to Expiration in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; On the fifteenth of this month, I learned about being able to redeem a code for Minecraft Windows 10 Edition if you owned Minecraft Java Edition before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Film Noire, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Problems Redeeming Minecraft for Windows 10 Prior to Expiration

On the fifteenth of this month, I learned about being able to redeem a code for Minecraft Windows 10 Edition if you owned Minecraft Java Edition before a set date on 2018. I have owned an account since 2012, so I had decided to redeem said code on the very day, but no key was generated. I tried again, and when it did not work tried another time the following day. None of those times did it work. I've checked online, and nowhere could I find anyone else with my problem. I've also checked the FAQs on Minecraft, Windows, and X-Box with no luck. I gave up until now, as I had thought it may be some sort of bug they would get rid of soon after- then, I learned of the expiration date. Is it still possible to receive a copy of the game, being I had tried before and it had simply not given it to me, or am I out of luck because of it randomly deciding not to give it to me?

:)

Film Noire, Apr 28, 2020

2. Windows 10: Issues with redeeming code for Minecraft Beta Edition.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with
    redeeming a code for Minecraft Beta Edition app on Windows 10.

The issue could occur if the code is not redeemed properly or it is already redeemed.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "redeem my Minecraft Beta edition", how exactly have you tried to redeem the code?

I suggest you to refer to the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article about redeeming the code and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/learn-gift-card

Please get back to us with an update on issue with redeeming code for
    Minecraft Beta Edition app, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Apr 28, 2020
  3. minecraft windows 10 redeem code

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the redemption of Minecraft game. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• When did you received the redemption code for Minecraft Windows 10 edition?
    • Are you signing with same Microsoft account to install the game, which you used to redeem/purchase the Minecraft game?
    • Were you be able to play this game prior to this issue, was there any changes made in the PC?

However, you can check the
    Redeem a gift card or code to your Microsoft account
    article and check if that helps. If you still face the issue please reply to in-private message sent and also check with the Mojang support.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Apr 28, 2020
  4. Problems Redeeming Minecraft for Windows 10 Prior to Expiration

Redeeming windows 10 edition of minecraft

Hello, I redeemed a code for the Windows 10 edition of minecraft in 2017, which I was able to get from having the java edition. I have the default game downloaded on my PC, but the code did not seem to work.

Edit: The link to redeem the code from mojang's sight brought me to the microsoft "redeem" page, but the code is listed as "already redeemed," even though this does not show up in my account page.

DavidSchroeder8, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

Problems Redeeming Minecraft for Windows 10 Prior to Expiration

1. Problems Redeeming Minecraft for Windows 10 Prior to Expiration - Similar Threads - Problems Redeeming Minecraft

2. Minecraft Windows 10 redeem

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Minecraft Windows 10 redeem: Hey are they still doing the thing where you can redeem the windows 10 edition of minecraft if you bought java before 2018 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-windows-10-redeem/2151d64c-2ccb-44a2-8b76-20eba0818a15
  3. Windows 10 Minecraft Redeem Error

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Minecraft Redeem Error: EDIT: I posted this same question on the 11th of April. Really wish I got told the redeem codes were refreshed. I tried redeeming Minecraft for Win10 about 2 weeks after the beta came out. I had purchased Minecraft: Java Edition for Christmas 2011, so I was DEFINITELY...
  4. Problem Redeeming free Minecraft Windows 10 Edition

Problem Redeeming free Minecraft Windows 10 Edition: I have been having an issue with being able to redeem my free version of Minecraft Windows 10. I purchased the Java edition around 8 years ago and when Winows 10 first came out, I tried redeeming it and it always brought me to a pay webpage. I never got a redeem code. I don't...
  5. Minecraft Windows 10 Redeem code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Windows 10 Redeem code: Hello. I'm getting back into Minecraft with a friend, and I recall that anyone who owned the game before 2018 gets the Windows 10 version for free. I've had the game since 2011, and I can see the option to redeem this on my Mojang account page, but upon clicking it, I am...
  6. Redeeming Minecraft for Windows 10

Redeeming Minecraft for Windows 10: Hello, I apologise if this is adding to a potentially fast growing pile of complaints. I have only been made aware of the abrupt cut off period for owners of the Java copy of Minecraft to receive their copy of Minecraft for Windows 10. Is there no way of redeeming this...
  7. Redeeming Minecraft Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Redeeming Minecraft Windows 10: There is apparently no gift codes at the moment and I know that this has been asked before but it has done it again. I haven't gotten a response from Mojang and I don't know what to do especially since the redeeming will be ending on 4/20/20...
  8. Minecraft windows 10 redeem code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft windows 10 redeem code: I know this is probably pretty late but a few years back i received a free copy of minecraft windows 10 edition. Upon trying the key, it said it was already claimed. I tried to contact mojang support but they never responded, seeing as microsoft is the distributor of this...
  9. redeeming minecraft windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    redeeming minecraft windows 10: I have tried to redeem my free copy of Windows 10 edition and says there are no codes available. according to your support threads they claim that it is fixed but it is not Error! It looks like we've temporarily run out of gift codes for Minecraft for Windows 10. Don't...
  10. minecraft redeem code problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    minecraft redeem code problems: Hi. i just colected my redeem code and i accidandeli used my code but i dont even know where and now i cant get my windows 10 edition of mincraft bc when i try to use it now it says it was used already. Please help me bc i just want to play with my friend who is on mobile....