Windows 10: Problems regarding microphone and camera

Discus and support Problems regarding microphone and camera in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So basically when i plug in my camera it starts working as it should be but for unknown reasons my microphone disables upon camera being plugged in. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AintGoingToWork, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Problems regarding microphone and camera

So basically when i plug in my camera it starts working as it should be but for unknown reasons my microphone disables upon camera being plugged in. I have tried some community guides and a couple of videos on youtube but nothing addresses this peculiar problem.
    I am in hope to get quick answers as to I am in a must to have camera enabled in my next online lessons starting today.

:)

AintGoingToWork, Apr 8, 2020
  2. Rose Ter Win User

Camera and Microphone Privacy

Hi Moustafa,

This issue occurs due to permission issue, driver issue, license for an app is out of sync with the license installed on the computer or if the app is not updated. To give permission to Camera and Microphone app, you may follow
    these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Privacy.
    • Look for Camera, make sure that “Let apps use my camera” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your camera as well.
    • Go back to Privacy and select Microphone, make sure that “Let apps use my microphone” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your microphone as well.

If the issue persists, we would suggest that you check out this
    link
    . This will provide you troubleshooting steps regarding Camera and Microphone issues.

Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Apr 8, 2020
  3. ElpenorG Win User
    Camera and microphone

I tried to use the camera to make a video - on Lenovo Ideapad 330S OS 10 - but the "microphone muted" message prevented the video to record.

I did the settings/privacy/microphone suggestion to no avail. I tried to get Cortana to turn on the mic but she cannot hear me. I did the steps to turn her on but she still can't hear me. Suggestions? thanks

ElpenorG, Apr 8, 2020
  4. Problems regarding microphone and camera

window crashes when i open camera or microphone setting in privacy

Hi Orangeshearts,

I would like to verify some information regarding the problem with your camera and microphone. Allow me to ask the following:

• Was your camera and microphone working before?
    • Aside from updating the drivers, what other updates or changes were performed prior to the problem?
    • Are you currently logged in as the administrator?
    • Have you set which apps can access and use your camera and microphone?

If you haven't set any apps to use your camera and microphone, then follow these steps:

• Navigate to Settings > Privacy > Camera.
    • Make sure that Let apps use my camera hardware is toggled ON.
    • Under Choose apps that can use your camera, toggle on the apps you want to give access to.
    • Do the same for the microphone. Navigate to Settings > Privacy > Microphone.

If the issue persists, then please run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter. Here's how:

• In the Cortana search, type in Control Panel, and click it from the search results.
    • Click Troubleshooting > View all.
    • Search for and click Hardware and Devices.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Please share the results on this thread for further assistance.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

Problems regarding microphone and camera

1. Problems regarding microphone and camera - Similar Threads - Problems regarding microphone

2. Hello. Problem with microphone and camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello. Problem with microphone and camera: Hello. I turned everything on the computer, sound, microphone. But when I take a video there is no sound. Also, when they call me, neither the sound nor the microphone turns on. I have everything enabled in chrome and settings. what can i do how do i fix it? my Gmail- ***...
  3. Hello. Problem with microphone and camera

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hello. Problem with microphone and camera: Hello. I turned everything on the computer, sound, microphone. But when I take a video there is no sound. Also, when they call me, neither the sound nor the microphone turns on. I have everything enabled in chrome and settings. what can i do how do i fix it? my Gmail- ***...
  4. Hello. Problem with microphone and camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. camera and microphone

camera and microphone: i have tried everything in settings, unplugging, restarting and nothing works. HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-and-microphone/6e2fe666-82c2-4273-a937-20cd02deaeef
  6. regarding camera issue

regarding camera issue: Hello i have lenovo ideapad 330 windows 10 .Here am having a camera issue where i could open the camera appEasyCamera but not able view the captured or recorded kinda things in the screen. previously it was helpful for me to attend the online class through zoom and google...
  7. Regarding Bluetooth microphone.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Regarding Bluetooth microphone.: Hi, my microphone makes it wear i can only hear myself and no one else. Ive tried everything i can to fix it but im not successful please help. Whenever i go on control panel > sound > recording devices i can hear myself talk, whenever i am i game i can hear myself talk...
  8. Headset with microphone and a camera with a microphone problem

Headset with microphone and a camera with a microphone problem: If you have a camera with a microphone hooked up to your pc and you also had a headset with a microphone hooked up to your pc could your microphone with your headset stop working with your headset? Like stopped working as in when you go to the control panel> Hardware and...
  9. camera and microphone

camera and microphone: camera and microphone not on device manager list https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-and-microphone/7bed4d19-01a7-49c3-9ced-d85664bc0b77
  10. Regarding camera

Regarding camera: I recently bought MSI GL63 8RD. Yesterday the camera was working fine but when i tried today it shows me an error 0xA00F4292[ATTACH] I tried restatrest my device and also uninstalling driver from device manager and then scam for hardware change. Pls tell me how to solve...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turn on microphone and camera