Windows 10: Problems reinstalling windows

Discus and support Problems reinstalling windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had windows 10, which has crashed and stopped working. I downloaded an iso from Microsoft website onto usb and dvd disc. When i try installing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by oalan, Oct 29, 2018.

1. oalan Win User

Problems reinstalling windows

I had windows 10, which has crashed and stopped working. I downloaded an iso from Microsoft website onto usb and dvd disc. When i try installing windows to carry out partition it won't allow me to do so, says "couldn't create a new partition error 0x80070017". When i try do this manually through command prompt after the point where i say create partition primary it gives error "data error (cyclic redundancy check)"

How.do i overcome this.problem

:)

oalan, Oct 29, 2018
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Oct 29, 2018
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Problems reinstalling windows :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 29, 2018
  4. Problems reinstalling windows

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 29, 2018
Thema:

Problems reinstalling windows

1. Problems reinstalling windows - Similar Threads - Problems reinstalling

2. Blue screen OxcOOOO21a. If I reinstall Windows 10, will this solve the problem and keep my...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue screen OxcOOOO21a. If I reinstall Windows 10, will this solve the problem and keep my...: If I reinstall Windows 10, will this solve the problem and keep my files ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-oxcoooo21a-if-i-reinstall-windows-10/9733371f-eae5-4ffb-b222-7ef2ae631054
  3. Problems reinstalling Windows 10.

Problems reinstalling Windows 10.: Okay, so I'll sum it up from beginning to end without taking too much of your time. Was having memory address issues and blue death screens with error message "Critical Process Died" This led to me using a pre-boot diagnostic checker on my memory, as I have had to...
  4. Windo 10 Reinstall Problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windo 10 Reinstall Problem: Dear Sir /Madam While re install the window 10 /make the factory reset to my laptop Dell Inspiron ,it gos well till the the attched screen to add the basic likelike cou ,time zone and language then I add the wifi password then shows it take a moment and restart and get the...
  5. Reinstallation of WIN10_1803 following problems with update WIN10_1809

Reinstallation of WIN10_1803 following problems with update WIN10_1809: Microsoft agents remotely reinstalled Windows 10 (older version 1803) after updated version 1809 resulted in missing Mail & Calendar (and other) apps. In process they deleted all my 3rd party aps (Family Tree Maker, Printshop 2.0, Office Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.);the...
  6. Windows 10 Reinstall Problem

Windows 10 Reinstall Problem: Novice/Amateur here, so be patient, please. Installed a new 500GB SSD in my Dell Inspiron 13 laptop and tried to clone the old drive to the new using the Acronis software from the drive's manufacturer. Needless to say, something went wrong and the clone did not go well at...
  7. Problems reinstalling windows keeping existing data Win10

Problems reinstalling windows keeping existing data Win10: I attempted to reinstall Windows with the option to keep the existing setup, but that choice didn't really work Here's what happened: A problem occurred during a Windows update, and I received an error message. Windows attempted to repair the problem, but was not...
  8. Lenovo T510 notebook windows startup problem after reinstallation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lenovo T510 notebook windows startup problem after reinstallation: Hello, I am using ThinkPad T510 noyebook with Windows 10 Education version 64 bit. Recently I had a problem showing a notification "scan for drive errors" and I tried to repair the drive errors automatically, but after the notebook restarted, it failed to perform an...
  9. Problems with Windows Updates after reinstall

Problems with Windows Updates after reinstall: Hi, after a clean reinstall of Windows 10 pro (reformat drive and reinstall), I now get an this error: [ATTACH] Clicking on "Check for updates" gives me nothing. I have tried DISM and SFC as mentioned here but both said that there were no issues. I have also downloaded...
  10. Problem Reinstalling

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem Reinstalling: Hello, I have been trying to reset my windows 10 computer as it has been infected with malware. I cannot solve the problem and have been trying for two days, I would like some help. My error is that whenever my PC restarts, the files, apps, programs revert to a certain...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reinstalling windows has error