Windows 10: Problems resetting my laptop computer

Discus and support Problems resetting my laptop computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I tried to reset my computer (To Windows 10 from Windows 8) and it stopped at 40% while resetting. It has been at 40% for more than 1 week.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by guatathearkitek, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Problems resetting my laptop computer

Hello,

I tried to reset my computer (To Windows 10 from Windows 8) and it stopped at 40% while resetting. It has been at 40% for more than 1 week. This is the third time I have tried to reset my computer unsuccessfully. I have attached the message that I receive when I attempt to reset the computer.

Problems resetting my laptop computer 64b37cd2-2807-46cb-b2d6-1fa95bd8f885?upload=true.jpg

Can you please assist me in this issue?

Thank You

:)

guatathearkitek, Nov 5, 2018
  2. Clem Win User

Multiple Issues After Resetting Laptop

Hi,

I recently reset my laptop and since then I've been experiencing a whole host of issues:

• Windows search bar doesn't work
    • Shop app won't open
    • Won't allow me to change location settings
    • Clock/calendar on my toolbar is unresponsive when I click on it

Any ideas what the problem might be, please? Advice / suggestions are very much appreciated!

Cheers,

Clem, Nov 5, 2018
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Nov 5, 2018
  4. Problems resetting my laptop computer

Laptop battery problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your laptop battery, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you run the power troubleshooter. Below are the steps:

• Type troubleshoot in the search bar.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, look for and select
      Power
    • Click the Run the troubleshooter button, and follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

Problems resetting my laptop computer

1. Problems resetting my laptop computer - Similar Threads - Problems resetting laptop

2. Problems with factory resetting my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems with factory resetting my computer: I am using a PC with the OS being Windows 10 Home, Version 21H2, and OS build 19044.2251This all started about 2 days ago where my ping was spiking up and down inconsistently in every single game that I have played, where one moment it'd be normal, then it goes up to 2000 for...
  3. Problems with factory resetting my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with factory resetting my computer: I am using a PC with the OS being Windows 10 Home, Version 21H2, and OS build 19044.2251This all started about 2 days ago where my ping was spiking up and down inconsistently in every single game that I have played, where one moment it'd be normal, then it goes up to 2000 for...
  4. Problems with factory resetting my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer reset problem

Computer reset problem: I have a Lenevo yoga laptop that I havent used in quite some time. I reset my laptop completely and like normal the laptop began to rebinstall windows. I encountered a problem where the loading screen was stuck at 65% and it was easily fixed but after the download was done i...
  6. Reset computer problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reset computer problem: I just reset my computer before installation of window I mistakenly turned off my computer. Now the bios doesn't shows my internal storage device as well as it does not recognize bootable usb device. How will I slove this problem?...
  7. Resetting computer problem

Resetting computer problem: So I am trying to reinstall windows from a usb key and it gave me 2 choices one was advance i choice the upgrade. And it showed this second picture. Then i went and try’d to exit to get back into normal windows then it went to a repair screen thats taking forever. Can someone...
  8. Reseting computer problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reseting computer problems: I need some help with my computer when I am resetting my computer I get to the blue screen with a couple different choices to exit, troubleshoot, use a disk, and exit and continue. But when I try and reset it says no changes could be made to my computer and that there was a...
  9. problem with reset computer

problem with reset computer: A couple of days ago I let my little brother use my ASUS computer, and he tried to download a cheat menu for GTA V when I had him not to. so he downloaded the little mod menu and it didn't work so he downloaded other mod menus and I guess he gave my computer some viruses but...
  10. Resetting Computer Problem

Resetting Computer Problem: Hello i am trying to reset my computer with Windows 10 but this command prompt pops up with this error saying like "winpesh1.ini file is present, but no commands were found" Thanks in advance...