Windows 10: Problems running a ps1 script

Discus and support Problems running a ps1 script in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have been trying to run the script below but keep getting error messages shown in attached screenshots which I assume is to do with access. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Glyn907, Aug 17, 2022.

1. Glyn907 Win User

Problems running a ps1 script

I have been trying to run the script below but keep getting error messages shown in attached screenshots which I assume is to do with access. The script ran perfectly before I did a Window 11 reinstall recently. Any help in laymans terms on how to resolve would be greatly appreciated. TIA$configFiles = Get-ChildItem . aircraft.cfg -recforeach $file in $configFiles{ Get-Content $file.PSPath Foreach-Object { $_ -replace "?<=icao_type_designator ?=.*", ""&nbs

:)

Glyn907, Aug 17, 2022

2. GPOs not running logon scripts

Greetings,

we have an environment of 2 DCs running WS 2008R2 and applying several GPOs. The GPOs that have a user logon script (vbs or ps1) can not run. At the same time, if we run the vbs scripts from a pc on the domain they run successfully. Any suggestions would
    be appreciated!

Thanking you in advance.

Eleftheria Siachalou, Aug 17, 2022
  3. Szewczyk Win User
    Setting .PS1 scripts default program to Powershell is soooooooooooo freak'in difficult

In Windows 10, .PS1 by default program is set to notepad, yeah go wonder, even though the description for a .PS1 file is "Windows Powershell Script", then of course trying to set it to Powershell brings up a dialog that asks "Which app do you want it to
    set to" and of course there is no app named Powershell. Then the dialog wants you to search the computer to find Powershell even though it is Microsoft's major player in scripting, the Windows 10 can't find, I have to hunt and peck to find the executable.

Szewczyk, Aug 17, 2022
  4. Problems running a ps1 script

long running script in email account

Hi,

The long-running script error usually occurs when there are issues with Internet Explorer.

To resolve your concern, we suggest turning off the scripting debugger in Internet Explorer 11. Please follow these steps:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Click the Settings icon at the top-right corner, then select Internet Options.
    • On the Advanced tab, uncheck Disable script debugging (Internet Explorer) and
      Disable script debugging (Other).
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, check if the issue will still persist.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Aug 17, 2022
Thema:

Problems running a ps1 script

1. Problems running a ps1 script - Similar Threads - Problems running ps1

2. Problems running a ps1 script

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems running a ps1 script: I have been trying to run the script below but keep getting error messages shown in attached screenshots which I assume is to do with access. The script ran perfectly before I did a Window 11 reinstall recently. Any help in laymans terms on how to resolve would be greatly...
  3. Microsoft Defender for Endpoint - too many *.ps1 scripts in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender for Endpoint - too many *.ps1 scripts in...: Hi there,I have several identical laptops that are used the same, but on several of them Microsoft Defender for endpoint runs .ps1 scripts in the folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection\DataCollection. Because there are dozens of these...
  4. Microsoft Defender for Endpoint - too many *.ps1 scripts in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Defender for Endpoint - too many *.ps1 scripts in...: Hi there,I have several identical laptops that are used the same, but on several of them Microsoft Defender for endpoint runs .ps1 scripts in the folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection\DataCollection. Because there are dozens of these...
  5. Is schedule job running DisableUnusedSmb1.ps1 normal?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is schedule job running DisableUnusedSmb1.ps1 normal?: Dears, Recently I found a schedule job running on my Windows 10 version 1809 machines. It is trying to run powershell with the following parameters. Is this normal? -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -NonInteractive -NoProfile -WindowStyle Hidden...
  6. Cannot clear Event Viewer logs with .ps1 script

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot clear Event Viewer logs with .ps1 script: I created a PowerShell script saved as a .ps1 file, which is stated below. Whenever I run it, it says "Access is denied" and does not clean Event Viewer logs. Please take a look at the attached screenshots and let me know what I am doing wrong. By the way, whenever I run the...
  7. Cannot clear Event Viewer logs with .ps1 script

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot clear Event Viewer logs with .ps1 script: I created a PowerShell script saved as a .ps1 file, which is stated below. Whenever I run it, it says "Access is denied" and does not clean Event Viewer logs. Please take a look at the attached screenshots and let me know what I am doing wrong. By the way, whenever I run the...
  8. Script running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Script running: Every so often my computer will freeze on a page. I get a message push this button to stop the script, when I do this the page will unfreeze. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/script-running/95442ea7-9470-4cf6-815a-b9a626b9af61
  9. Running Script

in Windows 10 Support
    Running Script: I am running Windows 10 / IE 11 and I keep getting a running script error (“Do you want to continue running scripts on this page”?) and it is driving me crazy. I am not real tech savvy so I don’t know where to look on how to. It just started doing it and I have been using...
  10. On how to run a .ps1 file as Administrator

in Windows 10 Support
    On how to run a .ps1 file as Administrator: Hello everyone, If you have had a chance of going through the great Brink's Tutorial Apps - Uninstall in Windows 10 (I strongly advice you do), you may have noticed that, if you wish to automatize, at least to a certain extent, the procedure of getting rid of Windows 10...