Windows 10: Problems Running Movie Maker on Win 10

Discus and support Problems Running Movie Maker on Win 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Recently I have upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, I'm trying to run Windows Movie Maker as I transferred all the files over, but I get a message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BJC1992, Feb 13, 2020.

1. BJC1992 Win User

Problems Running Movie Maker on Win 10

Recently I have upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, I'm trying to run Windows Movie Maker as I transferred all the files over, but I get a message saying 'The System Cannot Find The file Specified'. I've seen online that other people have got it to work so am hoping its something simple, anyone any ideas?

:)

BJC1992, Feb 13, 2020
  2. AndreePin Win User

Windows Movie Maker

Hi,

To get a better grasp of your Windows Movie Maker's issue, kindly provide the following:

• The version of your Windows Movie Maker.
    • Troubleshooting steps already provided.
    In the meantime, if you have purchased or downloaded the said app from our Windows Store, I suggest that you try and run our troubleshooter by clicking this
    link.

I'll keep an eye out for your reply.

AndreePin, Feb 13, 2020
  3. RadCazz Win User
    Windows Movie Maker video problems....

Hey guys,
    I downloaded three installers. Which should I try?

Problems Running Movie Maker on Win 10 [​IMG]

They each have differing file sizes, so I'm assuming each one is different in a way?

And, thanks everyone for the useful posts! I was using Movie Maker in Sandbox Virtualization, but I would rather run it on my Win 10 OS.
    I am using Movie Maker to create highlights of my nephew's lacrosse games. It is easy enough to use, but I gotta take a look at the other proggys suggested!

Thanks again. *Smile

RadCazz, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

windows movie maker on win 10

I installed the Windows Essentials 2012 Movie Maker back when my PC was running Windows 7 then subsequently took the free upgrade to Windows 10. At install (the shortcut's date matches the creation date of the Windows Live directory in Program Files) Windows Essentials 2012 created a 'Movie Maker' item on the Start menu. It's still there in the 'all apps' list under 'M' for 'Movie Maker'.

Maybe 'create a link on start menu' was an option during setup? I can't remember, it was years ago.

Thema:

1. Problems Running Movie Maker on Win 10 - Similar Threads - Problems Running Movie

2. movie maker 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    movie maker 10: I am designing a new video in movie maker 10 and after I finished the sound track, I cant return to the video. now I can't save it! how do I get out of soundtrack editor? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movie-maker-10/51c35233-8225-4ad2-915f-e1becf4ea897
  3. Movie Maker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Movie Maker: I have had Movie Maker downloaded to Windows 10 since 10 first came out. Have not been able to transfer movie to a CD with current CD/DVD player in Windows 10 which I guess was Intended. I have seen a CD/DVD Player made by Memorex which is USB compatible. It lets you...
  4. Movie Maker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Movie Maker: After upgrades my projects in movie maker can't be completed. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movie-maker/faec8cd5-5c42-4071-8169-59432369e6a8
  5. movie maker

in Windows 10 Customization
    movie maker: Can I set things up so the movie restarts - i.e. runs in a loop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movie-maker/105acc25-3935-45da-afa2-dd05b9ed422d
  6. Movie maker

Movie maker: I have made a Project in Movie Maker. I saved this Project, and also saved an mp4-file. I also made a new name of the Project (and I understand now that this was wrong.) I now have to make som changes in the Project (film) - but a lot of the film-Clip is not there. Black...
  7. Movie Maker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Movie Maker: I am using Movie Maker Version 2012. I am unable to show it on other computers. Is there a solution to this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/movie-maker/eac7668f-f097-40d6-b55a-c76702644200
  8. movie maker

movie maker: i was able to extract some of my files from my old computer window 7... I've got a new computer but does not have the movie maker...how can I load the movie maker from my old computer my new computer got a windows 10...
  9. windows movie maker on win 10

windows movie maker on win 10: Good day. Trying to get windows movie maker on win 10, I d/led Windows Essentials 2012 and is installed, after this I can not find and execute movie maker or photo gallery. Please help. Thanks. 63003
  10. Movie makers

Movie makers: Since upgrading to windows 10 my Movie Maker 2.6 no longer works. I tried to change the compatibility mode but it is set for Vista and is unchangeable. I is there a "Freeware" (Not free to download but have to purchase) program for making movies. I only use this once in a...