Windows 10: Problems Running Movie Maker on Win 10

Discus and support Problems Running Movie Maker on Win 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Recently I have upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, I'm trying to run Windows Movie Maker as I transferred all the files over, but I get a message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BJC1992, Feb 13, 2020.

1. BJC1992 Win User

Problems Running Movie Maker on Win 10

Recently I have upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, I'm trying to run Windows Movie Maker as I transferred all the files over, but I get a message saying 'The System Cannot Find The file Specified'. I've seen online that other people have got it to work so am hoping its something simple, anyone any ideas?

:)

BJC1992, Feb 13, 2020
  2. AndreePin Win User

Windows Movie Maker

Hi,

To get a better grasp of your Windows Movie Maker's issue, kindly provide the following:

• The version of your Windows Movie Maker.
    • Troubleshooting steps already provided.
    In the meantime, if you have purchased or downloaded the said app from our Windows Store, I suggest that you try and run our troubleshooter by clicking this
    link.

I'll keep an eye out for your reply.

AndreePin, Feb 13, 2020
  3. RadCazz Win User
    Windows Movie Maker video problems....

Hey guys,
    I downloaded three installers. Which should I try?

Problems Running Movie Maker on Win 10 [​IMG]

They each have differing file sizes, so I'm assuming each one is different in a way?

And, thanks everyone for the useful posts! I was using Movie Maker in Sandbox Virtualization, but I would rather run it on my Win 10 OS.
    I am using Movie Maker to create highlights of my nephew's lacrosse games. It is easy enough to use, but I gotta take a look at the other proggys suggested!

Thanks again. *Smile

RadCazz, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

windows movie maker on win 10

I installed the Windows Essentials 2012 Movie Maker back when my PC was running Windows 7 then subsequently took the free upgrade to Windows 10. At install (the shortcut's date matches the creation date of the Windows Live directory in Program Files) Windows Essentials 2012 created a 'Movie Maker' item on the Start menu. It's still there in the 'all apps' list under 'M' for 'Movie Maker'.

Maybe 'create a link on start menu' was an option during setup? I can't remember, it was years ago.

Thema:

1. Problems Running Movie Maker on Win 10 - Similar Threads - Problems Running Movie

2. Win movie maker doesn't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win movie maker doesn't open: I have launched a win movie maker on my desktop windows 7 vista, when I clicked to open it mesaage poped up that The procedure entry point ResolveLocaleName could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll. Can you help me to find out the solution?Thanks...
  3. Win movie maker doesn't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win movie maker doesn't open: I have launched a win movie maker on my desktop windows 7 vista, when I clicked to open it mesaage poped up that "The procedure entry point ResolveLocaleName" could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll. Can you help me to find out the solution?Thanks...
  4. Win movie maker doesn't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win movie maker doesn't open: I have launched a win movie maker on my desktop windows 7 vista, when I clicked to open it mesaage poped up that "The procedure entry point ResolveLocaleName" could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll. Can you help me to find out the solution?Thanks...
  5. Win movie maker doesn't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win movie maker doesn't open: I have launched a win movie maker on my desktop windows 7 vista, when i clicked to open it mesaage poped up that. The procedure entry point ResolveLocaleName could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll. Can you help me to find out the solution?Thanks....
  6. Win movie maker doesn't open

Win movie maker doesn't open: I have launched a win movie maker on my desktop windows 7 vista, when i clicked to open it mesaage poped up that. The procedure entry point ResolveLocaleName could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll. Can you help me to find out the solution?Thanks....
  7. Win movie maker doesn't open

Win movie maker doesn't open: I have launched a win movie maker on my desktop windows 7 vista, when I clicked to open it mesaage poped up that. The procedure entry point ResolveLocaleName could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll. Can you help me to find out the solution?Thanks....
  8. Problems Running Movie Maker on Win 10

Problems Running Movie Maker on Win 10: Recently I have upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, I'm trying to run Windows Movie Maker as I transferred all the files over, but I get a message saying 'The System Cannot Find The file Specified'. I've seen online that other people have got it to work so am hoping its...
  9. movie maker 10

movie maker 10: I am designing a new video in movie maker 10 and after I finished the sound track, I cant return to the video. now I can't save it! how do I get out of soundtrack editor? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movie-maker-10/51c35233-8225-4ad2-915f-e1becf4ea897
  10. windows movie maker on win 10

windows movie maker on win 10: Good day. Trying to get windows movie maker on win 10, I d/led Windows Essentials 2012 and is installed, after this I can not find and execute movie maker or photo gallery. Please help. Thanks. 63003