Windows 10: Problems Running Windows File Recovery app

Discus and support Problems Running Windows File Recovery app in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently downloaded the Windows File Recovery app from the Microsoft store, but when I open it the programs opens a program called Command Center and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Savage D, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Savage D Win User

Problems Running Windows File Recovery app

I recently downloaded the Windows File Recovery app from the Microsoft store, but when I open it the programs opens a program called Command Center and wants a command to get started after it shows the prompt: C\WINDOWS\system32>. Can anyone provide the command to enter after this prompt to run the program or provide any other assistance in using this application?

Thanks

:)

Savage D, Dec 26, 2020

2. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Dec 26, 2020
  3. Problems with apps running.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better I would like to know the application that you downloaded to open .Rar files.

This issue may arise when some of the Windows components or applications gets corrupted.

I would suggest you to try running Windows store app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the
      Search
      area on the taskbar.

• Click on View all on the left panel of the Troubleshooting Windows.

• Select Windows store Apps.

• Follow the on screen instruction.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to reset the Windows Store and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type wsreset.exe. Press Enter.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to
    help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 26, 2020
  4. NdMk2o1o Win User

Best free file recovery

My mate was doing a back up and somehow managed to delete a lot of important files and photos, he has downloaded a program called pctools which does file recovery and it finds the files though to recover them he has to pay, he is a bit dubious about paying before the recovery incase it doesnt do as advertised, does anyone know of any good free file recovery apps that actually work.

The files shouldnt be too hard to recover as they were just deleted from the recycle bin and the drive hasnt been formatted, any help appreciated.

NdMk2o1o, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Problems Running Windows File Recovery app - Similar Threads - Problems Running File

2. External HD recovery with Windows File Recovery App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External HD recovery with Windows File Recovery App: Hi MS communityI have tried to use Windows File Recovery to recover all my files stored on a WD external Passport HD.I downloaded the app and used the command below:Winfr C: D:\Recovery /extensiveThe app gives me the following error message which I don't know what it...
  3. External HD recovery with Windows File Recovery App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External HD recovery with Windows File Recovery App: Hi MS communityI have tried to use Windows File Recovery to recover all my files stored on a WD external Passport HD.I downloaded the app and used the command below:Winfr C: D:\Recovery /extensiveThe app gives me the following error message which I don't know what it...
  4. Windows File Recovery App

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows File Recovery App: Hello, I installed Windows File Recovery app Version: 0.1.20151.0 from the Microsoft Store to my Lenovo laptop today in order to recover a folder that got lost on my hard drive. I don't exactly how that happenedMy laptop has the following Windows SpecificationsEdition:...
  5. Windows File Recovery problem

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows File Recovery problem: I can't download Microsoft File Recovery I updated my laptop to the latest version and it still saying "It looks like you don't have applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with your Microsoft account." What should I do I really...
  6. Problem running recovery on windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem running recovery on windows 10: When I run system recovery from my USB flash drive it goes through the process and then comes back saying unable to reset computer nothing has been changed try advanced options or turn off your PC. So when I do turn it off and restart it without the flash drive it comes back...
  7. I can't get "Windows File Recovery" app to run on my PC.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't get "Windows File Recovery" app to run on my PC.: I can't get Windows File Recovery app winfr.exe to run despite my PC having Win10Home 64bit, v2004 build19041.610 According to the CMD that appears, "winfr.exe is not a recognized as an internal or external command, operable or batch file." [ATTACH] I even used to the...
  8. Problem running an .exe file

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem running an .exe file: I tried to run an .exe from a dir on win10 by clicking on it and got a message that defender had stopped it running. i clicked for more details and i got it to run. but i did nothing to see that this won't happen again. could it? is there something we should do when...
  9. Problem Running Windows Recovery from ISO

Problem Running Windows Recovery from ISO: I am trying to incorporate the Windows recovery disc ISOs into an all-in-one grub recovery disc. I have already included WinXP-PE, Win7PE and Win10PE, plus every conceivable utility and malware removal program that I can find. I decided I wanted to add the Windows recovery...
  10. Problem with running .exe files

Problem with running .exe files: Hi everyone, my friend having a problem with running .exe files. I thought it would be the best to ask here. He can't run .exe files. Sorry for my bad English. http://oi58.tinypic.com/spvnh1.jpg 20973