Windows 10: problems saving a snip. Windows 10

Discus and support problems saving a snip. Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I took a snip and went to save it in This PC > Pictures. But I couldn't - the title was highlighted in blue. The only way that I could save it was to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Taffy087, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Taffy087 Win User

problems saving a snip. Windows 10

I took a snip and went to save it in This PC > Pictures. But I couldn't - the title was highlighted in blue. The only way that I could save it was to save it in another place and so I saved it in This PC > Music (the folder).

This happened frequently in my other laptop but I didn't raise the problem here, thinking it was a problem with that laptop.

But I posting this with my new laptop. When I've submitted this I'll move the snip from Music to Pictures. There'll be no problem doing that but why it is happening? I'd appreciate your help please.

:)

Taffy087, Aug 20, 2019

2. Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

All it is is one extra step beyond what is native to windows 10. Yes, technically it would be easier to have the functionality of print built in to the Windows 7 version, but you just have to save it ,and right click on it ,and print.

As far as getting the windows 10 version into windows7. I know there was a way to get the old winpaint, so maybe there's a way to get the snipping tool into 10, I don't know.

im curious if i could compress, and upload the application to this post? 7zip doesnt seem to be allowed

jboydgolfer, Aug 20, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Ahhzz, Aug 20, 2019
  4. MarkFilip Win User

Windows 10 snipping tool no longer saves

Recently, my Windows 10 snipping tool has stopped saving files. I can do everything in the snipping tool except save or "save as". I don't know when this started, but it's been within the last month. When I snip something and choose "save as", no window
    comes up prompting me for a save location. If I snip something and just try to close the tool I'm prompted on whether or not I want to save and even clicking on "Yes" just exits the tool with no save.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd like to know.

Moved From:

MarkFilip, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

1. problems saving a snip. Windows 10 - Similar Threads - problems saving snip

2. Snipping Tool "Zooming in" when Snips are Saved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool "Zooming in" when Snips are Saved: Help - I use the Windows 11 Snipping Tool on a daily basis. Today it started only saving a small portion of the upper left corner of any snip I take, not the entire snip. Example below of a snip I took of an entire flower and the saved snip result of only a portion of this...
  3. Snipping Tool "Zooming in" when Snips are Saved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping Tool "Zooming in" when Snips are Saved: Help - I use the Windows 11 Snipping Tool on a daily basis. Today it started only saving a small portion of the upper left corner of any snip I take, not the entire snip. Example below of a snip I took of an entire flower and the saved snip result of only a portion of this...
  4. Where are Screenshots and Snips saved in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Where are Screenshots and Snips saved in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Whether you want to share your game score, save an outfit idea, give a presentation, demonstrate something, or anything else, screenshots are used everywhere. Taking and sharing the screenshots is very simple and handy. How wonderful it is that we can capture our...
  5. is there a way to automatically save snip with Snip and Sketch?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is there a way to automatically save snip with Snip and Sketch?: when I use the function, it says "snip has been saved to clipboard" or something but I can't paste it anywhere I like, I have to open the snip and manually save it. is there a more automatic or faster way to save a screenshot? Win+PrtSc screenshot everything on the screen, I...
  6. HOW TO SAVE A SNIP ?

HOW TO SAVE A SNIP ?: How do I save a snip document which goes to a clipboard, but there is not really a clipboard in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-save-a-snip/5559967c-d55a-4ad0-9e55-ada05bc6a24d
  7. Problem saving pictures/snips. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem saving pictures/snips. Windows 10: Previously, when I wanted to save a picture or snip I would click on it and save it, usually to One Drive > Pictures folder. It was a simple and quick thing to then find them to e.g. insert in a thread. For several weeks now, that simple process hasn't worked and I've been...
  8. Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.: Downloaded the 1809 version of windows 10, no problems except that the new "Snip and sketch" app doesn't save anything. Get a message telling me " Something went wrong" all of the time. The app will not allow me to change permission to access pictures either. Did reset it...
  9. Can't 'save as' snips

Can't 'save as' snips: I cannot get my snipping tool to let me save as and snips. When I exit it asks if I want to save changes, but I cannot find the files as there's no indication of where they're going or what they're called. I've tried the recommended solutions about repairing corrupted...
  10. Turn On or Off Ask to Save Snip in Snip & Sketch app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Ask to Save Snip in Snip & Sketch app in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Ask to Save Snip in Snip & Sketch app in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Ask to Save Snip before Closing Snip & Sketch app in Windows 10 The Snip & Sketch app included in Windows 10 allows you to quickly annotate screenshots, photos and other...