Windows 10: problems searching my C Drive. Windows 10

Discus and support problems searching my C Drive. Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I need to find many documents and folders to use when I set up a new laptop so I'm searching the C Drive on this laptop. The first search brought up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Taffy087, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Taffy087 Win User

problems searching my C Drive. Windows 10

I need to find many documents and folders to use when I set up a new laptop so I'm searching the C Drive on this laptop. The first search brought up many results and I saved the search - the first time that I used it & I thought it was a great tool.

I checked the first result of dozens and it wasn't what I need so I searched again. But it didn't bring up my saved search; it started again ("working on it").

I was expecting my first 'saved search' to appear immediately every time. Given the number of items I need to look at, having to search again & again will take forever.

Am I doing something wrong?

:)

Taffy087, Mar 5, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 5, 2019
  3. Windows 10

its already there. there is a hard set factory image from samsung. problem is it takes a long time to get that backup into the drive again and destroys the C drive data.

so looks like i wont be trying windows 10 anytime soon *Stick Out Tongue problems searching my C Drive. Windows 10 :p

de.das.dude, Mar 5, 2019
  4. RonBarker Win User

Can't find the C drive in Windows 10

All the suggestions above work, however, the easiest way to find C Drive is to type>This PC in the search box>Right click on>This PC and choose pin to taskbar. The hiding of C Drive and other Drives is another one of Microsoft's one-step forward and three-steps
    back.

RonBarker, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

1. problems searching my C Drive. Windows 10 - Similar Threads - problems searching Drive

2. C drive problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive problem?: Hello, my pc isn’t working it, as vague as that seems I cannot figure out the problem The startup is normal until it gets to the desktop. It’s completely empty apart from the task bar and occasionally it loads up a pop upThat says ‘Pen driver could not be found’ I have tried...
  3. C drive problem?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C drive problem?: Hello, my pc isn’t working it, as vague as that seems I cannot figure out the problem The startup is normal until it gets to the desktop. It’s completely empty apart from the task bar and occasionally it loads up a pop upThat says ‘Pen driver could not be found’ I have tried...
  4. C drive problem?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Problems with the C: drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problems with the C: drive.: As you can see, my C: drive is maxed out.I did everything, recommended. To free, up space.Emptied, the recycle-bin etc. What, do I do now?The files on C: are the, normal files. Nothing to delete?Can the space on D: be used for anything? Just curious?Thanks for reading . . ....
  6. C: drive problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    C: drive problem: My laptop automatically.fill When I'm open my laptop im not using anything but. 1 or 2 gb memory taken.every day same issue .how to resolve this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c-drive-problem/cc681aef-91dc-4c12-99fb-7e381c2b7ded
  7. Search function in Win10 will not search C drive

in Cortana
    Search function in Win10 will not search C drive: I've tried altering the search parameters with in the 'settings ' to include the C:/ drive and have tried rebuild and it still only searches mainly Bing and occasionally my files. Can I delete this and either download it again or is there anothr commercial app which does...
  8. Windows 10 search C drive not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 search C drive not working: Hi I recently installed an SSD and cloned my windows drive to this new C: SSD and renamed my old windows drive X:oldwindows. Everything seemed to go ok except that now, when I try to search through the quick access folders or library folders I have no results returned. It...
  9. Problems with "Save results of C Drive search".

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems with "Save results of C Drive search".: I'm using the Search facility a lot at the moment as I'm setting up a new laptop. There are two problems - (1) the "Save results doesn't work" and (2) if there are say ten results, I'll click on the first one and if it's not what I'm searching for, I have to look at the...
  10. C: Drive Problems

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    C: Drive Problems: I don't understand how my C: Drive keeps taking my permission away and making a new admin named OWNER and putting $Window-WS, Am I hacked or what and another thing ,when I check for previous versions it wi be 2-4 other dates it was changed Please tell me anything. Win 7UIT 64...