Windows 10: Problems sending emails in Windows Mail - Server Error 501

Discus and support Problems sending emails in Windows Mail - Server Error 501 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Problems sending emails in Windows Mail - Server Error 501... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sidney Towe, Mar 13, 2023.

1. Problems sending emails in Windows Mail - Server Error 501

Problems sending emails in Windows Mail - Server Error 501

:)

Sidney Towe, Mar 13, 2023

2. Windows 10 Mail app can't send emails

Take a look at this page and double check all of your settings.

Send/Receive NFN eMail Remotely and Securely | NFN FAQs

Try using a secure connection

[table][tr][td]Incoming mail (POP3) Problems sending emails in Windows Mail - Server Error 501 33851d1485949535t-windows-10-mail-app-cant-send-emails-tickye_b.png This server requires a secure connection (SSL) Change the Incoming mail (POP3) port to 995[/td] [td]Outgoing mail (SMTP) Problems sending emails in Windows Mail - Server Error 501 33851d1485949535t-windows-10-mail-app-cant-send-emails-tickye_b.png This server requires a secure connection (SSL) Change the Outgoing mail (SMTP) port to 587[/td] [/tr] [/table]

Problems sending emails in Windows Mail - Server Error 501 33855d1485955032t-windows-10-mail-app-cant-send-emails-emlnaples.net.png

If your eMail client has Requires authentication, select it
    Most servers use Clear text authentication - do not change that unless your provider gave you instructions to set it up.

Slartybart, Mar 13, 2023
  3. ¡Firedog Win User
    Windows Mail will not send but will receive emails

Check your settings: right-click on the account name in the folder pane and select
    Properties.

• On the Servers tab

• Ensure that the Email username is your full email address
      • Ensure that Log on using clear text authentication is selected

• Ensure that My server requires authentication is selected
    • Click Apply and
      OK

Remove any unsent messages from the outbox (below the account folders in the folder pane), then compose a new test message with a unique subject and send it to yourself. Post any new error message in your reply.

[Note that Windows Live Mail is not the same as Windows Mail. The error message suggests that you're still on Vista using its inbuilt mail program. Your question has been moved to the right forum assuming that that is the case.]

¡Firedog, Mar 13, 2023
  4. Larnu Win User

Office 2013 Mail Merge sending no emails

I used to have no problems sending a Mail merge on Windows 7, however, trying to do one today on Windows 10, and it's simply not working.

I've done everything the same, using an excel document as the data source, and that works fine. When I select Finish & Merge -> Send Email Documents and then OK, Word makes it appear it worked (all the dynamic values change to those of the contacts as it cycles through sending each email), but that's it. Not one email is sent; nothing in my sent items and nothing shows that any of those contacts have been email on our exchange or email archive software.

I've seen that people suggest that Outlook is my default app (it is). Double checked the registry key as well Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail\(Default) has the value Microsoft Outlook.

I've literally done nothing different from when doing this on Windows 7; seems that the searches seem to suggest that it's a common problem as well, but everyone seems to say they had a problem and disappears from their support request (and most answer tell you to check the above registry key).

Larnu, Mar 13, 2023
Thema:

1. Problems sending emails in Windows Mail - Server Error 501 - Similar Threads - Problems sending emails

2. Problems sending emails in Windows Mail - Server Error 501

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems sending emails in Windows Mail - Server Error 501: Problems sending emails in Windows Mail - Server Error 501 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problems-sending-emails-in-windows-mail-server/82033da0-68bb-4ca1-abba-bd26e6340b30
  3. SENDING EMAIL USING WINDOWS MAIL

SENDING EMAIL USING WINDOWS MAIL: Hi, Up until a few days ago we had no problem using the mail app on our computer, using windows 10. Suddenly it stopped and emails just go and sit in the outbox and a notification appears saying " Unable to access this account ................ You might need to update...
  4. Mail app for Windows is not sending emails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail app for Windows is not sending emails: I have an issue with the Mail app for Windows. It stopped sending emails, they are hanging in the outbox. But inbound correspondence gets into inbox without any problems. I have this issue only with the Mail App, Outlookworks as expected. Could you help me fix it?...
  5. Windows Mail will not send email

Windows Mail will not send email: My windows mail app will not send email. Whenever I click send, the email disappears, it is not added to my outbox or sent email, and it never gets sent. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-mail-will-not-send-email/ee82b4b5-69d5-4349-94d0-a90f2675b3c2
  6. Problems sending emails in Microsoft Mail

Problems sending emails in Microsoft Mail: When I send an email it is no longer appearing in my Sent box. I am therefore not sure whether they have been sent. I did recently receive a reply to one of my sent messages so they are going out. I simply don't have a copy in my Sent box...
  7. Exchange Server Mail Send/Receive Problem

Exchange Server Mail Send/Receive Problem: Hi to all, We're using Microsoft Exchange Server in our company. About every few months, some of our users says they can't get mails from other users. We found the basic solution by deleting the automatically completed record in the recipient section from the screen of the...
  8. Windows Mail doesn't send emails

Windows Mail doesn't send emails: I have synced two email accounts (AOL and Exchange) on my new Surface Laptop. I have full internet etc. It loads new emails and it seems like I can reply as normal. I press send and there is no error message. A day later, I thought it was odd that I hadn't received a...
  9. Windows live mail is not sending emails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows live mail is not sending emails: My windows live mail is not sending emails. This is the message I get An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Invoice' Server Error: 554 Server Response: 554 5.7.1 Message rejected due to possible malicious content Server: 'send.xtra.co.nz' Windows Live Mail Error ID:...
  10. Windows Mail Calendar is not sending emails

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail Calendar is not sending emails: Hi WLM calendar used to send an email to my default address as a reminder of events, according to how I I requested it. How do I get Windows Mail to do this, I have set up events with a reminder over several days and time frames, as I did with WLM but have not...