Windows 10: Problems setting up 3 PC LAN with Win 10 Pro

Discus and support Problems setting up 3 PC LAN with Win 10 Pro in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having difficulty setting up a 3 PC LAN. All 3 PC's are running with Win 10 Pro v1809. At this point, my newest PC: Can see itself,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MV_mag, Feb 4, 2019.

1. MV_mag Win User

Problems setting up 3 PC LAN with Win 10 Pro

Hello,

I'm having difficulty setting up a 3 PC LAN. All 3 PC's are running with Win 10 Pro v1809.

At this point, my newest PC:

Can see itself, and my old PC -- and can open shared files on it

It cannot see my PC, 'LAB'

My old PC:

Can see itself, my newest PC and LAB PC, however it cannot open any shared files -- it gives error code: 0x80070035

LAB PC:

Can see itself and my old PC -- and can open shared files on it

It cannot see my newest PC

I've set the Service App's to Automatic, and restarted them all:

Function Discover Provider Host

Function Discovery Resource Publication

SSDP Discovery

UPnP Device Host

This helped some of the PC's to be seen, but didn't seem to help with file sharing.

Please let me know if there are any other suggestions to try to get this up and running.

Thank you

:)

MV_mag, Feb 4, 2019
  2. James D Win User

ICS From WiFi to LAN on Win 10 pc

I'm trying to set up a small temporary 6 computer network using all Windows 10 Pro PCs running version 1803.

I am trying to share one computers WiFi connection to the other PCs over LAN using an 8 port smart switch.

I searched extensively and not found an answer, some say it's not supported anymore, some say it is but it's configuration etc.

I've tried bridging the WiFi and LAN adapters, enabling sharing on the WiFi card and enabling all the services. On this part I noticed that the services are listed with numbers 1700 - 17xx instead of the names as on win 7.

I've also gone to services.msc to check for the ICS service but it's not listed and I haven't found a way to install it.

I can config the PCs to use static IPs etc but I still haven't managed to get it to work!

Any suggestions that don't involve more hardware would be appreciated!

James D, Feb 4, 2019
  3. WalterW Win User
    Ethernet network between 3 Windows 10 PCs problem

I performed your suggestions on my desktop (Win 10 Pro) and my laptop (Win 10 home) and left them running for about 30 minutes and I can now get a connection between the 3 PCs, I will perform your suggestions on my other PC (Win 10 Pro) and leave them all running for 30 minutes and hopefully that will connect .
    I will report after I have done it.

WalterW, Feb 4, 2019
  4. rshafersr Win User

2 win 10 pro laptops cannot see win 10 home desktop on wireless LAN

Have set up wireless LAN at home with 1 xp laptop, 2 win 10 Pro laptops and 1 win 10 home desktop. xp laptop not visible to win 10 computers, win 10 home not visible to 2 laptop Pros. None of the win 10's are allowed to set up homegroup. Desktop is file server for LAN. Would like to know if there is a workaround what ever the problem is to connect all win 10's.

rshafersr, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Problems setting up 3 PC LAN with Win 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Problems setting LAN

2. Win 10 + Win 11 on LAN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 + Win 11 on LAN: Will I have a problem with a mix of Win 10 and Win 11 computers on my LAN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-win-11-on-lan/8b77d38a-7413-480f-bdb6-418f5e195fb2
  3. Win 10 + Win 11 on LAN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 + Win 11 on LAN: Will I have a problem with a mix of Win 10 and Win 11 computers on my LAN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-win-11-on-lan/8b77d38a-7413-480f-bdb6-418f5e195fb2
  4. 3 consistent problems with Windows 10 Pro.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    3 consistent problems with Windows 10 Pro.: Wi Fi connection keeps dropping. Windows explorer not working properly. On restart, the desktop background changes to black. Any feed back on any of the above from someone who has encountered and solved these issues would be appreciated,...
  5. Problems with new PC, Win 10 Pro

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problems with new PC, Win 10 Pro: New Dell Inspiron 3580 with Win 10 Pro. 2004, Build 19041.388 I have two disks that are marked (BitLocker Encrypted). The first is Disk 0 with only Win 10 (C:) (KBG40ZNS128G NVMe LIOXIA) The second is Disk 1 which is a 1TB inclosed HD. (Toshiba MQ04ABF100) I want to...
  6. Setting up remote desktop Win 10 Pro

Setting up remote desktop Win 10 Pro: When I try to access the remote computer, it is showing on my network screen but when I try to access it asks for user but not sure which it wants, but I used my Microsoft Account user, but it says the password is wrong?...
  7. Ransomware settings in win 10 pro

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ransomware settings in win 10 pro: Hi, I have a laptop that came with windows 7 pro which I upgraded to win 10 pro. At the moment it's version 1903. Currently when I try to enable ransomware protection a popup appears saying in essence that the 'system administrator has limited access to some areas of this...
  8. How To Set Up The Lan on Win10?

How To Set Up The Lan on Win10?: I have enabled network discovery but still my computers cannot see each other. We have a wifi connection to the bnb router. That confuses me in config screens, too, because they show that as the connection and ask private or public? Well I'm thinking of the Lan, not the...
  9. Setting up LAN

Setting up LAN: I will be receiving a new computer shortly with Win 10 already installed. Computer does not have DVD drive. If I have to set up an internet connection using LAN to router I would appreciate an how to please. Thanks 99313
  10. win 10 on Suface 3 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 on Suface 3 Pro: Can I install Win 10 on my new Surface Pro using CD & external DVD? 5534

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Setting of Windows for a LAN