Windows 10: Problems setting up new laptop with Windows 10

Discus and support Problems setting up new laptop with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Just bought a new laptop with Windows 10 and run through the setup procedure bearing in mind I'm a bit green. All went well except for one thing:When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Paul Copland, Jun 27, 2021.

1. Problems setting up new laptop with Windows 10

Just bought a new laptop with Windows 10 and run through the setup procedure bearing in mind I'm a bit green. All went well except for one thing:When it asked for a Microsoft account is wouldn't accept my email address saying I already had one news to me? so I created a new one with my wife's email address. Realised afterwards that it could have been referring to my Skype account? Just tried to login - updated my password and bingo I'm here asking my question:1. How do I go back into Windows10 never used it before and change the licence setup with my email address not my

:)

Paul Copland, Jun 27, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 27, 2021
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 27, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Problems setting up new laptop with Windows 10

Changing administrator for new windows 10 laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

To change the Account type follow the steps.

• Press Windows + X, click on User Accounts.

• Click on change your account type.

• Select standard account.

To delete the account follow the steps.

• Click on Manage other Account.

• Select the user account.

• Click on Delete the account.

To create the new user account follow the steps.

• Click on Manage other Account.

• Click on Add A new user in PC setting.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jun 27, 2021
Thema:

Problems setting up new laptop with Windows 10

1. Problems setting up new laptop with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Problems setting laptop

2. New laptop set up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New laptop set up: Hi I have just bought a laptop for my son, I am using my Microsoft account for 365 etc as am allowed 5 devices.The problem is all my information ie, one drive etc..So he can see bank details etc very private stuff. I don't want him seeing all this and want a empty laptop for...
  3. Setting up a new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up a new laptop: Hello,I'm setting up a new laptop for the first time and don't want to bring any of my other linked computer apps or documents to it. When I log into my Microsoft account or OneDrive account it automatically connects the two. Is there a way to set it up independently under...
  4. setting up new laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    setting up new laptop: hi. I have a windows 10 laptop that uses my Microsoft account and email. When my wife bought her laptop we set it up with my Microsoft account and added her email to it. Now we are buying her a new laptop with windows 11 and when we set it up, can she set it up with her own...
  5. setting up new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    setting up new laptop: hi. I have a windows 10 laptop that uses my Microsoft account and email. When my wife bought her laptop we set it up with my Microsoft account and added her email to it. Now we are buying her a new laptop with windows 11 and when we set it up, can she set it up with her own...
  6. setting up new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Set Up New Laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Set Up New Laptop: When setting up new laptop, windows account is not recognised, when windows account entered into create account 'you cannot log in with work account' message is received? Other colleagues at same company do not have this issue....
  8. setting up new laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    setting up new laptop: i am trying to set up a new laptop and do not know how to get my pop.windstream settings to get onto my outlook existing account that is on my desktop...
  9. new laptop set up

in Windows 10 Customization
    new laptop set up: this is a brand new laptop . I don't want this laptop to be affected by the insider program my other laptops are . do I need to give this laptop a new windows account?...
  10. Setting up new Laptop with Win 10 and having problems with PROGRAM

in Browsers and Email
    Setting up new Laptop with Win 10 and having problems with PROGRAM: DEFAULTS. I do not want to use MAIL, any Microsoft mail but use YAHOO. on a web page where they supply a link or email address, if you click, MAIL will open up. Found a page in Win 10 found CONTROL PANEL/PROGRAM DEFAULTS/PROGRAM ASSOCIATIONS BUT THE DEFAULT BOXES WILL NOT...