Windows 10: Problems setting up replacement laptop

Discus and support Problems setting up replacement laptop in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have been trying to set up my new upgraded HP laptop and all went well until it asked for my email address. I entered my main Hotmail account but it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MagRod, Aug 13, 2019.

1. MagRod Win User

Problems setting up replacement laptop

I have been trying to set up my new upgraded HP laptop and all went well until it asked for my email address. I entered my main Hotmail account but it wouldn't let me use it! So I used my secondary Gmail account which I only use for Ebay. Firstly I had a problem with my password but eventually got it right. Then it wanted me to give details of the last 4 emails I sent from my gmail account. This was a bit of a problem as they were all ones I forwarded to my Hotmail account. So I gave as much detail as I could to verify the emails eg who from and subject matter but I received an email on my Hotmail account saying they couldn't verify it and asked me to fill out the same form again. I have done this but as there was little extra I could say about the emails I think they will fail to verify it again.

Am I doing something wrong as I didn't have any problems when I upgraded to my existing laptop.

I would be very grateful if someone could help.

* Moved from msn

:)

MagRod, Aug 13, 2019

2. Laptop problem: Black vertical "sidebar" [Update]

I will try that... do you think I have complete access to replace the monitor cable without dismantling the laptop from step 1? *Eek! Problems setting up replacement laptop :eek:
    Tbh it's a bit scary.

Black Panther, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 13, 2019
  4. n-ster Win User

n-ster, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Problems setting up replacement laptop - Similar Threads - Problems setting replacement

2. Laptop Start Up Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop Start Up Problem: Every time I start my Dell laptop, I get this error message. I have tried to find the source of the problem but I do not know how to fix it. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! [IMG]...
  3. Laptop won't set up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop won't set up: I reset my laptop by clearing all my files, now if I go back to Start it won't. It shows [IMG]going on like this and after five minutes my laptop is restarting again and same message shows again...
  4. Set-up software on new laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Set-up software on new laptop: I'm part-way through a set-up on my new laptop. My screen shows "Let's create your account - Enter your email - Next". Pressing 'Next' shows "Let's create your account - Enter your email - Next". Pressing 'Next' shows "An email address is required - New email @outlook.com"....
  5. Setting up New User "Settings" problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Setting up New User "Settings" problem: I am trying to set up an account for my wife on my laptop in Windows 10. I go to "Control Panel\User Accounts\User Accounts\Manage Accounts" I click on "Add a new user in PC settings" This opens a window "Settings" Under "Home", I am supposed to "Find a setting" That's...
  6. setting up new laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    setting up new laptop: i am trying to set up a new laptop and do not know how to get my pop.windstream settings to get onto my outlook existing account that is on my desktop...
  7. new laptop set up

in Windows 10 Customization
    new laptop set up: this is a brand new laptop . I don't want this laptop to be affected by the insider program my other laptops are . do I need to give this laptop a new windows account?...
  8. Outlook set up on new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook set up on new laptop: Hello We have an old laptop with outlook 2007 on it. Now have purchased a new lappy and downloaded Office 365 outlook...but when I try to set it up it keeps asking for server / password but never seems to connect...just hangs there Any ideas for me to try please...
  9. Setting up new Laptop with Win 10 and having problems with PROGRAM

in Browsers and Email
    Setting up new Laptop with Win 10 and having problems with PROGRAM: DEFAULTS. I do not want to use MAIL, any Microsoft mail but use YAHOO. on a web page where they supply a link or email address, if you click, MAIL will open up. Found a page in Win 10 found CONTROL PANEL/PROGRAM DEFAULTS/PROGRAM ASSOCIATIONS BUT THE DEFAULT BOXES WILL NOT...
  10. Problem setting up Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem setting up Cortana: Hey, So I thought I'd give Cortana a try since I can turn it off again if I don't want it, however I get to the point where it makes me login, I enter my email address and password and then it takes me to the next step where it tells me something like you need to enter your...