Windows 10: Problems setting up replacement laptop

Discus and support Problems setting up replacement laptop in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have been trying to set up my new upgraded HP laptop and all went well until it asked for my email address. I entered my main Hotmail account but it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MagRod, Aug 13, 2019.

1. MagRod Win User

Problems setting up replacement laptop

I have been trying to set up my new upgraded HP laptop and all went well until it asked for my email address. I entered my main Hotmail account but it wouldn't let me use it! So I used my secondary Gmail account which I only use for Ebay. Firstly I had a problem with my password but eventually got it right. Then it wanted me to give details of the last 4 emails I sent from my gmail account. This was a bit of a problem as they were all ones I forwarded to my Hotmail account. So I gave as much detail as I could to verify the emails eg who from and subject matter but I received an email on my Hotmail account saying they couldn't verify it and asked me to fill out the same form again. I have done this but as there was little extra I could say about the emails I think they will fail to verify it again.

Am I doing something wrong as I didn't have any problems when I upgraded to my existing laptop.

I would be very grateful if someone could help.

* Moved from msn

:)

MagRod, Aug 13, 2019

2. Laptop problem: Black vertical "sidebar" [Update]

I will try that... do you think I have complete access to replace the monitor cable without dismantling the laptop from step 1? *Eek! Problems setting up replacement laptop :eek:
    Tbh it's a bit scary.

Black Panther, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 13, 2019
  4. n-ster Win User

n-ster, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Problems setting up replacement laptop - Similar Threads - Problems setting replacement

2. Laptop set up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop set up: I just bought a laptop and I am trying to set it up.I started the set up and everything went fine until I connected to wifi. I am now stuck at the "Checking connection to Microsoft. This may take some time" and then when it goes off it goes back to the “let’s connect you to a...
  3. Laptop set up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop set up: I just bought a laptop and I am trying to set it up.I started the set up and everything went fine until I connected to wifi. I am now stuck at the "Checking connection to Microsoft. This may take some time" and then when it goes off it goes back to the “let’s connect you to a...
  4. Laptop set up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Problems setting up new laptop with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problems setting up new laptop with Windows 10: Just bought a new laptop with Windows 10 and run through the setup procedure bearing in mind I'm a bit green. All went well except for one thing:When it asked for a Microsoft account is wouldn't accept my email address saying I already had one news to me? so I created a new...
  6. Problem setting up an analog mic in a laptop.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem setting up an analog mic in a laptop.: Hi! I need a solution to this problem that has had me in pain for the last few hours. I recently bought an analog microphone to use with my laptop for better audio quality on the constant web meetings I have in the daily. The mic arrived and when I plugged it in to my...
  7. Setting up mail problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting up mail problems: How do I transfer my non mainstream email server and received emails from another computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-mail-problems/d0dd7ed3-0be9-42a2-891a-ae79ef33ede8
  8. Setting up laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Setting up laptop: In error i used my Microsoft account details when setting up my husband’s new laptop - so it now thinks it’s mine - with my name as the administrator and account holder. How do I change that to his name as administrator - I don’t think he’s got a Microsoft account as his old...
  9. Setting up replacement Surface Studio 2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Setting up replacement Surface Studio 2: My new Surface Studio 2 was damaged during an electrical storm. What was weird was that the touchscreen, usb ports and Bluetooth all stopped functioning. But the display worked and Windows would start. I just had no way of inputting anything. MS agreed to replace the...
  10. Problem setting up Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem setting up Cortana: Hey, So I thought I'd give Cortana a try since I can turn it off again if I don't want it, however I get to the point where it makes me login, I enter my email address and password and then it takes me to the next step where it tells me something like you need to enter your...