Windows 10: Problems setting white wallpaper with black text and changng colour of taskbar etc when...

Discus and support Problems setting white wallpaper with black text and changng colour of taskbar etc when... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I use Dolphin Supernova Magnification Software V18.05 at work for my visual impairment. My organisation has recently upgraded to Windows 10 on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KAUSSHA, Jan 14, 2020.

1. KAUSSHA Win User

Problems setting white wallpaper with black text and changng colour of taskbar etc when...

Hi,

I use Dolphin Supernova Magnification Software V18.05 at work for my visual impairment.

My organisation has recently upgraded to Windows 10 on a 64 bit Laptop with office 365 32 bit software. Unfortunately since the upgrade I am no longer able to change the wallpaper to a block white colour with black text so that I can use my dark colour scheme without adding to my visual problems.

IT have set a blank white wallpaper which should have black text for the shortcuts but unfortunately the text is also white. Also the taskbar colour when Dolphin is switched on changes to white when it should also be dark and in addition to this at the logon screen I now have a blank white background which causes more visual disturbance as it is too bright and my IT do not know if this can be changed.

I have asked for the Group Policy to allow me full access to the "personalization" menu which is currently restricted and I do not have access so that I can try and see if I can find a work around. I have tested at home on my Windows 10 Laptop by changing the "background" colour to block white and also by changing the "theme" to "windows" but what this has done is given me a white wallpaper with a 3D text which is now causing even more visual problems.

Please can you advise how my organisation can resolve this as currently the only way seems to be if I switch on "high Contrast" but I cannot work with High Contrast as this causes more visual disturbances as it means I have two colour schemes working against each other the first in Windows 10 and the second being my custom colour scheme in Dolphin Supernova. Also I had no issues when IT just created a solid white colour wallpaper in Windows 7 as this allowed me to use my dark colour scheme and I could see the text on the "desktop icons" clearly without a 3d type shadow.

I have raised this with Dolphin Supernova Support Team and they have advised to contact Microsoft as this is a Windows 10 issue.

Please can you advise how this issue can be resolved?

Many Thanks

Shaheen

*Moved from Windows 10 Insider forum

:)

KAUSSHA, Jan 14, 2020

2. Text compose box colour customisation

I am visually impaired and find it easier to use a black background with white text as on the WP7 menus. Is it possible to set the text compose box to be white on black? On the Youtube videos I've watched the text compose box is light coloured with black
    text.

RogerHalhead, Jan 14, 2020
  3. personalisation of colours windows 10 - colour doesn't show true because overlaid on black

Windows 10 - not sure what version but upgraded from windows 8.1 on 19th July 2016 and everything is up to date.

Microsoft surface pro 3

When I personalise colours by choosing an accent colour and ask for the colour to show on start, taskbar, action centre and title bar the colour I want does not show true but is very muted. This seems to be because it is overlaid on an underlying 'dark'
    theme where windows shows white text on black background. If I don't show the colour on start, taskbar etc these elements stay black with white text. Making the start, task bar etc transparent doesn't solve the problem.

Please does anyone know how to remove the dark theme (if that's what it is) so that personalised colours show correctly (as they did in windows 8.1)?

microsoftdisplayname, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Problems setting white wallpaper with black text and changng colour of taskbar etc when...

Black title bars and white text

Great, thanks for the post. And crap .... I forgot & noticed that the text goes black when you have (combine when taskbar is full) option at the bottom for applications ....... argh !!!!! That's right. It does go dark as well.

Maybe try grabbing that black & white theme from deviant art, and install his theme .... maybe it will fix that taskbar problem for you and make the text white, but you will be left with his black text? That's an option you can try as well.

I am very disappointed at Microsoft for the lack of customization on W10 .... but they have brought back some features in TP 10525, hopefully they will add more.

heyyahblah, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Problems setting white wallpaper with black text and changng colour of taskbar etc when...

1. Problems setting white wallpaper with black text and changng colour of taskbar etc when... - Similar Threads - Problems setting white

2. No colours, lines, boxes, everything is black and white.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No colours, lines, boxes, everything is black and white.: I have just installed Windows 11 and now I have a very strange lay out and things are missing like lines, cases, colours, for example I can't tick boxes because boxes don't show up, I can't play wordle because the colours don't show, so no yellow or green, everything stays...
  3. No colours, lines, boxes, everything is black and white.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No colours, lines, boxes, everything is black and white.: I have just installed Windows 11 and now I have a very strange lay out and things are missing like lines, cases, colours, for example I can't tick boxes because boxes don't show up, I can't play wordle because the colours don't show, so no yellow or green, everything stays...
  4. Automatically change taskbar font colour based on wallpaper?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatically change taskbar font colour based on wallpaper?: I'm using TranslucentTB for a clear taskbar and my wallpaper changes automatically every 24 hours or so. Is there any way to automatically change the font colour in the taskbar to black when I have a wallpaper that's dominantly white and white for dark wallpapers? submitted...
  5. Printer prints black text as white text

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer prints black text as white text: When printing from laptop via wifi my printer now prints black text as white and makes rest of the page black. When printing to same printer from another PC there is no problem. How do I fix this....
  6. black background and white text

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    black background and white text: brand new HP laptop trying to print on a Brother printer that works from my PC. why is it printing a black background and white text from whatever application I print from?...
  7. background colour changed from white to black

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    background colour changed from white to black: The background colour of my screen changed to black in email and many other places. I did nothing to change it- it just happened. I hate it. How do I get it back to normal?...
  8. Display is black with coloured and white writing only

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display is black with coloured and white writing only: Can someone please assist me I am an older person who pushed the wrong icon in settings and cannot get my laptop back to anything but black background Your assistance would be greatly appreciated...
  9. Black and white menus/taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black and white menus/taskbar: When I log in to my user, my taskbar and start menus have turned black and white; almost like safe mode, but safe mode isn't on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_taskbar/black-and-white-menustaskbar/480b659c-9dd0-43a1-8e64-57b61423b216
  10. plain black desktop solid colour wallpaper

in Windows 10 Customization
    plain black desktop solid colour wallpaper: Hi all. I can't seem to find how to have a straight black desktop background. The closest is a medium grey. I just want a straight black if possible... Can you please point me in the right direction? Thanks 6638