Windows 10: Problems Sharing Computers through Windows

Discus and support Problems Sharing Computers through Windows in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Can someone reply with all of the settings needed to Share PCs ? Both have windows 10 and I have tried every solution that I can find. One is a laptop,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LynnWillis2, Apr 4, 2021.

1. Problems Sharing Computers through Windows

Can someone reply with all of the settings needed to Share PCs ? Both have windows 10 and I have tried every solution that I can find. One is a laptop, the other is a desktop.

Thanks.

:)

LynnWillis2, Apr 4, 2021
  2. farlex85 Win User

Sharing Problems

Thanks for the suggestion, that menu is new to me, but no they're both checked. The problem isn't just the printing, I can't access PC1 at all. I should at least be able to get into shared files or devices but I just always get that error.

Windows Firewall and avast on both. I've disabled both on both computers temporarily to no avail. The problem seemingly lies elsewhere.

farlex85, Apr 4, 2021
  3. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Apr 4, 2021
  4. Problems Sharing Computers through Windows

How to stop sharing folder for windows 10?

Referring to following link, I would like to know on how to stop sharing folder for windows 10.

I cannot find Stop Sharing option on step 5.

Use these steps to stop sharing any folder on Windows 10:

1. Open Start.
    2. Search for Computer Management and click the top result to open the experience.
    3. Expand the Shared Folders branch from the left pane.
    4. Click the Shares item.
    5. Right-click the folder that you no longer want to share and the Stop Sharing option.
    Furthermore, ADMIN$ is found to be Remote Admin under computer management.

There is no option to stop it as well.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to stop sharing and remote?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

How to stop sharing network folder on Windows 10 • Pureinfotech

PublicMicro, Apr 4, 2021
Thema:

Problems Sharing Computers through Windows

1. Problems Sharing Computers through Windows - Similar Threads - Problems Sharing Computers

2. Unable To Access Files From An Another Computer Through Network Sharing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable To Access Files From An Another Computer Through Network Sharing: I Have Two Laptops One Running On Zorins Os 16 Core Which Is Based On Ubuntu 20.04 LTS And Other Running On Windows 10.I Want Access Some Files From My Zorin Os Laptop Through Network Sharing I Have Shared Folder From Zorin Os I'm Able To See What Files I Have Shared Over...
  3. Unable To Access Files From An Another Computer Through Network Sharing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable To Access Files From An Another Computer Through Network Sharing: I Have Two Laptops One Running On Zorins Os 16 Core Which Is Based On Ubuntu 20.04 LTS And Other Running On Windows 10.I Want Access Some Files From My Zorin Os Laptop Through Network Sharing I Have Shared Folder From Zorin Os I'm Able To See What Files I Have Shared Over...
  4. Unable To Access Files From An Another Computer Through Network Sharing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. folder sharing through vpn

folder sharing through vpn: I'm always connecting to a specific VPN. Will the folders I have shared be shared automatically with other users connected to that VPN?I'm worried about personal folders that I have already shared to access them with my other devices through Wi-Fi....
  6. File sharing through network

File sharing through network: For years I have been able to access my desktop from my laptop and vice versa. Now it only partially happens. I know that there have been Windows updates/changes, etc., but I can't see how that affects my situation. So far as I know I have taken all steps to share files....
  7. I want to share WiFi to my phone through my computer

I want to share WiFi to my phone through my computer: At present, my computer version is Windows 10Pro 1909, I do not want to go through the router, the computer did not use the wireless network card, I would like to ask the computer has its own share WiFi function??Or is there a way to share? I have enabled the hotspot, and...
  8. File Sharing Through the Network

File Sharing Through the Network: I've got two computers on my network. One of them has files that the other needs to access. The computer that hosts the files is a Windows 10 machine. The other one recently upgraded from Windows 7 to 10. Ever since that upgrade the computer that is trying to access the...
  9. Sharing problem with one computer

Sharing problem with one computer: Hi, This problem is driving me crazy. We have 3 computers on our home network, a Lenovo laptop, a Surface Pro, and a Samsung All-in-One PC. All are running Windows 10. Both the Surface and Samsung can access all the shared files on all three computers. The Lenovo can access...
  10. Problem with Windows shares

Problem with Windows shares: I have three computers at home, with shares mounted as shown here. [img] In general, I can use any computer and can "see" the drives of the other computers. For example, from computer #1 I can: -- Use DOS cmd, and type Y: to get to C: on computer #3 -- Use Cygwin bash,...