Windows 10: Problems sharing internet with hotspot

Discus and support Problems sharing internet with hotspot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've created hosted network with this command NETSH WLAN set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=Your_SSID key=Your_Passphrase then activated it like this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by horkyze, Sep 28, 2016.

1. horkyze Win User

Problems sharing internet with hotspot

I've created hosted network with this command
    NETSH WLAN set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=Your_SSID key=Your_Passphrase
    then activated it like this
    netsh wlan start hostednetwork

Now i am supposed to share Ethernet internet with this hotspot interface, but there is no drop-down menu in sharing option. There is just text field which can't be edited (or drop-down with one item, but no arrow) and it says Wi-Fi (thats the name of my wireless adapter). But I don't want to share internet with Wifi adapter, I need hotspot adapter.

Any idea how to make the hotspot adapter show-up in the drop-down so I can select it?

:)

horkyze, Sep 28, 2016

2. Hotspot Creation

First of all thanks for your assistance but, the steps you provided are for my pc. I have no problem with my pc and modem connection. My pc easily connects to internet and i can use it with no problems, the problem is the inbuilt mobile hotspot you all have
    provided in the new anniversary update. It does not work particulary on my pc. It creates the hotspot but does not share the internet. But on other i mean my friends pc's it creates hotspot and share internet also easily with no problems. In my case it creates
    the hotspot but it does not share the internet to my mobile.

THE problem is this and will be thankful if u assist me once again.

And check my problem again by reading what i have wrote first and now please.

Thank you !

ShiningCsk'r, Sep 28, 2016
  3. Bluten11 Win User
    Mobile Hotspot Not Sharing Internet

Ok, the problem isnt that i cant get connected. Internet works fine.

The problem is that when I share the internet using the inbuilt mobile hotspot feature all devices connected to the hotspot do NOT get internet even though the internet on the computer works fine.

Bluten11, Sep 28, 2016
Thema:

Problems sharing internet with hotspot

1. Problems sharing internet with hotspot - Similar Threads - Problems sharing internet

2. sharing internet through hotspot, no internet access on other devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sharing internet through hotspot, no internet access on other devices: I am connected to internet on my laptop through USB tethering, now when I turned on my laptop's hotsopt and if someone connects to it, it shows no internet access help me fix that....
  3. sharing internet through hotspot, no internet access on other devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sharing internet through hotspot, no internet access on other devices: I am connected to internet on my laptop through USB tethering, now when I turned on my laptop's hotsopt and if someone connects to it, it shows no internet access help me fix that....
  4. Internet Connection Problem on Main PC when sharing internet via mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Connection Problem on Main PC when sharing internet via mobile hotspot: Hi Everyone,I encountered problem when I use my desktop to share internet connection via mobile hotspot. The office laptop connected to the mobile hotspot can access internet no problem i.e. browsing, outlook, whatsapp desktop. But the desktop won't able to use the internet...
  5. Internet Connection Problem on Main PC when sharing internet via mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Connection Problem on Main PC when sharing internet via mobile hotspot: Hi Everyone,I encountered problem when I use my desktop to share internet connection via mobile hotspot. The office laptop connected to the mobile hotspot can access internet no problem i.e. browsing, outlook, whatsapp desktop. But the desktop won't able to use the internet...
  6. Internet Connection Problem on Main PC when sharing internet via mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Hotspot internet sharing

Hotspot internet sharing: I have my PC connected to internet via ethernet cable and I want to share internet via wifi adapter to my laptop. The thing is if I do this with the hotspot my laptop ends up on a different subnet. Is there a way to share wifi and keep my laptop and PC on the same network?...
  8. how to share my internet by hotspot

how to share my internet by hotspot: how to share my internet by hotspot as their is no mobile hotspot on/off setting on my windows 10 after installing kaspersky anti virus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-share-my-internet-by-hotspot/885af132-552d-44a6-a69f-30a9b07c15a6
  9. Mobile hotspot in Windows 10, but internet not shared

Mobile hotspot in Windows 10, but internet not shared: Dear, Please have a look at the highlighted text, it shows "Hosted network support" is not supported. Can u please guide me? Do I need to update any hardware or software for this to get supported? Thanks Saneejali [ATTACH]...
  10. Internet sharing problem.

Internet sharing problem.: Can not share internet through ethernet connection. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-sharing-problem/580174e6-1138-49a1-8c28-14822e0ff1eb

Users found this page by searching for:

1. problems with sharing internet info