Windows 10: Problems signing in as Administrator

Discus and support Problems signing in as Administrator in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi When I try to sign in as administrator under Windows Setting - Accounts I recieve an error when I get to this stage 'Sign in to this computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JamesO'Sullivan3, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Problems signing in as Administrator

Hi

When I try to sign in as administrator under Windows Setting - Accounts I recieve an error when I get to this stage 'Sign in to this computer using your Microsoft Account' when I put in my Microsoft Account password, I recieve an error message 'The password you have entered for this device is incorrect. Please try again'.

I've tried restarting in safe mode and sign in there first this didn't work. The option to sign in didn't appear in safe mode.

I've set up a Local Administrator made it Admin but the problem persists.

I have an image of the hardrive and could reload and start again but i don't know if this will work

:)

JamesO'Sullivan3, Oct 30, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

Administrator level User

Use Option Five again, but this time boot from a Windows 10 install usb or recovery drive. You only get asked to select an administrator account if you boot from the system's own Advanced Startup.

3. jimbobs Win User
    Administrator level User

Got the laptop. It's a Lenovo G500 so possibly has Lenovo stuff in the way? Anyway, booted it normally and it opens into a regular account without admin privileges. Rebooted it into Recovery mode (per Option 5) and get Lenovo logo and Preparing Automatic Repair message; then Select Account + "You need to sign in as an administrator to continue but there aren't any administrator accounts on this PC". There is an option "Forgot your password or don't see your account?" but selecting that brings up a screen which should list admin accounts but there aren't any. Pressing the only option on that page Restart leads eventually to a BSOD with Stop code: 0xc00002e3 (which I know is misconfigured o/s or missing or damaged system files).

Can anybody suggest next steps in resolving this?

jimbobs, Oct 30, 2020
  4. Problems signing in as Administrator

administrator can't sign in

I appreciate your response. There is a possibility that your user account is not an administrator and that is the reason why the device is having an issue with receiving a remote control assistance. Since you are also having an issue with accessing the administrator
    account of your wife, I suggest enabling the built-in administrator on your Windows 10. Using the built-in administrator account, you'll be able to make your user account as an administrator.

To enable the built-in administrator account, follow these steps:

• On Search type CMD to open the Command Prompt. Right click on CMD then choose Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Yes.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type net user administrator /active:yes then hit the Enter key.
    • You should see a message that the command completed successfully. Log out, and you’ll now see the Administrator account as a choice on the login screen.

Once you sign into the PC using the built-in administrator, follow these steps to make your user profiles as an administrator:

• Open the Settings app.
    • Choose Accounts and then click on Other people.
    • Click on your user account and then click on Change account type button.
    • Change the account type to Administrator and then click OK.

Note: The built-in administrator account has more privileges than a regular administrator account. Privileges that can easily generate a conflict on your system. We only recommend enabling the built-in administrator account for troubleshooting purposes and
    you have to disable it once you are done.

To disable the built-in administrator account, access the Command Prompt with administrator privileges. Type the command net user administrator /active:no then hit the Enter key. The built-in administrator account will now be disabled, and
    shouldn’t show up on the login screen.

Let me know if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

Problems signing in as Administrator

1. Problems signing in as Administrator - Similar Threads - Problems signing Administrator

2. Built in administrator sign in problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built in administrator sign in problem: Hello there,I bought an HP laptop a few days ago. and enable the built-in administrator account and secure it with a password, example: XXXXxxxx@. change other Admin local account to standard account. Once logged in the built in admin account, after logging out, the admin...
  3. Built in administrator sign in problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Built in administrator sign in problem: Hello there,I bought an HP laptop a few days ago. and enable the built-in administrator account and secure it with a password, example: XXXXxxxx@. change other Admin local account to standard account. Once logged in the built in admin account, after logging out, the admin...
  4. administrator sign in problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    administrator sign in problem: Hello there,I bought an HP laptop a few days ago. and enable the built-in administrator account and secure it with a password, example: XXXXxxxx@. change other Admin local account to standard account. Once logged in the built in admin account, after logging out, the admin...
  5. administrator sign in problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    administrator sign in problem: Hello there,I bought an HP laptop a few days ago. and enable the built-in administrator account and secure it with a password, example: XXXXxxxx@. change other Admin local account to standard account. Once logged in the built in admin account, after logging out, the admin...
  6. Sign in as Administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sign in as Administrator: What are the steps to sign in as the administrator, my account setting reads I am the administrator but I don't know where to go from there; I have Windows 10. Thanks for your help Joy...
  7. Sign on as administrator

Sign on as administrator: I own this computer...Ive paid for Windows 10 and therefore I AM the Administrator !!!!!!! How do I change the program Windows 10 so that every time I sign on ..I sign on as the Administrator ??? You people just make it so hard 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111...
  8. sign in as administrator

sign in as administrator: How to sign in as administrator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-as-administrator/2725f8fc-659b-445e-961b-3bd0e96625e6
  9. Sign in as an administrator?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sign in as an administrator?: How do I sign in as an administrator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-as-an-administrator/ef493224-fa25-4e39-b99d-dca195f0c9e3"
  10. Signing in as administrator

Signing in as administrator: I am the owner, and have been the only user of this computer for several years, now. I was on FB games. Overnight, I was knocked off the site. Now, I'm getting a window that says I have to log in as an administrator??? I have also had Windows 10 installed, from the beginning....