Windows 10: problems since last update

Discus and support problems since last update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; just wondering, if others are having problems with the latest update , since i have done so, my PC crashes, it says cant automatically fix, i have go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by malcolm.g, Jun 21, 2021.

1. malcolm.g Win User

problems since last update

just wondering, if others are having problems with the latest update , since i have done so, my PC crashes, it says cant automatically fix, i have go do a restore, then it works again.

:)

malcolm.g, Jun 21, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jun 21, 2021
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond problems since last update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 21, 2021
  4. Nate W.H. Win User

Update problems

Hi TiffanyBowers,

Thank you for posting to the Microsoft Community. I understand your Lumia 610 keeps getting stuck on step 6 of the update that you're trying to install. I can provide you a few steps to try in an effort to resolve the update issue.

There are a couple of different steps on a support page located at
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2484484
    that we'll want to try. I would suggest the steps for stuck in download mode, stuck at OEM splash screen, and error not listed on this page.

Before performing the suggested reset under the steps for error not listed, I would first suggest trying a soft reset. If you're able to remove the battery, leaving it out of the phone for a few minutes will soft reset the phone. Another option for performing
    a soft reset would be to hold the power and volume down buttons until the phone has restarted completely.

Please let us know if any of these suggestions are helpful to your update issue.

Regards,

Nate W.H., Jun 21, 2021
Thema:

1. problems since last update - Similar Threads - problems since last

2. problems since last update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problems since last update: Since the latest update, my computer now takes 3-5 minutes to start/restart and most of that time is in a black screen. also of note and the most frustrating thing is I NO LONGER have my taskbar, so to shut my computer off, I have to do CTL/ALT/DLT, as even pressing the...
  3. problems since last update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problems since last update: Since the latest update, my computer now takes 3-5 minutes to start/restart and most of that time is in a black screen. also of note and the most frustrating thing is I NO LONGER have my taskbar, so to shut my computer off, I have to do CTL/ALT/DLT, as even pressing the...
  4. Win 10 login problem since last update.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win 10 login problem since last update.: Instead of getting the small window that allows me to enter my password number to login I now get a message saying there is a problem and the window is not available. There is also the option to reset the password, so last night I clicked on it, but then a warning came up...
  5. Problems since last couple of updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems since last couple of updates: Some time after the last Windows update (maybe 2) I have a few issues. 1. I no longer can get icons in my pictures folder only the Microsoft Photo icon. I have tried all the suggested fixes, but nothing works. 2. My earplug jack isn't working properly. I plug in my earbud...
  6. printing problem since last update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printing problem since last update: Everything I try to print goes into 'Print to File' mode, even though I made sure that box wasn't ticked in each program I tried to print from. I followed instructions on videos but no luck. So much wasted time!...
  7. Since last update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Since last update: I dont know if anyone else has noticed that Win10 hasnt run very well for quite some time, unstable, crappy graphics windows popping open for no reason ....anyway II was going through a migraine worth of varying **** and then with the latest update I had enough of the ****...
  8. Since last Update ............................

in Browsers and Email
    Since last Update ............................: MY browsing has gone haywire! I am accessing sites which are not opening properly, windows is asking 'do you want to pen this like this, or something (my wifes account) - opened an online newspaper and it has sections that seem to be continuously opening (loading circles)....
  9. Problems With Mouse Since Last Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problems With Mouse Since Last Update: Since the update last Tueday I'm been having problems with my mouse. I thought it was my mouse, and I went out today and bought another mouse, but I'm still have problems controlling my cursor. Sometimes I need to keep clicking on the Delete icon to delete an e-mail or I need...
  10. Since last update

in Windows 10 Support
    Since last update: Since this little update on 2nd Dec Bing now has sound on home page and headline photo appear across the bottom. When you click on the photo it takes you to the subject to read. So well done Microsoft. Has anyone else found or seen it 32538