Windows 10: Problems starting a PC

Discus and support Problems starting a PC in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi i had some issues with installing AV programs etc. So decided to install a Macrium reflect image. This worked perfectly. But then the Norton pop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by reddwarf4ever, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Problems starting a PC

Hi

i had some issues with installing AV programs etc. So decided to install a Macrium reflect image. This worked perfectly. But then the Norton pop ups started again, so decided to uninstall Firefox....but didn’t realise saving the bookmarks, didn’t save the toolbar....rather than try to remember what I had, I thought I would restore the MR image again and make a note of my toolbar links....Unfortunately after the restore, I was greeted with the “your pc needs to be repaired ” message, tried repair and SFC and nothing helped....tried restoring an older image, but had the same problem.
    so to test the 230GB SSD boot drive, I installed a fresh windows 10 PRO, worked perfectly. Using a USB boot partition manager program, I formatted the C drive 230GB and the 500MB reserved partition. Then did another MR image restore, same issue as before.
    i feel certain the SSD is ok, as W10 installed perfectly, the I get MR to verify the image before restoring it and it worked the first time I restored it.

i need some advice please

Problems starting a PC [​IMG]

:)

reddwarf4ever, Feb 20, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Feb 20, 2020
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Feb 20, 2020
  4. Problems starting a PC

PC goes into black screen and froze

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's not a software related issue which is why I was suggesting that you remove the video card to start with since it's such an easy process of elimination step.

I'm not familiar with AMD CPUs, I did see that you had listed in your system specs but I had no idea whether or not it has an iGPU

Is there any possibility of you being able to get your hands on any compatible video card at all?it would be the easiest step to try to troubleshoot or at least one of the easier ones. You should be able to get into the bios without anything but A display cable hooked up to the motherboard

jboydgolfer, Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

Problems starting a PC

1. Problems starting a PC - Similar Threads - Problems starting

2. Facing There was a problem starting ipcsivst_295.dll specified module could not be found...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facing There was a problem starting ipcsivst_295.dll specified module could not be found...: Ipcsivst_295.dll error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facing-there-was-a-problem-starting-ipcsivst295dll/fcd1e7c0-a7ee-4eb6-897e-25e958f3ce7a
  3. Facing There was a problem starting ipcsivst_295.dll specified module could not be found...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facing There was a problem starting ipcsivst_295.dll specified module could not be found...: Ipcsivst_295.dll error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facing-there-was-a-problem-starting-ipcsivst295dll/fcd1e7c0-a7ee-4eb6-897e-25e958f3ce7a
  4. there was a problem starting dll the specified module cannot be found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    there was a problem starting dll the specified module cannot be found: there was a problem starting dll the specified module cannot be found https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-was-a-problem-starting-dll-the-specified/a738667a-5551-48e0-87bb-13164a3a8f36
  5. there was a problem starting dll the specified module cannot be found

there was a problem starting dll the specified module cannot be found: there was a problem starting dll the specified module cannot be found https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-was-a-problem-starting-dll-the-specified/a738667a-5551-48e0-87bb-13164a3a8f36
  6. there was a problem starting dll the specified module cannot be found

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. computer start up problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer start up problem: When i first try to start my computer al i get is a series of beeps followed by intermittent beeping, The monitor shows searching for a signal but none found.the only way for me to shut everything sown is to crash stop The next attempt everything starts normal....
  8. computer start up problem

computer start up problem: When i first try to start my computer al i get is a series of beeps followed by intermittent beeping, The monitor shows searching for a signal but none found.the only way for me to shut everything sown is to crash stop The next attempt everything starts normal....
  9. PC won't start up, bsod and NTFS.sys problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC won't start up, bsod and NTFS.sys problem: Bsod and NTFS.sys problem. My PC won't get past this point no matter what I do. I have tried Windows recovery, just about starts then crashes. I even tried a fresh install and whilst it gets to showing four blue squares it then thinks for a while and then crashes to bsod and...
  10. PC won't start up, bsod and NTFS.sys problem

PC won't start up, bsod and NTFS.sys problem: Bsod and NTFS.sys problem. My PC won't get past this point no matter what I do. I have tried Windows recovery, just about starts then crashes. I even tried a fresh install and whilst it gets to showing four blue squares it then thinks for a while and then crashes to bsod and...