Windows 10: Problems starting computer after updating

Discus and support Problems starting computer after updating in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm not exactly sure what topic this goes under but I updated my computer last night and now when I turn on my computer, I get a black screen with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JohnShepard2, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Problems starting computer after updating

I'm not exactly sure what topic this goes under but I updated my computer last night and now when I turn on my computer, I get a black screen with a pop-up box saying that Windows could not complete the installation. The pop-up box also says that if I want to install Windows on my computer, I need to restart the installation. No matter how many times I do restart my computer I still get that screen with the same pop-up box.

:)

JohnShepard2, Nov 23, 2019
  2. Aquinus Win User

Does this computer build have compatibility problems? Opinions welcomed!

Lets start with what you're going to use this computer for, not what you want to put in it.

Rules/steps to building a computer (in chronological order):
    First rule: Determine what your needs are.
    Second rule: Define your budget.
    Third rule: Pick parts.
    Fourth rule: Review parts several times.
    Fifth rule: Buy said parts.
    Sixth rule: Build it.

You are on rule/step 1. Go through the list until you're done.

Aquinus, Nov 23, 2019
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Nov 23, 2019
  4. jbunch07 Win User

Problems starting computer after updating

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Problems starting computer after updating :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Nov 23, 2019
Thema:

Problems starting computer after updating

1. Problems starting computer after updating - Similar Threads - Problems starting computer

2. computer start up problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer start up problem: When i first try to start my computer al i get is a series of beeps followed by intermittent beeping, The monitor shows searching for a signal but none found.the only way for me to shut everything sown is to crash stop The next attempt everything starts normal....
  3. computer start up problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer start up problem: When i first try to start my computer al i get is a series of beeps followed by intermittent beeping, The monitor shows searching for a signal but none found.the only way for me to shut everything sown is to crash stop The next attempt everything starts normal....
  4. Problem with starting a computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Problem with starting a computer: Good morning, I have a problem with my computer, it won't start if I have a keyboard/mouse/external drive connected even when one of these things is attached it still won't start. Only when I unplug all these things does the computer boot up, and after booting up I can plug...
  5. Problem with starting a computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with starting a computer: Good morning, I have a problem with my computer, it won't start if I have a keyboard/mouse/external drive connected even when one of these things is attached it still won't start. Only when I unplug all these things does the computer boot up, and after booting up I can plug...
  6. Problem with starting a computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Computer Won't Start After Bios Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer Won't Start After Bios Update: I installed the latest update for Windows 10 on my HP laptop and all went well (1903). The next day it wanted to update the bios so I went ahead with it and the computer shut down so I thought all was good. WRONG-when I turned on the laptop the next morning it wouldn't even...
  8. Start up problem after update -- BSOD & wait

in Windows 10 Support
    Start up problem after update -- BSOD & wait: Power on shows manufactures logo And now proceeds to a bluescreen Please wait that never finishes. Early attempts got be passed password entry but strange warnings about desktop & profile & then empty desktop except task bar & recycle bin . Now can't even get to windows start...
  9. Windows Updates problems after Fresh Start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updates problems after Fresh Start: Running Windows 10 Home Edition (since Fresh Start, it says Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.447). I've just spent hours backing up, opting for Fresh Restart and selecting the keep nothing option. I was actually intending to do a clean install from a media usb I created ages...
  10. Windows start Problem after April update

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows start Problem after April update: Wife's Win10 Home laptop after the update, unable to use the Windows start key or button on keyboard Taskbar is empty except for Task View button. Unable to get to Action center and restored a backup I had in March and same problem again a Digital clock work not load also...