Windows 10: Problems to download apps on secondary drive

Discus and support Problems to download apps on secondary drive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Since the last update of windows i cant install or update apps of the microsoft store I have to uninstall it, install it in the main drive C: and move... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AARP41298, Jan 29, 2019.

1. AARP41298 Win User

Problems to download apps on secondary drive

Since the last update of windows i cant install or update apps of the microsoft store

I have to uninstall it, install it in the main drive C: and move to the secondary drive (in my case S: )

Its a fast solution BUT i want to download GoW4 a 133Gb game and i only have 90Gb on my C: (is a SSD thats the reason of the lower space)

I already try:

Clean restar

Clean the microsoft store cache

plese help me

:)

AARP41298, Jan 29, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

apps not working on secondary drive

Hi Lomavista,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Do you get any error message?
    • Which apps are you referring to?

Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

Step 1: Install all app updates from Windows Store.

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Step 2: I suggest you to download and run the app troubleshooter from the below link and check if it helps.

Run the Windows App Troubleshooter

Do let us know if you are able to use all apps from secondary drive. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jan 29, 2019
  3. Apps that I moved to a secondary drive won't work anymore

Hi,

I realize that the apps moved to a secondary driver are not working. I will try to help you with this issue.

• What is the error message you get with the Windows Store Apps?
    You will be able to solve some problems by running a troubleshooter that will automatically fix some common issues with Windows Store Apps. Once this is done check the status.

Open the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View All.
    Click on “Windows Store Apps” troubleshooter to fix problems with Windows Store Apps. Follow the on-screen directions to run this troubleshooter and restart the computer to check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Jan 29, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

topgundcp, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Problems to download apps on secondary drive - Similar Threads - Problems download apps

2. Problem Downloading From Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem Downloading From Drive: I have a Zip file in my drive , which is very important to me , and now i am not be able to download that file please help* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-downloading-from-drive/508538d8-1b99-46cf-bef0-00fa6c5e0445
  3. New to W10, apps installing on secondary drive?

New to W10, apps installing on secondary drive?: Hey all, before I get comments... yes Im new to windows 10, i dislike change Anyways... I was and have been using w8.1.. recently formatted my PC SSD and went the w10 route.. so I have a huge learning curve to deal with.. 1st.. when I was using w8.1, i had OS/Cdrive...
  4. New to W10, apps installing on secondary drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    New to W10, apps installing on secondary drive?: Hey all, before I get comments... yes Im new to windows 10, i dislike change Anyways... I was and have been using w8.1.. recently formatted my PC SSD and went the w10 route.. so I have a huge learning curve to deal with.. 1st.. when I was using w8.1, i had OS/Cdrive...
  5. App download problem

App download problem: I am cleaning up and adopting a 4 year old HP with W10. The previous owner did not maintain it well. My last problem is downloading apps from the MS store. When trying to download any app, it gives this error message. "This file does not have an app associated with it for...
  6. Problem with apps downloading

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Problem with apps downloading: I go to the Microsoft Store, click on the app but it won’t be downloaded! I get the error code 0x803FB005. My actions include reseting the Store and reinstalling the Store. However, the problem is not fixed....
  7. App download problem

App download problem: I'm trying to install a app on my laptop from the Microsoft Store and it's comimg up at as Unauthorized! What if anything can I do??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-download-problem/438c0400-b5f7-468a-a116-477150a03e4c
  8. Xbox app (beta) - Installing games to a secondary drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox app (beta) - Installing games to a secondary drive: (Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this - this is less of a question and more of a bug report I guess?) I've been trying for the past few days to download a number of games from the Xbox PC game pass to a secondary drive, which is occasionally removed, on my PC....
  9. Windows app folder on secondary drive causing major problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows app folder on secondary drive causing major problems: So I finished building a new PC but now it turns out I cant use my D drive for my game pass games (or any win 10 apps for the matter) essentially locking me out of the service. so now I have 2 windows app folders on 2 drives and I can’t get rid of the 2nd that is preventing...
  10. Problem with downloading apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with downloading apps: I have a problem with downloading apps to my laptop. I cannot download them at all, anu apps. I have Surface 3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-downloading-apps/34293bfa-58c0-4b6a-bac1-00c4181e656e