Windows 10: Problems to record audio to Audacity after Windows 10 update to 1803/1809

Discus and support Problems to record audio to Audacity after Windows 10 update to 1803/1809 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Problems to record audio to Audacity after Windows 10 update to 1803/1809 HI! My computer has Windows 10/64 1809 and a sound card from Realtek. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HLinde, Feb 9, 2019.

1. HLinde Win User

Problems to record audio to Audacity after Windows 10 update to 1803/1809

HI!

My computer has Windows 10/64 1809 and a sound card from Realtek.

It has been impossible to record sound to Audacity (2.3.0) through Stereo Mix (Realtek High Definition Audio) after Windows 10 update to 1803, and it is still the same problem with update 1809.

Now I found out that Microsoft has changed the audio connection from Stereo Mix to Microphonefrom the Windows 10 update to 1803, without any information.

That means that I have to do following to fix it for Audacity: Start- Computer Adjustments- Security- Microphone- Change (accept microphone for this unit)- On

Now Stereo Mix will work for Audacity, and I can record sound from the web or other units, but there is still an echo problem when I listen to audio from my speakers, so I have to slow down the microphone input to max 25% or switch it of.

My question to Microsoft is: Why do you have to do this operation with the update of Windows 10 to 1803/1809 as I have described, which caused so many problems for me and other people, without any information?

Please give me an answer!

:)

HLinde, Feb 9, 2019

2. How do I get audio recording to work since the Windows 10 version 1803 update on 05-18-2018?

Can anyone tell me how I can get audio recording to work since the Windows 10 version 1803 update which occurred on 05-18-2018? Microsoft feedback has been telling us fixing this is a top priority for over a month... Maybe next year.

I have run troubleshooter, did all the suggested fix-it steps including enabling the recording device and uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers to no avail. I am trying to record music using Audacity 2.1.0. My audio system plays music using Realtek High Definition
    Audio (I made sure this is set as the default player and recording device). Audacity tells me there's an error opening the sound device even though Realtek is playing music. This worked for recording before the version 1803 update on 05-18-2018. I ran System
    Restore to recover my old settings but I had waited too long for this to go back before the version 1803 update installation. So, I undid the Restore. Windows updated automatically yesterday (07-12-2018) but that did not fix the problem. I have done reboots
    a couple of times since then.

Thanks for your help,

Robert Ernster

RobertErnster, Feb 9, 2019
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Feb 9, 2019
  4. Problems to record audio to Audacity after Windows 10 update to 1803/1809

recording disabled with 1803 update

After installing 1803 update all audio editor software I usually use get disabled. I mean Audacity and Cool Record Pro. I decided to reinstall Realtek 2.81 drivers that are well compatible with 1703 but no result. New version
    Realtek 2.82 driver also doesn’t work. I couldn’t find any recording driver that works with 1803. Audacity's diagnostic mode indicates the driver ID: 1 and Stereo Mix is OK but audio rates are empty.

I reinstalled both applications and drivers several times but had to restore a backup made before 1803.

Can I disable the 1803 update permanently?
    System: Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD7 from 2010. I installed the generic Realtek 2.81 and it worked well and solved the problem.

AlisonNoice, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Problems to record audio to Audacity after Windows 10 update to 1803/1809 - Similar Threads - Problems record audio

2. Audacity Won't Record After Latest Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audacity Won't Record After Latest Upgrade: Since the latest upgrade, Audacity 3.0.0, their latest will not record. Using Windows 10. My older laptop would record just fine, but today, Windows upgraded and it won't work. I had asked the Audacity forum for help, and they pointed their finger at Microsoft. I know I can't...
  3. Problem in audio windows update 1803 and 1809

Problem in audio windows update 1803 and 1809: A customer claims their Sound Card is no longer working after a major Windows Feature Update from 1803 to 1809, what can you do to get their sound working again?...
  4. Recording on Windows 10 w/ Audacity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recording on Windows 10 w/ Audacity: I'm a songwriter in Norman Oklahoma & need assistance recording on Windows 10 desk top thru webcam mic. Audacity will be the source of recording. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks, Tim Wilson https://youtu.be/7GRJe6w_rgY...
  5. windows update 1809 and 1803

windows update 1809 and 1803: hi,i am using hp pro-book g440 laptop.Now i am using two operating systems(Dual boot).LinuxMInt and windows 10 from its release time. But last few months it happens some problem. one is when it tries to update on 1809 or 1803 version,it fails to install multiple times. For...
  6. 1803 to 1809 update

1803 to 1809 update: is there any way to update from 1803 to 1809 without usb stick as I cant make 1809 uefi as size is greater than 4 gb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/1803-to-1809-update/9dcd246d-e291-453d-ba65-df640ee929b5
  7. Problem after updating to windows 10 1809

Problem after updating to windows 10 1809: So today my computer got updated from 1803 to 1809. But now I think I have a problem. So I have AVG installed as an anti virus product, and after the update windows defender is no longer saying that my protection is being managed by AVG, windows defender is now running, and...
  8. Recording level in Audacity using Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recording level in Audacity using Windows 10 Pro: Hello, I've recently updated to the newest free download of Audacity using Windows 10 Pro. Everything works in the software with exception that the record level adjuster doesn't do anything when moving it around. Not sure if making some changes on the presets in Audacity...
  9. update 1803 to 1809 big problem

update 1803 to 1809 big problem: so the other day my system tried to update from 1803 to 1809 . when it went and restarted it went into a never ending reboot . After checking on the problem was told to recover to a restore point before the update but the update deleted all of them. So i found out how to...
  10. Realtek audio problem after updating to 1809 update....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek audio problem after updating to 1809 update....: hi, i recently updated my pc to 1809 update through update assistant. and discovered that an audio problem randomly comes. this issue is about sound popping out of the speakers. This happened with me before update also so i think it may not be related to this update. this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. audacity error opening recording device

2. audacity 2.3.0. Error code opening device Error 0 Success

3. audacity wont work with realtek

4. audacity doesnt work with windows 10,
  5. audacity error 9996,
  6. windows 10 audacity recorder not working,
  7. audacity error 9996 realtek high definition audio,
  8. windows updat and cinch audio recorder wonr work,
  9. windows 10 has issue recording in mono using audacity,
  10. unable to record voice via microphone after windows update,
  11. audacity recording issues windows 10,