Windows 10: Problems to set up fingerprint scanning.

Discus and support Problems to set up fingerprint scanning. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, I have tried to configure my fingerprints to protect my laptop is an Acer, but I have not been successful. How do I set up my laptop to log in... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Carol D.Driscoll, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Problems to set up fingerprint scanning.

Hello, I have tried to configure my fingerprints to protect my laptop is an Acer, but I have not been successful.
    How do I set up my laptop to log in with fingerprint scanning or password?
    Thank you.

:)

Carol D.Driscoll, Feb 15, 2019

2. No option for fingerprint scan login

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We're sorry to hear the inconvenience you have experienced.

• Download the
      Hardware and devices troubleshooter
      . In the
      File Download dialog box, select Open and follow the on-screen instructions.
    • If the fingerprint reader isn’t working, detach and reattach your Surface Pro 4 Type Cover with Fingerprint ID from your Surface Pro 4 and try using the fingerprint reader again.
    • If reattaching your Surface Pro 4 Type Cover with Fingerprint ID doesn’t solve the problem, try typing or using the touchpad. If neither the keyboard nor the touchpad on your Cover works, see

Troubleshoot your Surface Cover
    If the IR camera or the fingerprint reader still aren’t working:

Step 1:
    Sign in to your Surface using a different method (such as a PIN or password).

Step 2:
    Remove the scan of your face or fingerprint and set up a new scan, following the steps in

Windows Hello doesn’t recognize your face or fingerprint, and there is an error message.

Step 3:
    Sign in using Windows Hello.

If you still can’t sign in using Windows Hello, you may be having a software issue. How to fix software issues

If the IR camera on your Surface or the fingerprint reader on your Surface Pro 4 Type Cover with Fingerprint ID still isn’t working,

contact us

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Feb 15, 2019
  3. Win 10 , Lenovo E580 ThinkPad, Fingerprint has stopped working, can not set new

Let's try Uninstall the Fingerprint Manager and Re-enroll the Fingerprints.

To uninstall the Lenovo Fingerprint Manager Pro or Lenovo Fingerprint Manager, and then re-enroll your fingerprints. Follow the steps below:

Step 1. Open the Control Panel and find Programs.

Step 2. Click Uninstall a program under the Programs.

Step 3. Find Lenovo Fingerprint Manager Pro or Lenovo Fingerprint Manager in the program list, and then right click it to uninstall it.

Install Synaptics Fingerprint Driver for Windows 10 (64-bit) - ThinkPad E480, E580 from official Lenovo support site:

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/DS50...

Restart your device and follow this steps to configure your fingerprint:

Step 1. Click the Start button to open the Settings.

Step 2. Select Accounts in the Settings.

Step 3. Choose "Sign-in options" on the left. Scroll to Windows Hello and click Set Up in the Fingerprint section.

Step 4. Click Get started in the Windows Hello setup.

Step 5. Enter your PIN.

Step 6. Put one of your fingers on the fingerprint reader to scan it.

Step 7. Choose Add Another if you want to repeat the process with another finger, or you can choose to close the program.

Let me know how was.

AngelCarreno, Feb 15, 2019
  4. Problems to set up fingerprint scanning.

Is there a way to set Windows 10 Pro login to fingerprint by default instead of having to choose between fingerprint, PIN or password each time I log in?

Please answer the question that is asked. There are several people on this thread that have asked how to SET FINGERPRINT SCAN AS THE ***DEFAULT*** METHOD OF SIGN IN, but the pre-written stock answers you're offering sidestep the question. It seems like
    Hello doesn't give the option to set a DEFAULT and have that method used first every time. I KNOW YOU CAN CHOOSE IT EACH TIME, that's not what we want to do. We want it to be looking for a fingerprint scan, thus enabling a one-step login rather than the two-step
    process you keep suggesting. If it's not possible, please say so and we'll drop the subject. Thanks.

DunaganPatrick, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

Problems to set up fingerprint scanning.

1. Problems to set up fingerprint scanning. - Similar Threads - Problems set fingerprint

2. Fingerprinter doesn't set up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprinter doesn't set up: I cannot set the fingerprint recognition for login.this is aa new laptop. I reupdated the Goodix driver from the manufacturer MSI web site.When I click on the "Get started" button, and then touch the fingerprint sensor, an error occurs:Sorry, something went wrong.Close...
  3. Fingerprinter doesn't set up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprinter doesn't set up: I cannot set the fingerprint recognition for login.this is aa new laptop. I reupdated the Goodix driver from the manufacturer MSI web site.When I click on the "Get started" button, and then touch the fingerprint sensor, an error occurs:Sorry, something went wrong.Close...
  4. problem setting fingerprint

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    problem setting fingerprint: when i try to setup fingerprint it show error "sorry.... close window hello and try setup again"then i found out that "allow this device to wake up computer" option was not optable....
  5. hello fingerprint will not set up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    hello fingerprint will not set up: I have a Dell Latitude 5400 and everytime I go to set up the fingerprint id it comes back with a message saying 'Sorry, something went wrong. Close Windows hello and then try going through the setup again' I have updated the laptop- I have installed the latest driver from...
  6. Fingerprint set up problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fingerprint set up problem: Win 10 Pro Dell Vostro 3478 8th Gen Core i5 14" model have finger option but cant setup. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-set-up-problem/9a3d7eac-f47e-4f10-9e3e-0e87f247750e
  7. Setting up fingerprint signin

Setting up fingerprint signin: When I try to add my fingerprint to Windows Hello, I am able to start the procedure, but it suddenly stops working when it is partly done. What can I do to fix this?...
  8. fingerprint set up

fingerprint set up: I want to set up my fingerprint PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-set-up/8ddd26b0-a0c3-4ddb-9602-3a2329dd7e63
  9. Fingerprint set up

Fingerprint set up: Cannot find fingerprint set up in sign in option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-set-up/9493b37d-a99a-4449-824d-f97538b4579c
  10. fingerprint set up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    fingerprint set up: in my laptop asus x507ma fingerprint sign in option not displaying how it set up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-set-up/01953d27-1c1f-4bf0-872b-744426d91dab"