Windows 10: Problems to update from XP to WIN10

Discus and support Problems to update from XP to WIN10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi,While trying to update win XP on my old computer to win 10 I get down message.In english it says:Unknown error occurred. Tool cannot install on your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by mioh02, May 25, 2022.

1. mioh02 Win User

Problems to update from XP to WIN10

Hi,While trying to update win XP on my old computer to win 10 I get down message.In english it says:Unknown error occurred. Tool cannot install on your computer. Contact support and inform the fault code. Fault code 0x80072F8F - 0x20000I have a problem to contact the support here in sweden as I get thrown around on their website....

:)

mioh02, May 25, 2022
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, May 25, 2022
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 25, 2022
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Windows XP update and internet Issue

Microsoft has been shutting down some of their XP update server to prepare for the end of life of XP. That means that if your ISPs DNS servers are slow at updating then you will be trying to use servers that no longer exist.

I suggest you download the latest XP roll-up disc, it will have most of the updates you need and I also suggest hard coding a Google DNS as your primary DNS in your router.

newtekie1, May 25, 2022
Thema:

1. Problems to update from XP to WIN10 - Similar Threads - Problems update WIN10

2. Problems to update from XP to WIN10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems to update from XP to WIN10: Hi,While trying to update win XP on my old computer to win 10 I get down message.In english it says:Unknown error occurred. Tool cannot install on your computer. Contact support and inform the fault code. Fault code 0x80072F8F - 0x20000I have a problem to contact the support...
  3. Problems to update from XP to WIN10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems to update from XP to WIN10: Hi,While trying to update win XP on my old computer to win 10 I get down message.In english it says:Unknown error occurred. Tool cannot install on your computer. Contact support and inform the fault code. Fault code 0x80072F8F - 0x20000I have a problem to contact the support...
  4. Problem updating from WIN7 to WIN10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem updating from WIN7 to WIN10: I have a Dell computer from 2011. I'm trying to upgrade from WIN7 to WIN10.I got an error message when trying to run the MediaCreationTool21H2.exe. It says to reference the error code 0X80072F8F - 0X20000. Any suggestions would be appreciated....
  5. Problem updating from WIN7 to WIN10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem updating from WIN7 to WIN10: I have a Dell computer from 2011. I'm trying to upgrade from WIN7 to WIN10.I got an error message when trying to run the MediaCreationTool21H2.exe. It says to reference the error code 0X80072F8F - 0X20000. Any suggestions would be appreciated....
  6. Win10 update problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 update problem: When doing a recent Win10 update on my wide's PC something went awry and a TEMP account has been created which gives a standard MS screen on bootup. I have Googled the problem and see that I need to go into Settings and change to the original account which I can see in File...
  7. Win10 Update Problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 Update Problem: [ATTACH] I have not been able to update Win10 since June when i attempt to do so it tells me my PC cant run win 10 (which always gives me a chuckle, since i upgraded back when it was free) the reason given is that the SRP cant be updated, clicking on Microsoft link just...
  8. win10 update problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    win10 update problems: Latest update resulted in loss of optical drive/dvd , but it does show in device manager under Hidden Items. And, Epson WF-4630 malfunction . Downloading new driver from US site helped but now cannot print in A5....
  9. Win10 Updates Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Updates Problems: The 1803 update wiped out several programs on my HP laptop---lost saved emails--and downloads Further updates on my Acer desktop wiped out my desktop- Additional updates move programs off the desktop and deletes others All changes require several hours to reset to a...
  10. Win10 Update Problems

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 Update Problems: Machine is an Asus ROG GL552vw that came with Win 10 Home. I've had it about 1 1/2 years. Every significant Win 10 update has broken something on the machine, usually its ability to shut down or sleep/hibernate properly. This appears to be related to Microsoft updating...