Windows 10: Problems Uninstalling, Updating and Running Programs in Windows 10

Discus and support Problems Uninstalling, Updating and Running Programs in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When the last major windows 10 update came out I updated like normal. I then went to play my cracked copy of Age of Empires 2 the Conquerors and I kept... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by cjman25, Sep 5, 2018.

1. cjman25 Win User

Problems Uninstalling, Updating and Running Programs in Windows 10

When the last major windows 10 update came out I updated like normal. I then went to play my cracked copy of Age of Empires 2 the Conquerors and I kept getting the error " Could not initialize graphics system. Make sure that your video card and driver are compatible with direct draw" so I went to the forums and someone suggested I downgrade back to the previous version. Well i downgraded and it didn't work so i just went back to the upgrade.

Well now for some reason both itunes and winzip icons are gone the icons now just look like blank pieces of paper and i can't update or remove them from my computer in the control panel because of the error " the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable" and I have no earthly idea how to fix this issue. This is really a two pronged question as i'd like to be able to play my cracked version of AOE and Star Wars Galactic Battle Grounds as I do own legit copies of the games but my computer doesn't have a disc drive so I have to use the crack. Any help would be appreciated thanks!

:)

cjman25, Sep 5, 2018

2. Cannot insta;; or uninstall programs it keeps saying a program already being installed!

Hi Brandi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you with the issue.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

• Which program are you trying to uninstall?

• What is the exact issue with Office XP Student?
    The issue you are facing could be due to the program is running on desktop background. Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and heck if it help in resolving the issue. Follow the below steps:

Step 1.

I suggest you to go to the task manager and check if the program is running on Windows back ground. Follow the below steps:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task manager.
    • Locate for the program which you are trying to uninstall.
    • Right click on it and click on End task.
    • Try uninstalling the program.
    If the issue still persist try the below steps.

Step 2.

I would recommend you to restart the computer and as soon as the computer boot up try uninstalling the programs.

If the above steps did not fix the issue try the below steps provided.

Step 3.

I suggest you to unregister and register the Windows installer and check if it helps. Follow the below steps:

• Click Start, click Run, type
      MSIEXEC /UNREGISTER, and then click OK. Even if you do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs.

• Click Start, click Run, type
      MSIEXEC /REGSERVER, and then click OK. Even if you do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs, or you may briefly see an hourglass. After you run this command, the operation is complete.
    Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 5, 2018
  3. chispy Win User
    Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Sep 5, 2018
  4. John Sarc Win User

Program will not fully uninstall

One possible reason why you can't uninstall this program is because it's still running. You can have it stopped first (from running) before uninstalling. See the steps below on how to do so:

• Press the Windows key and type in "task manager"
    • Click on Task Manager and go to the Processes tab.
    • Look for the app you want to uninstall. Right-click on it and tick on
      End task
    • After doing this so, try to uninstall the app.

Let us know the outcome of this suggestion.

John Sarc, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Problems Uninstalling, Updating and Running Programs in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Problems Uninstalling Updating

2. Problem uninstalling a program.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem uninstalling a program.: i get the error "RUN DLL there was a problem starting C:/Program the specified module could not be found." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-uninstalling-a-program/56c1f1bc-6cf1-477e-b47d-8bdf18689c67
  3. Problem uninstalling a program.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem uninstalling a program.: i get the error "RUN DLL there was a problem starting C:/Program the specified module could not be found." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-uninstalling-a-program/56c1f1bc-6cf1-477e-b47d-8bdf18689c67
  4. Problem uninstalling a program.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to run an uninstall program as an administrator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to run an uninstall program as an administrator?: I had a super old game on disc that I was trying to install and run, the former happened and I couldn't make the latter happen, so I tried to just uninstall the game altogether. Windows asks me if I want to let rundll32 edit files, and I click yes, and I immediately get an...
  6. problem to uninstall a program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    problem to uninstall a program: I´am trying to uninstall a program snap camera but it says it is "currently running". I have closed all the applications, even the access to the camera of my PC...
  7. PROBLEM UNINSTALLING A PROGRAM

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PROBLEM UNINSTALLING A PROGRAM: My electronic skills are minimal.....that's my problem. I installed Avast browser and free antivirus last night and it appears to have been a big mistake. Their icons have populated every aspect of my older Asus desktop and i can not save to documents . i do monthly reports...
  8. There is a problem with Uninstalling this program.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    There is a problem with Uninstalling this program.: Hi, I am currently trying to figure out how I can uninstall this program that was downloaded and now on an inaccessible external drive. I can't open it and also can't uninstall the programs on it. Without uninstalling the program then I can't freshly install the program on my...
  9. Problems Uninstalling, Updating and Running Programs in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems Uninstalling, Updating and Running Programs in Windows 10: When the last major windows 10 update came out I updated like normal. I then went to play my cracked copy of Age of Empires 2 the Conquerors and I kept getting the error " Could not initialize graphics system. Make sure that your video card and driver are compatible with...
  10. Windows 10 Update (Uninstall/Change A Program)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Update (Uninstall/Change A Program): I just upgrade my computer and done a fresh install, and I have noticed when I go to My Computer, and click on "Uninstall or Change A Program" the button takes me to the Settings page. Is there a fix for this? 81544