Windows 10: Problems updating device driver

Discus and support Problems updating device driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to fix a Wirelesss adapter problem and the first thing I'm trying to do is update the driver. My machine is an Acer Laptop Aspire... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Glmiross, May 10, 2021.

1. Glmiross Win User

Problems updating device driver

Hello, I am trying to fix a Wirelesss adapter problem and the first thing I'm trying to do is update the driver. My machine is an Acer Laptop Aspire 5733-6696 which has a Atheros AR5B95 wireless adapter. I searched the Windows Support and found the "Microsoft Update Catalog" and searched on Atheros AR5B95. There are many drivers shown but if I was understanding things correctly, the two latest ones seem to be:Windows 10 and Later Servicing Drivers for testing,Windows 10 Anniversary Update and Later Servicing DriversDrivers Networking9/3/201610.0.0.3

:)

Glmiross, May 10, 2021

2. Windows update keeps replacing ALPS Touchpad driver with a Synaptics driver.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and delete the previous drivers and the latest drivers for the touchpad and install the required version of the driver from Device Manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand the Touch pad driver.
    • Right click on the driver and click on update/install.
    • Select the required version from the on-screen prompts.

And for the problem with the installation of printer drivers, I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” option on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Update” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 10, 2021
  3. touchpad driver update

Hi Chandrahasan,

Incompatible device drivers are known to operate against the method that Windows 10 follows. We suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to scan your computer, identify the problem, and attempt to fix the issue automatically. To run the
    troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Start icon and select Control Panel.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar and click on
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on Hardware and Sound > Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, uninstall the touchpad driver, then follow these steps to check if the issue is driver related:

• Right-click on the name of your PC at the top of the list of devices in
      Device Manager
    • Select Scan for hardware changes to reinstall the device driver, or download and install the latest version from the manufacturer’s website.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, May 10, 2021
  4. erocker Win User

ATI Driver install problems

It's all laid out here: How To: Reinstall Video Drivers (Quick Guide)

It could be a problem with the monitors OSD chip.

erocker, May 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Problems updating device driver - Similar Threads - Problems updating device

2. Problem with Synaptics pointing device driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Synaptics pointing device driver: I have an older HP Elitebook laptop with Synaptics pointing device. The problem is that the Synaptics program does not start automaticly when the compures boots. Then the touchpad reacts to touches as if I would click the key and so I accidentally delete messages etc. I have...
  3. Device not working properly, driver problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device not working properly, driver problem: Hello, I bought a new keyboard to play. I cannot use it, it just lit up but the keys not working. What to do? Restarting won't help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-not-working-properly-driver-problem/187cbe94-aabb-440e-8410-3fbca0111d05
  4. Device not working properly, driver problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device not working properly, driver problem: Hello, I bought a new keyboard to play. I cannot use it, it just lit up but the keys not working. What to do? Restarting won't help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-not-working-properly-driver-problem/187cbe94-aabb-440e-8410-3fbca0111d05
  5. devices not working properly driver problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    devices not working properly driver problem: Hi I am a avid gamer and got my new laptop to play with However when I treied to use my keybaord on it, the keyboard just lit up but can't press nay keys.I already restarted and fix the driver , still won't work....
  6. A microphone driver problem "Device Not Migrated"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A microphone driver problem "Device Not Migrated": My computer's window version is window 10. When I use an external microphone, it shows that the device is not migrated. Can I know how I fixed it...
  7. Audio device driver problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio device driver problems: So, I'll begin with when the problem started. I was on social media, trying to listen to a video on my feed and I noticed a really loud + continuous thumping sound coming from my headphones. When I unplugged them, I believe I heard no sound at all. I tried restarting Windows...
  8. Device Driver Update

Device Driver Update: So I have a Wireless USB adapter. I updated the device drivers of the adapter on my laptop, but the adapter's intended use is not for my laptop but for a different desktop. The question is, will the adapter remain updated even when I change PC's or do I need to re-update it...
  9. Driver Update, windows encountered a problem installing the drivers for your device "Access...

Driver Update, windows encountered a problem installing the drivers for your device "Access...: Hello, I have recently rebooted my personal computer and am having some issues with updating a driver. In the Device Manager, it keeps saying access denied when I plug in my SD Card. This doesn't come up when I plug in a USB drive. I ave already tried several methods that I...
  10. thread stuck in device driver problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    thread stuck in device driver problem: Why screen blue and thread stuck in device driver appears automatically after turn off the laptop charger? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thread-stuck-in-device-driver-problem/b9dcbb83-39bf-4b06-8f67-7b1f64465cd9