Windows 10: Problems updating from windows 7 to windows 10

Discus and support Problems updating from windows 7 to windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My old desktop computer has died and I am now using a laptop. The desktop came with OEM Windows XP professional and I purchased the first full license... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SouthEssex, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Problems updating from windows 7 to windows 10

My old desktop computer has died and I am now using a laptop. The desktop came with OEM Windows XP professional and I purchased the first full license version of Windows 7 professional ultimate which I successully installed on the desktop.

My laptop came with OEM Windows 10 home and, since the desktop computer has now died I wanted to see if I could upgrade my laptop Home version of Windows 10 to the professional version by means of the upgrade path offered by Microsoft.

On my laptop I opened settings and entered the product key for my Windows 7 license, it was not accepted. A few days later Windows ran an upgrade and I then got a message stating that I needed to activate Windows. When I attemted to do so I found that Windows 10 professional Ultimate had been installed but it would not accept either my orginal Windows 10 home product key or my Windows 7 product key.

The error message I get is 0xC004C003 which I understand refers to a duplicate installation.

As my desktop is now dead how can I remove the product key from it and can I install it on my laptop. Alternatively if it is not possible to install in on my laptop how can I revert to the OEM Windows 10 home version. The laptop is an HP Envy and the product key was not provided with it however I have used Belarc to find it

:)

SouthEssex, Apr 6, 2021
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 6, 2021
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Apr 6, 2021
  4. Knoxx29 Win User

Problems updating from windows 7 to windows 10

FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

I guess who still uses windows 7 has this problem, Microsoft is forcing people to upgrade to Windows 10

Knoxx29, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

Problems updating from windows 7 to windows 10

1. Problems updating from windows 7 to windows 10 - Similar Threads - Problems updating

2. i re installed my operating system windows 8 pro, updates problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i re installed my operating system windows 8 pro, updates problem: i re installed my operating system windows 8 pro, updates problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-re-installed-my-operating-system-windows-8-pro/cbec03ad-b505-4798-8266-e9b8c39f485a
  3. i re installed my operating system windows 8 pro, updates problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i re installed my operating system windows 8 pro, updates problem: i re installed my operating system windows 8 pro, updates problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-re-installed-my-operating-system-windows-8-pro/cbec03ad-b505-4798-8266-e9b8c39f485a
  4. There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...: There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80070643...
  5. There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...

There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...: There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80070643...
  6. There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...

9. There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...

10. File Corruption Problem After Windows 10 Update

File Corruption Problem After Windows 10 Update: Greetings, esteemed forum members,I am reaching out to seek guidance regarding a troubling issue I've encountered after updating my Windows 10 operating system. Following the update, I've noticed significant file corruption and data loss on my computer.Files that were...