Windows 10: Problems upgrading CPU and Graphic card on 7 year old Dell Vostro

Discus and support Problems upgrading CPU and Graphic card on 7 year old Dell Vostro in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; HiI'm using Dell Vostro 14-5480 - a seven years old laptop. I try to upgrade RAM, SSD, it improved my laptop a lot. But then I came to upgrade the CPU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GhastBoyGamer1, Aug 10, 2021.

1. Problems upgrading CPU and Graphic card on 7 year old Dell Vostro

HiI'm using Dell Vostro 14-5480 - a seven years old laptop. I try to upgrade RAM, SSD, it improved my laptop a lot. But then I came to upgrade the CPU and the Graphic Card, I realized that this laptop didn't support replacing CPU or Graphic Card. But I want to surprise my friends with my laptop. And I have some questions:So how can I change the Intel HD Graphic icon?If I use Resource Hacker to change these icons, are there any problems that can cause my laptop to boot or something like that?* Original title: Please help me

:)

GhastBoyGamer1, Aug 10, 2021

2. problem upgrading dell vostro 1000 laptop

According to the ATI AMD website

The following is a list of graphics products that do not have driver support Windows® 10:

• ATI Radeon™ X1### Series/ATI Mobility Radeon™ X1### Series Graphics
    shows how little they know LOL

reddwarf4ever, Aug 10, 2021
  3. problem upgrading dell vostro 1000 laptop

Ok trying now to upgrade vostro 1000, tried running setup from within Windows and told this PC cannot be upgraded to Windows 10.... so now booting from USB pen and chose custom install.....assume this is a clean install.....it accepted my Windows 7 product key, which is good news.....fingers crossed

UPDATE *really*Wink*092 well it works, now have a dell vostro laptop with a clean install Windows 10.. I triied booting from the USB pen and chose upgrade it told me to restart the 'pc' and run setup from the install file...but that doesn't work, so chose custom and did a clean install, went flawlessly, even used the Windows 7 product key.....thank you everyone for your help and support and occaisonly steering me in the right direction LOL *Rolleyes.....it's working very well so from XP to vista to Windows 7 and now to Windows 10....quite a journey...

reddwarf4ever, Aug 10, 2021
  4. Problems upgrading CPU and Graphic card on 7 year old Dell Vostro

nVidia 330M video card in dell vostro 3700 is not showing in window 10 64bit

I have Dell Vostro 3700 with Vostro 3700 - nVidia 330M video card discrete card. Previously i am using window 7 the card is workding fine. But when i install window 10, neither the card is showing in driver list nor
    it is installing. I have to just use the intel dedicated graphic. Please help to short out this problem as my card is 2 gb and it will help me alot in working.

SOFTLINECREATIONS, Aug 10, 2021
Thema:

Problems upgrading CPU and Graphic card on 7 year old Dell Vostro

1. Problems upgrading CPU and Graphic card on 7 year old Dell Vostro - Similar Threads - Problems upgrading CPU

2. Dell Vostro to Dell 9020

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Vostro to Dell 9020: Hi.I am going from a Dell Vostro to a Dell 9050. I am running Windows 10 Pro OEM and want to directly fit the SSD from the Vostro into the 9020 including the OS. Can anyone advise on this please. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I have purchased a new license number....
  3. Dell Vostro to Dell 9020

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Vostro to Dell 9020: Hi.I am going from a Dell Vostro to a Dell 9050. I am running Windows 10 Pro OEM and want to directly fit the SSD from the Vostro into the 9020 including the OS. Can anyone advise on this please. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I have purchased a new license number....
  4. Dell Vostro to Dell 9020

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Dell Vostro 230 windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dell Vostro 230 windows 10 upgrade: I'm trying to upgrade a dell Vostro 230 to windows 10 like the title says. I've seen several links on the internet saying it can be done. My issue is I get a hardware may not be able to upgrade blah blah blah. It's the bios settings. I'm loading windows 10 on a new 3.5 hdd. I...
  6. Upgrading an Old Graphics Card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Upgrading an Old Graphics Card: Hi everyone! I have a very old PC that I built in 2008 with the following configuration: Asus P5Q Pro motherboard; Intel core 2 duo e8500 CPU; 8GB RAM; Asus EN9600GSO TOP/HTDP/384M video card (DirectX 10) My PC runs Windows 10 1909 just fine. Here is the question. I do...
  7. problem upgrading dell vostro 1000 laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    problem upgrading dell vostro 1000 laptop: Tried upgrading my vostro 1000 to Windows 10, but got an message window saying that Dell has an issue with ati Radeon xpress 1150 not sure if it's a driver issue or hardware.. is is there anything I can do ? thanks 32669
  8. Upgrade Graphic Card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Upgrade Graphic Card: I'd like to upgrade my video card but am not to informed on which card to use. I have a Nvidia GeForce GT 610 and my power supply is 460 watts, any suggestions on what I could use would be greatly appreciated. Windows 10 Pro latest updates installed.*Smile 87549
  9. Upgrading Graphics Card?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Upgrading Graphics Card?: So I just wanted to know if I could upgrade my graphics card without changing/upgrading anything else as well. I have a GeForce GT 610 currently, and switching it out for the GeForce gtx 750 ti or the 950. PROCESSOR: AMD Fx(tm)-4300 Quad-Core processor 3.8 GHz RAM: 16gb...
  10. Win10 upgrade problem vs. graphics card

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 upgrade problem vs. graphics card: About two years ago I built a Win10 computer, using an Asus M5A78L-MLE MB (I usually use ASRock MB). To my dismay, the on-board graphics weren't working. I remembered I had an old (8-9 years?) XFX GeFORCE graphics card and I plugged it in and all seemed well. Now suddenly...