Windows 10: Problems using a Traditional Chinese IME

Discus and support Problems using a Traditional Chinese IME in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I had the WIndows 10 Pro 64bit ver 1909 which using a user account no admin right. And I installed the language Chinese Traditional , Hong Kong... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by OA Staff, Jan 8, 2021.

1. OA Staff Win User

Problems using a Traditional Chinese IME

Hi,

I had the WIndows 10 Pro 64bit ver 1909 which using a user account no admin right.

And I installed the language Chinese Traditional , Hong Kong SAR and Microsoft Quick as input method .The installation is successful.

However, I tried switch to this input method, I can only input English and I cannot switch to Chinese .

Also got the error message is “Traditional Chinese IME is not ready yet”

What I need to do on this error? And how to fix it?

:)

OA Staff, Jan 8, 2021
  2. rdbusser Win User

No personalization Traditional Chinese Pinyin IME

Hi,

This is not very relevant to this particular problem, which occurs when the language pack and the IME is already installed and in use.

The problem is that when you use the “Microsoft Pinyin Input method" to type traditional rather than simplified Chinese characters, the personalisation options are all grayed out. As a result the IME will not remember your most commonly used characters,
    which makes typing in Chinese extremely laborious. This problem does not occur when you set the same IME to "Simplified Chinese".

My questions are:

- Is it possible to turn personalisation on for Traditional Chinese? This is not straightforwardly possible in the settings.

- Or alternatively, is there an IME for using Hanyu Pinyin to type Traditional Chinese Characters which is equivalent to or better than the Microsoft Pinyin IME.

rdbusser, Jan 8, 2021
  3. Naresh_K Win User
    “Traditional Chinese IME is not ready yet” on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

It looks like the IME dictionaries are not downloaded for the language pack due to which you are receiving that error message. I request you to follow the suggestion provided by Tiero Chi in the thread:
    Problems using a Japanese or Traditional Chinese IME
    on a non-Japanese or non-Traditional Chinese version of Windows 10 immediately after installing the April 2018 Update
    and write back with the results.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Jan 8, 2021
  4. Tiero Chi Win User

Problems using a Japanese or Traditional Chinese IME on a non-Japanese or non-Traditional Chinese version of Windows 10 immediately after installing the April 2018 Update.

If you are running a non-Japanese or non-Traditional Chinese version of Windows 10 and are experiencing any of these problems, try these steps to resolve them:

Symptom 1:
    You may not able to type Japanese or Traditional Chinese characters when first signing into your account.

If you are connected to the Internet, you can wait for the IME dictionaries to download.
    If you’d prefer not to wait, or if are not connected to the Internet,
    when selecting your operating system language, please choose a Japanese or Traditional Chinese operating system.
    These languages include pre-loaded IME dictionaries.
    In some cases, your PC manufacturer or enterprise may offer a customized Windows 10 you may choose that already includes an IME dictionary to avoid this problem.

Symptom 2:
    You may not be able to type Japanese or Traditional Chinese characters if your do not have an Internet connection or before the dictionary is downloaded.

If you think you might have problems downloading the IME dictionary, first check if the download was successful.
    To do this, open Settings, and select Apps.
    Then select Manage Optional Features. If your Japanese or Traditional Chinese IME dictionaries have been successfully installed, you should see “Japanese typing” or “Chinese (Taiwan) typing
    within the list of Optional Features.

If you don’t see a successful download, try resolving this issue by manually downloading the IME dictionary.
    (These steps require an Internet connection.)

1. At the Start menu, click Cortana’s search box and type “Command Prompt”.
    2. Right-click Command Prompt in the search results and select
      Run as Administrator.
    3. In the Command Prompt window, type one of the following command and press Enter to install the basic typing Features on Demand package:
    • For Japanese basic typing:
    DISM.exe /Online /Add-Capability /CapabilityName:Language.Basic~~~ja-JP~0.0.1.0

• For Traditional Chinese basic typing:
    DISM.exe /Online /Add-Capability /CapabilityName:Language.Basic~~~zh-TW~0.0.1.0

Symptom 3:
    Windows server update services (WSUS) may not detect your Japanese or Traditional Chinese IME in some corporate environments.

If you’re using Windows 10 Enterprise in a corporate environment and can't type Japanese or Traditional Chinese characters, please ask your local IT administrator for help.

You can find detailed information about Features on Demand and Language Packs in Windows 10 at these English-language sites:

Language packages

Features on demand

Language features on demand

Tiero Chi, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Problems using a Traditional Chinese IME - Similar Threads - Problems using Traditional

2. Self-learning function for pinyin IME is greyed out when using traditional Chinese

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Self-learning function for pinyin IME is greyed out when using traditional Chinese: I enabled the Chinese Simplified, Singapore input method in Win11. If Chinese Simplified is applied, the self-learning function works. However, if I switch to Chinese Traditional, the self-learning function gets greyed out. May I know what the issue is? It is very frustrating...
  3. Self-learning function for pinyin IME is greyed out when using traditional Chinese

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Self-learning function for pinyin IME is greyed out when using traditional Chinese: I enabled the Chinese Simplified, Singapore input method in Win11. If Chinese Simplified is applied, the self-learning function works. However, if I switch to Chinese Traditional, the self-learning function gets greyed out. May I know what the issue is? It is very frustrating...
  4. Traditional Chinese IME is not ready yet

in Windows 10 Customization
    Traditional Chinese IME is not ready yet: When I use Traditional Chinese IME, I can only type english. What's the problem?[ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/traditional-chinese-ime-is-not-ready-yet/b64b6877-fb4e-4a09-9b6b-bb14186be453
  5. Traditional Chinese IME is not ready yet” on Windows 10

Traditional Chinese IME is not ready yet” on Windows 10: laptop cmd“ DISM.exe / Online / Add-Capability /CapabilityName:Language.Basic~~~zh-TW~0.0.1.0” [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/traditional-chinese-ime-is-not-ready-yet-on/1b888f7c-a9e6-45dd-8598-b8c4388f7c8b
  6. Traditional Chinese IME is not ready yet in Windows 10 1809

Traditional Chinese IME is not ready yet in Windows 10 1809: I know in 1809, we need to download additional language pack to add Traditional Chinese IME, this is already done, and I can use other input method except "bopomofo", just notice me "is not ready yet", I would like to use 3rd party input, but doesn't support by Windows...
  7. IME floating icon for Traditional Quick Chinese input

IME floating icon for Traditional Quick Chinese input: Dear Microsoft, As I had researched on internet and the community which no one could solve this problem. First, the IME icon is a little floating icon showing "中" or "英" as a reminder to user which mode one is using in the chinese input method. However they have a problem...
  8. “Traditional Chinese IME is not ready yet” on Windows 10

“Traditional Chinese IME is not ready yet” on Windows 10: Hi Everyone, I am using a Windows 10 version 1809. The problem is when I try to install the Microsoft Bopomofo pinyin input method under the Chinese (Taiwan) category. It will be installed successfully. However, when I try to use it and switch to this input method, I can...
  9. Problems using a Japanese or Traditional Chinese IME on a non-Japanese or non-Traditional...

Problems using a Japanese or Traditional Chinese IME on a non-Japanese or non-Traditional...: How to solve this problem? * Moved from Insider https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problems-using-a-japanese-or-traditional-chinese/b51350c9-b847-4ee8-8109-9ce0fbf02a37
  10. “Traditional Chinese IME is not ready yet” on Win10

“Traditional Chinese IME is not ready yet” on Win10: Hi folks, I have installed the language pack and added a keyboard. However, when I try to toggle between English and Chinese, a message keeps coming up saying “Traditional Chinese is not ready yet”. How should I resolve this? I have tried reinstalling the pack or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. traditional chinese ime is not ready yet

2. win 10 1809 dism /Online /Add-Capability Language.Basic~~~ja-JP~0.0.1.0