Windows 10: Problems Using Both Headset and Speakers

Discus and support Problems Using Both Headset and Speakers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello friends! I have a new PC, it's all up to date. I have speakers plugged into the back and a headset plugged to the front. If I unplug my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by UnrealSteak2197, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Problems Using Both Headset and Speakers

Hello friends!

I have a new PC, it's all up to date. I have speakers plugged into the back and a headset plugged to the front. If I unplug my headset, my speakers work. If my headset is plugged in, ONLY the headset will work. I am told that this is the default design, however there are ways using the Realtek HD Audio Manager to separate both. For example, if I want to switch to speakers without having to unplug my headset, I could do that.

My question is how. I was googling, and an answer was with the "Advanced Options" in Realtek HD Audio Manager. But my interface of this program seems different from those in the guide. I cannot find a space in this program to tick off enabling separate audio streams.

PS: In my sound devices, only Realtek is listed. I guess all sound devices are filtered there and it feeds directly to the system?

Any input heh would be appreciated : <3

:)

UnrealSteak2197, Sep 25, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Problems Using Both Headset and Speakers :p

cadaveca, Sep 25, 2020
  3. Cybie1111 Win User
    Need a New Headset and Speakers.

It seems that I would stay with logitech for headsets but I would like some suggestions for a 2.1 speaker setup.

Cybie1111, Sep 25, 2020
  4. Verikon Win User

Problems Using Both Headset and Speakers

Need a New Headset and Speakers.

I've always had good success with Logitech speakers aswell. The Logitech X-230 2.1 speakers can be found for around $50.

On another note, Namslas90 why do you suggest non USB? I'm not sure about Cybie1111's situation, but I like having a USB headset as I can set my teamspeak to work through the headset and have game sound through the speakers. Just would like your input if you know of issues caused by USB headsets.

Verikon, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

Problems Using Both Headset and Speakers

1. Problems Using Both Headset and Speakers - Similar Threads - Problems Using Both

2. Sound problem using realtek speakers and headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound problem using realtek speakers and headset: I got a laptop with Windows 11 and there's a problem while on calls on Messenger, Meet, and Discord. I like to play movies or listen to music while video calling my girlfriend or watching movies together. But the audio disappears or even just calls I can't hear the ring of...
  3. Sound problem using realtek speakers and headset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound problem using realtek speakers and headset: I got a laptop with Windows 11 and there's a problem while on calls on Messenger, Meet, and Discord. I like to play movies or listen to music while video calling my girlfriend or watching movies together. But the audio disappears or even just calls I can't hear the ring of...
  4. No earbud or headset will work as both speaker and microphone - used to, doesn't anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No earbud or headset will work as both speaker and microphone - used to, doesn't anymore: Hi,I have Jabra 65t bluetooth earbuds which I've used with Windows 10 and Windows 11. I could connect these and they would work seamlesslyas a speaker and use the microphone in the earbuds to record audio and to have Teams or Zoom calls.This stopped working a few months ago...
  5. No earbud or headset will work as both speaker and microphone - used to, doesn't anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No earbud or headset will work as both speaker and microphone - used to, doesn't anymore: Hi,I have Jabra 65t bluetooth earbuds which I've used with Windows 10 and Windows 11. I could connect these and they would work seamlesslyas a speaker and use the microphone in the earbuds to record audio and to have Teams or Zoom calls.This stopped working a few months ago...
  6. Audio popping/crackling on both Headset and desktop speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio popping/crackling on both Headset and desktop speakers: I have been having an issue with audio crackling/popping across two different devices and I can't figure out what is causing it. The weird thing is the problem is able to be replicated. For example certain songs will pop at the exact same spot every time. I know nothing about...
  7. Audio popping/crackling on both Headset and desktop speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio popping/crackling on both Headset and desktop speakers: I have been having an issue with audio crackling/popping across two different devices and I can't figure out what is causing it. The weird thing is the problem is able to be replicated. For example certain songs will pop at the exact same spot every time. I know nothing about...
  8. Both headset and speaker are detected as speaker in the system and I'm unable to switch...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Both headset and speaker are detected as speaker in the system and I'm unable to switch...: [ATTACH] I have a Logitech speaker plugged in into the 3.5mm jack on the back of motherboard (Biostar H410MH), and another headset (MH751) connected to the front 3.5mm jack. Prior to my motherboard upgrade, my pc will detect them as an individual speakers and headset when...
  9. Not recognizing both headset and speakers simultaneously

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not recognizing both headset and speakers simultaneously: I can't get Windows 10 to recognize both my headset and speakers as separate products, while utilizing both my front and rear audio jacks. I just purchased a replacement headset, and this uses audio jack connectors instead of how my old headset just utilized usb. I also have...
  10. Bluetooth Headset cannot be used as both headphones and speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Headset cannot be used as both headphones and speakers: I have a bluetooth headset that does not allow me to use it as both a microphone and a headset. I have determined that audio will play through the Bluetooth headset as long as the recording device is set to Conexant ISST Audio. If I set the recording device to BHS-530...