Windows 10: Problems using Realtek high def audio

Discus and support Problems using Realtek high def audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having some troubles using the Realtek audio driver. So, basically, when I'm watching a video on YouTube (happens most of the time on yt,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KyStolos, Mar 29, 2019.

1. KyStolos Win User

Problems using Realtek high def audio

Hello,

I'm having some troubles using the Realtek audio driver.

So, basically, when I'm watching a video on YouTube (happens most of the time on yt, but I think on other services too), my sound can crash in the middle of it: it can make YouTube print an error but most of the time it just freezes for a second and reloads the video.

I'm also having similar problems with Discord.

The problem is not new and I fixed it a while ago by using the other driver that was already installed on my computer, not the Realtek one.

That worked fine, but I bought a new headset with microphone recently, and windows doesn't recognize the mic with that driver, it considers it as if it was speakers (maybe there is a way to change that?), so I switched back to Realtek to have the popup when I plug my headset, and the problems came back...

I already tried to reinstall Realtek, using the correct driver for my motherboard, but nothing changed.

Also, I'm using Arium 10, maybe it comes from that. I'm on an Asus laptop.

Thanks in advance

:)

KyStolos, Mar 29, 2019

2. No audio on Asrock 990FX Extreme3 MB w/Realtek High Def "speakers"

This all started after i update the bios and drivers for my motherboard from the manufactures website, its also in conjuction with a windows update. In my sound control panel the speakers for my monitor were controlled by "Speakers Realtek High Def Audio"
    .. This was always my default device.

In the list I also have

Nvidia HDMI Output Ports 0-3 (ALL "NOT PLUGGED IN")

Realtek Digital Output

Speakers 2-Logitech G35 Headset

The only way I can hear any audio is to set my audio default device to the Logitech G35 Headset. All other configurations I have tried do not work. I have went to device manager and uninstalled Realtek's drivers, updated drivers, etc.. I have tried most
    of the fixes I have seen on these forums and nothing is working to restore sound to my two monitor speakers. I have always just had the HDMI cable coming from my Nvidia Graphics card and it plugs into the back of my HANS-G 28'' monitor. As long as "Speakers
    Realtek High Def Audio" was the default device I could hear sound. Now since the updates I have no sound and when I do these restarts after uninstalling audio drivers Windows will default sound back to the USB headset everytime. Im ready to call it quits as
    I just tinkered around for almost two weeks to find a workaround for my monitor not having the correct resolution detected. It still isnt detected and I had to find a loophole to get it to work. Does anyone out there know what the hell is going on???

NOTE: When i ran windows 7 my monitor was correctly displayed as a Hans-G monitor. It displayed in the correct resolution and I had sound. Not sure if this has anything to do with the problem but unfortunately the manufacturer of my monitor does not seem
    to be in buisness anymore and there are no drivers out there to download. I also have downloaded and ran latest Realtek Win10 drivers in compatibility mode and tried setting the driver to just a generic high def audio device.. No sound.. Please Help

MIKEKENNEDY51, Mar 29, 2019
  3. ysong0414 Win User
    Conflicting Audio Problems-Realtek vs High Def...

I have a Dell Inspiron 5577, bought only a few months ago and I've been trying to fix this since day 1. The laptop audio, whether through the built-in speakers, external monitors or headphones, keeps popping and crackling. So I followed other people's advice and switched to the High Definition Audio Device. The crackling and buffering stopped, and sounds decent through headphones, but the laptop's speaker audio sounds like absolute unadulterated garbage. It sounds thin and tinny, as if the driver completely lost hold of the internal subwoofer function that Realtek had.
    I'm also an absolute novice with computers so please have mercy.
    Thanks in advance.

TL;DR
    Realtek driver: popping, crackling, and buffering through any output (Headphones, speakers, internal speakers)

Native High Def driver
    : No popping, sounds great through headphones. Internal speakers sounds terrible. No body, too thin, perceived 1/3 of usual output on 100% volume.

ysong0414, Mar 29, 2019
  4. Problems using Realtek high def audio

driver update missing for IDT High Def Audio CODEC

How do I resolve this problem of a Missing IDT High Def Audio CODEC?

MichaelTroutman, Mar 29, 2019
Thema:

Problems using Realtek high def audio

1. Problems using Realtek high def audio - Similar Threads - Problems using Realtek

2. Realtek Won't Reinstall, Stuck with Speakers High Def Audio Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Won't Reinstall, Stuck with Speakers High Def Audio Device: Hi, so recently I was having issues with my pc forcing me to unplug and replug in my headphone and mic to get them to work every time my computer turns back on. The solution I found online was to uninstall and reinstall my Realtek Audio Drivers. So I did that...except it...
  3. Realtek Won't Reinstall, Stuck with Speakers High Def Audio Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek Won't Reinstall, Stuck with Speakers High Def Audio Device: Hi, so recently I was having issues with my pc forcing me to unplug and replug in my headphone and mic to get them to work every time my computer turns back on. The solution I found online was to uninstall and reinstall my Realtek Audio Drivers. So I did that...except it...
  4. Realtek Won't Reinstall, Stuck with Speakers High Def Audio Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Realtek Audio to Realtek High Definition Audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio to Realtek High Definition Audio: I've been trying to get a HD audio for sometime now, and all i can do is nothing cause it seems like my laptop doesn't want me to move on. I now have Realtek Audio, instead of a HD one. Been trying to get a HD even trying to install multiple drivers to see if it works even...
  6. Realtek Audio to Realtek High Definition Audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek Audio to Realtek High Definition Audio: I've been trying to get a HD audio for sometime now, and all i can do is nothing cause it seems like my laptop doesn't want me to move on. I now have Realtek Audio, instead of a HD one. Been trying to get a HD even trying to install multiple drivers to see if it works even...
  7. Realtek High Def Audio Not Working On Asus Rog

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek High Def Audio Not Working On Asus Rog: I’ve updated my computer and all the audio drivers to the most recent time and still have zero success. Has anyone else had this issue? submitted by /u/nezu2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lysa7k/realtek_high_def_audio_not_working_on_asus_rog/
  8. Audio Device on High Def Audio Bus

Audio Device on High Def Audio Bus: Hello, I have a HP Envy dv6 with beats audio. I did a Windows 10 upgrade and the AMD High Definition Audio Device, which im guessing it the beats audio and the only sounds were through the default speakers. The icon for the beats would show up in the tool bar but would say...
  9. Conflicting Audio Problems-Realtek vs High Def...

Conflicting Audio Problems-Realtek vs High Def...: I have a Dell Inspiron 5577, bought only a few months ago and I've been trying to fix this since day 1. The laptop audio, whether through the built-in speakers, external monitors or headphones, keeps popping and crackling. So I followed other people's advice and switched to...
  10. Why did Realtek High Def Audio go strange?

Why did Realtek High Def Audio go strange?: It used to have options for sound effects like bass, live music, rock etc and then area effects like city, mountains etc and each would give a different sound but ever since it updated to 2.79 with windows 10 all of that has gone, anyone know why? Thanks 16664