Windows 10: Problems viewing pdf docs in Win 10 mail app

Discus and support Problems viewing pdf docs in Win 10 mail app in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hallo. Sometimes when i get emails with pdf-document included then i cant wiev all of them direct in the mail app. When i see that the icon is... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mpersson, Apr 12, 2016.

1. mpersson Win User

Problems viewing pdf docs in Win 10 mail app

Hallo.

Sometimes when i get emails with pdf-document included then i cant wiev all of them direct in the mail app.
    When i see that the icon is correct for acrobat reader then it works, but sometimes thre isnt a acrobat reader icon and when i click it windows ask me where i want to save the file.

If i save the file it works fine.

But i want to wiev ALL pdf-docs in my mail app....

I have tried to reinstall acrobat reader but it didnt help *Sad

Do someone have a solution?

:)

mpersson, Apr 12, 2016
  2. svan---01 Win User

6700 Classic: view PDF, DOC files -- ANY CHANCE?

If you use gmail, get the gmail app...

There you view doc, pdf ect.

svan---01, Apr 12, 2016
  3. Graf77 Win User
    PDF attachment is not visible in the Mail app on Windows 10

I just installed a complete new Win 10 computer.

I'm having the same problem. Some PDF just wont show up in emails on Win 10 mail app.

Its 2016 now and MS still have not fixed this issue?

Graf77, Apr 12, 2016
  4. Problems viewing pdf docs in Win 10 mail app

Have you tried the Reader App

hTconeM9user, Apr 12, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    By default, Microsoft Edge is the program to open pdf files.

What happens if you just right click at a pdf file and click Open.
    Does it open in Edge ?

davidhk, Apr 13, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
  7. mpersson Win User
    I have identified the problem....
    And it is that windows says that some of the pdf files i recievs doesnt have a filetype.
    I send a testmail with 2 pdf files and then i could open 1 of them and the other i need to save at my computer to open.
    Later i send the same mail again and now i could open the other one but not that one i could open in the first mail...

If i save them they starts direct in Adobe Reader.

mpersson, Apr 13, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

................I send a testmail with 2 pdf files and then i could open 1 of them ........................

Please clarify.......................
    The one you were able to open. Was it opened in Edge or in Adobe Reader ?

Also, do you want all pdf files open in Edge or in Adobe Reader ?

davidhk, Apr 13, 2016
  9. mpersson Win User
    The files always opens in Adobe Reader.
    And thats what i want *Smile

The problems are the files that dosent want to open until i save them on my harddrive...

mpersson, Apr 18, 2016
  10. BunnyJ New Member
    Great.. glad to hear you got it sorted out.
    Jeff .. PS when you get time mark this as solved.. *Smile

BunnyJ, Apr 18, 2016
  11. mpersson Win User
    No, this problem isnt solved.

I opens my mail-app, opens an email with pdf included. Single-click on the pdf file and a get an preview with Adobe.
    But when i click on some pdf-files it just opens a "save as"-dialog and then i need to open them from my harddrive. I dosent get an direct preview... Thats my problem...

mpersson, Apr 18, 2016
  12. davidhk Win User
    Here are a few methods to set Adobe as the default program to open all pdf files.....................

1. The old fashioned way:
    Right click at Start > Control Panel > top right, click View by : > select either large or small > click Default programs > click Set your default programs > wait for loading > left side, scroll down to Adobe > click it > right side, click set this program as default > click OK when done.

2. Left click at Start > Settings > System > left side, Default apps > right side, scroll down near the bottom, click Choose default application by file type > left side, scroll down to pdf > right side, make sure it says Adobe Acrobat Reader > if it sayd Microsoft Edge, click it and select adobe.

3. Go to one of the pdf files saved in your computer > right click at it > click Open with > at the bottom, click Choose another app > locate Adobe and click it > check the box " Always use this app to open pdf files > click OK when done.
    If you don't have Open With on your right click context menu, use this tutorial to install :
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

davidhk, Apr 18, 2016
  13. mpersson Win User

I have alredy tested that.

The problem is just that sometimes it works like it should and sometimes not.

When it dosent works and i only get an save-as option it doesnt work.
    I want my pdf-files to open in Adobe Reader every time without saving them on my drive.

mpersson, Apr 18, 2016
  14. davidhk Win User
    Please, to make sure of clarity, click the Reply With Quote button at the person whom you want to reply to so that we know to whom you are addressing as well as which reply you are addressing to.

You said " I have alredy tested that".
    Are you replying to me and about my reply post #10 ?
    If yes, you have tried all 3 methods ?

davidhk, Apr 18, 2016
  15. mpersson Win User
    Yes, i have tried all 3 of your methods.

mpersson, Apr 18, 2016
Thema:

1. Problems viewing pdf docs in Win 10 mail app - Similar Threads - Problems viewing pdf

2. Win 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 Mail app: I have trouble viewing in Mail on my desktop images sent embedded in messages from a friend's Iphone. Quite often the images are so large that only a small portion greatly enlarged is visible. Often they are shown rotated 90 degrees as well. I don't get messages from other...
  3. Convert PDF to DOC

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Convert PDF to DOC: I would like to convert a PDF into DOC . I am running Office 2010. Can it be done? 175195
  4. Convert docs to pdf

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Convert docs to pdf: my computer has suddenly stopped being able to convert jpeg docs into pdf. It seems to go through the usual process before saying; 'sorry we couldn't find a programme etc. It's always done it before, any ideas why it's now stopped?...
  5. Win-10 Mail problems.

in Browsers and Email
    Win-10 Mail problems.: I think I need some GURU help with this one.... I'm trying to use the Mail app in Win-10, instead of an aftermarket program. I was finally able to create and send an email, but nowhere was I able to set the default Font, Size, color, etc. for the email program. I could set...
  6. Problem with Simple Task of Converting Word Docs to PDF Docs

Problem with Simple Task of Converting Word Docs to PDF Docs: It's something I do frequently. I save a word document as a PDF. For some reason, it is not working. See the image below. That's what I get when I try. How can I rectify the problem? Thanks...
  7. Doc back to pdf

in Windows 10 Customization
    Doc back to pdf: I didn't mean to switch to doc from pdf. How do I switch back to PDF https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/doc-back-to-pdf/7fa837bc-e302-4ab2-907d-2e2ccc6f184b
  8. Win 10 mail pdf attachment problems.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 mail pdf attachment problems.: There are few pdf attachments in one of my emails. They are visible on phone but not in the Mail for Windows 10. Looking on various forums this is not a new problem what is happening. I have tried some of the so called fixes suggested by your so called engineers but to no...
  9. App for mailing scanned docs

in Browsers and Email
    App for mailing scanned docs: I have a Cannon all in one printer but it will not let me email a document after scanning it. I can scan to file and then send as attch. Anyone know of a app that I could use for this. Thanks 79213
  10. In Win 10 why will Word not convert docs to PDF

In Win 10 why will Word not convert docs to PDF: Anyone else not able to convert Microsoft Word documents to PDFs? When I try to by doing Save As (with the Word document open) and then in the Save As Type drop down I select PDF then click Save, I instantly get a message saying Microsoft Word Has Stopped Working, trying to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 mail app viewing pdf