Windows 10: Problems waking from sleep state

Discus and support Problems waking from sleep state in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Fresh install of Windows 10 Pro x64 has an issue waking from sleep. Moving mouse/pressing keyboard wakes the computer, and once desktop displays, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by buckeyefox, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Problems waking from sleep state

Fresh install of Windows 10 Pro x64 has an issue waking from sleep. Moving mouse/pressing keyboard wakes the computer, and once desktop displays, the mouse and keyboard does not function and ethernet has red X. Mouse is wireless (USB transceiver) and switching USB ports will get the mouse and keyboard working again, but drives are missing. (I have 4 and 2 don't show in device manager) Rebooting fixes everything, but this issue only happens when waking from sleep. I have gone through device manager and selected not to allow devices to sleep in power management. Also in control panel I have disabled any power management option to put anything to sleep. Additionally, I have disabled any BIOS setting that would prevent devices from powering up, and fast boot is disabled. Mobo is Gigabyte z170x Gaming G1 with all the latest chipset drivers. I also ensured all hardware drivers are updated. I've tried different mice including wired USB with same result. waking from sleep will consistently disable mouse, keyboard and ethernet forcing me to reboot. Can anyone suggest a fix for this, or advise something I haven't tried? thanks for reading.

:)

buckeyefox, Jul 5, 2016
  2. nssjmc Win User

Windows 10 task scheduler doesn't wake the computer

This didn't help - all it did was to change the time the computer is on before it goes into a sleep state. The Task Scheduler still doesn't wake the computer from a sleep state.

nssjmc, Jul 5, 2016
  3. Lid Switch event in Windows 10

In windows 10,

If i closed LID switch system goes to SLEEP state.

In sleep state if i press an key in my keyboard system wakes from sleep state and then again it
    goes to Sleep.

My requirement is i want to work with external video(HDMI) even with LID is closed.

Please guide me to find out the problem or this is expected?

GowthamNagaraj, Jul 5, 2016
  4. x509 Win User

Problems waking from sleep state

I can't help here, since I sometimes have the same problem with a desktop and a laptop, both running (or did run) Windows 7. To me, it seemed that the systems would wake from a "short sleep" but not a "longer" sleep. this was not a frequent problem so I never dug into it.

x509, Jul 6, 2016
Thema:

Problems waking from sleep state

1. Problems waking from sleep state - Similar Threads - Problems waking sleep

2. Weird Issue After Waking PC From A Sleep State.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird Issue After Waking PC From A Sleep State.: Tried to wake my computer up from using sleep for the first time Windows 7 Professional SP1 X64. Pressed some keys on my USB keyboard and moved my mouse but it only woke up when I held the power button briefly. Not a problem in itself as I probably had the option to wake from...
  3. Weird Issue After Waking PC From A Sleep State.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Issue After Waking PC From A Sleep State.: Tried to wake my computer up from using sleep for the first time Windows 7 Professional SP1 X64. Pressed some keys on my USB keyboard and moved my mouse but it only woke up when I held the power button briefly. Not a problem in itself as I probably had the option to wake from...
  4. Wake up from Sleep state

in Windows 10 Support
    Wake up from Sleep state: I have a annoying issue: my PC (Win10 64 bit, version 1909, - desktop HP) [img] is wake up from Sleep mode randomly, without any apparent user intervention. Of course, I checked in my command line powercfg -devicequery wake_armed, and as response I got NONE. However, my...
  5. problem waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    problem waking from sleep: Hi Ive recently upgraded from win 10 ver1803 to version 1903 since then i am having issues with the computer not recovering from sleep mode. it tries to wake up, black screen, then it shuts down and restarts. I get event id 41 in event viewer[ATTACH]...
  6. Boot Problem and Wake from Sleep Problem

Boot Problem and Wake from Sleep Problem: Some, but not all, of the time when I boot the machine I get a message stating that overclocking failed. I have never tried to overclock the machine. The temporary fix appears to be to press F1 to configure, do nothing, press F10 to exit, get a message telling me I have...
  7. waking from sleep.

waking from sleep.: I have just changed from Win 10 home 32 bit to the 64 bit version. The crap I had with it starting up, shutting down the doing full cold boot after waking from sleep with a long time to come up still exists. I do not believe I am the only person in the world with this...
  8. Computer lost saved state upon waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer lost saved state upon waking from sleep: Rather occasionally, like around 4-5x a month, when I wake my laptop from sleep, no previously running applications will be running and the desktop is clean as if it was rebooted. There is no BSOD as well. Any ideas on how to narrow down the issue ? Cheers *Smile Edit:...
  9. Problem With Waking Up From Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem With Waking Up From Sleep Mode: Hello all. I have a Dell Inspiron 3650 which runs Windows 10. It was working perfectly fine for 1 year, but over the last few days, when I put it in sleep mode and press a key/move my mouse it won't wake up. Normally (back when it worked), when it was in sleep mode and I...
  10. will not wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    will not wake from sleep: I have a 4 yr old custom built desktop upgraded from Win 7 pro to Win 10 pro about 8 months ago. Up until two weeks ago the sleep/wake up has worked perfect. Now the unit will not wake from sleep. I have tried everything I have seen and nothing has worked. It has to be booted...