Windows 10: Problems waking the device from sleep...rather displaying sign-in screen, it restarts!

Discus and support Problems waking the device from sleep...rather displaying sign-in screen, it restarts! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Whenever i WAKE my laptop FROM SLEEP, the SCREEN GOES BLANK the hard drive does continue it's activity and capslock ,numlock lights on the keyboard do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tech&us, May 11, 2021.

1. tech&us Win User

Problems waking the device from sleep...rather displaying sign-in screen, it restarts!

Whenever i WAKE my laptop FROM SLEEP, the SCREEN GOES BLANK the hard drive does continue it's activity and capslock ,numlock lights on the keyboard do flash o pressing them and the laptop RESTARTS automatically after a few seconds, just like a normal restart and i loose my work. The restart takes a longer time, probably the laptop turns into some self repair...tried refreshing my laptop by keeping only personal files but didn't help. The Get Help assistant wasn't able to perceive the problem Please suggest...

:)

tech&us, May 11, 2021

2. white screen after sleep (windows 10)

Since updating Windows 10 to the 'Fall Creators Update' (1709), I have a problem when the PC wakes from sleep.

Waking from sleep, the display flashes "white screen blank screen."To solve the problem, I have to manually restart the PC.

The PC behaves perfectly provided that I do not allow it to go to sleep.

This problem did not exist before I updated Windows 10 to version 1709.

I did the following steps that was the answer to a similar question but the solutions did not work

Corrupted system files after the update are one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. Let's try performing the possible solutions to your concern. Follow the steps below:

Solution 1: Run Power troubleshooter

• Open Settings.
    • Click Update & security.
    • Click Troubleshoot in the left pane.
    • Locate Power, then click Run the troubleshooter.
    • Follow further instructions, and let the wizard scan your computer for potential issues
    Solution 2: Update Display adapter

• Open Device Manager.
    • Double-click Display adapters to expand.
    • Right-click the Display adapter, then click Properties.
    • Go to Driver tab.
    • Click Update driver.
    • Restart your computer
    • If the issue still persists, repeat steps 1-4.
    • Click Uninstall, then restart your computer.
    Solution 3: Change Sleep options for mouse and keyboard

• Open Device Manager.
    • Double-click Keyboards to expand.
    • Right-click the keyboard driver, then click Properties.
    • Go to Power Management tab.
    • Check Allow this device to wake the computer option.

adriansookchand, May 11, 2021
  3. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 11, 2021
  4. Problems waking the device from sleep...rather displaying sign-in screen, it restarts!

Audio device unrecognised after waking from sleep

From time to time I wake my laptop from sleep and find that the audio driver (Conexant Venice) is no longer loaded. The audio hardware is listed in the Device Manager as just "base system device" (or two base system devices, to be precise). Rebooting fixes the problem each time, but it takes a while. Is there a quicker way to make the audio work again than rebooting? I've tried obvious steps like running the troubleshooter and disabling and then re-enabling the devices.

ricecrispies, May 11, 2021
Thema:

Problems waking the device from sleep...rather displaying sign-in screen, it restarts!

1. Problems waking the device from sleep...rather displaying sign-in screen, it restarts! - Similar Threads - Problems waking device

2. PC Restarts Upon Waking From Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Restarts Upon Waking From Sleep: My computer restarts when I wake it from sleep. I am confident this is not a hardware issue as everything works as it should on Linux. I disabled restart when there is an error, and when I wake it, the peripherals do not light up, or appear to connect at all. I already tried...
  3. Black screen when waking from sleep, automatically restarts

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen when waking from sleep, automatically restarts: I sometimes get a black screen when waking my desktop PC from sleep, which then automatically restarts after 10-30 seconds. It will then perform normally like I just freshly booted up my PC. This is not consistent at all as sometimes I can go for a week or even a month with...
  4. Display changing color on wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Display changing color on wake from sleep: Hello all! I'm new to the forum and hope you gurus will be able to help me sort out what's going on with my laptop. Since the last update I've been having an odd issue upon wake from sleep. The screen is dimmed a bit and is a more muted yellowish hue. When I open...
  5. Sleep Wakes to Sign in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sleep Wakes to Sign in: My pc just started to wake up from sleep to the sign in screen, like when I change users. Have tried making several adjustments in power options but the sign in page still comes up, any help. 161942
  6. Sleep Wakes to Sign in

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep Wakes to Sign in: My pc just started to wake up from sleep to the sign in screen, like when I change users. Have tried making several adjustments in power options but the sign in page still comes up, any help. 161942
  7. problem waking from sleep

problem waking from sleep: Hi Ive recently upgraded from win 10 ver1803 to version 1903 since then i am having issues with the computer not recovering from sleep mode. it tries to wake up, black screen, then it shuts down and restarts. I get event id 41 in event viewer[ATTACH]...
  8. Problem when trying to wake from screen sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem when trying to wake from screen sleep: I recently updated to the latest version of Windows 10 so I could use the Xbox game pass for PC. Ever since then every time my computer goes into sleep mode I can’t wake it from sleep without having to restart. It’s just screen sleep, not full pc sleep (I don’t have an issue...
  9. Boot Problem and Wake from Sleep Problem

Boot Problem and Wake from Sleep Problem: Some, but not all, of the time when I boot the machine I get a message stating that overclocking failed. I have never tried to overclock the machine. The temporary fix appears to be to press F1 to configure, do nothing, press F10 to exit, get a message telling me I have...
  10. Problems waking from sleep state

Problems waking from sleep state: Fresh install of Windows 10 Pro x64 has an issue waking from sleep. Moving mouse/pressing keyboard wakes the computer, and once desktop displays, the mouse and keyboard does not function and ethernet has red X. Mouse is wireless (USB transceiver) and switching USB ports will...