Windows 10: Problems when downgrading to Windows 7

Discus and support Problems when downgrading to Windows 7 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everybody, Recently I attempted to use the Windows 10 feature of downgrading to and restoring Windows 7. However when in the process of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Win10throwaway, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Problems when downgrading to Windows 7

Hello everybody,

Recently I attempted to use the Windows 10 feature of downgrading to and restoring Windows 7. However when in the process of restoring Windows 7 my computer freezes. Any help to prevent this, or to stop the process entirely so that I could use an alternate method of downgrading to Windows 7 would be very appreciated. I have tried turning it off and back on again, and when in the restoration screen there are no options available. Also CTRL+ALT+DELETE has yielded no results.

Any help would be very appreciated, thanks!

:)

Win10throwaway, Jan 6, 2016

2. Downgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 7 Problems

Hi Gneigth.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We're sorry to hear the inconvenience you have experienced.

Suggest you to refer the below link on "How to skip windows 10 upgrade" and check if it helps in this scenario:

How to STOP the automatic update to Windows 10 ?

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jan 6, 2016
  3. Downgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 7 Problems

I opted in for the free Windows 10 upgrade. I decided to use it for a week, but for reasons I've already told Microsoft, I didn't like it as much as Windows 7. When I downgraded, things seemed fine until Windows Update popped up with this:

Problems when downgrading to Windows 7 [​IMG]

I don't want Windows 10. How do I keep this from happening?

UPDATE: Windows Update didn't actually upgrade me upon restarting my device. It'd be really nice if it didn't say things like this though... y'know?

UPDATE 2: Downgrading back to Windows 7 meant a bunch of Task Scheduler entries got corrupted. In order to fix this corruption, I had to run Windows Repair. I lost my installed programs (no big deal — I can reinstall those), but I was offered
    the opportunity during the repair to save all my documents, photos, music, et al; as long as a file was in the personal account folders that are a part of the Windows storage structure, it was preserved.

Now, the personal account folders are corrupted. In the Start Menu, all the default folder links for Documents, Music, and Pictures are functioning improperly. They only link to Public folders, and even then, they don't open the locations they should. This
    means having to right-click on each of them, selecting "Properties", and making sure all of the file locations are what they should be.

I'm beginning to wonder how much updating of this help request I'm going to do.

GneightBennett, Jan 6, 2016
Thema:

Problems when downgrading to Windows 7

1. Problems when downgrading to Windows 7 - Similar Threads - Problems downgrading

2. Problem with downgrading to Windows 10 from 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with downgrading to Windows 10 from 11: I have a dell vostro 7500. I upgraded to windows 11 yesterday. And i didnt like the way windows 11 runs on my laptop, so i wanted to downgrade. Iam within the 10 day period to downgrade, buy everytime i try to do so, instead of downgrading, it boots me into troubleshoot menu....
  3. Problem with downgrading to Windows 10 from 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with downgrading to Windows 10 from 11: I have a dell vostro 7500. I upgraded to windows 11 yesterday. And i didnt like the way windows 11 runs on my laptop, so i wanted to downgrade. Iam within the 10 day period to downgrade, buy everytime i try to do so, instead of downgrading, it boots me into troubleshoot menu....
  4. Problems with downgrading from Windows 11 down to Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with downgrading from Windows 11 down to Windows 10.: So, last night I've decided to upgrade my PC from windows 10 to windows 11, but some of the apps and my printer didn't work after the upgrade, so I downgraded it, and it kept "running into a problem" and restart and then keep downgrading until "ran into a problem again",...
  5. Problems with downgrading from Windows 11 down to Windows 10.

Problems with downgrading from Windows 11 down to Windows 10.: So, last night I've decided to upgrade my PC from windows 10 to windows 11, but some of the apps and my printer didn't work after the upgrade, so I downgraded it, and it kept "running into a problem" and restart and then keep downgrading until "ran into a problem again",...
  6. Tried everything to fix windows 11 internet problem. Should I downgrade to windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tried everything to fix windows 11 internet problem. Should I downgrade to windows 10?: I've been having internet failure alot it used to be just fine. And I've looked at forums and videos and tips settings reseting adapters updating drivers ect. But not seems to ever fix this. I get 10 minutes of internet fine then it just boggs down and stays down until I...
  7. Tried everything to fix windows 11 internet problem. Should I downgrade to windows 10?

Tried everything to fix windows 11 internet problem. Should I downgrade to windows 10?: I've been having internet failure alot it used to be just fine. And I've looked at forums and videos and tips settings reseting adapters updating drivers ect. But not seems to ever fix this. I get 10 minutes of internet fine then it just boggs down and stays down until I...
  8. Problem with downgrading from windows 11 to windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with downgrading from windows 11 to windows 10: After the installation for windows 10 finished, my computer doesn’t display anything on screen. It’s completely black and i’m not sure if the process isn’t actually finished and it’s just going through the motions, or if i’ve done something wrong. I’ve checked anything i can...
  9. Problem with downgrading from windows 11 to windows 10

Problem with downgrading from windows 11 to windows 10: After the installation for windows 10 finished, my computer doesn’t display anything on screen. It’s completely black and i’m not sure if the process isn’t actually finished and it’s just going through the motions, or if i’ve done something wrong. I’ve checked anything i can...
  10. Problem with downgrading from windows 11 to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade