Windows 10: Problems when logging in to Surface with Windows Hello?

Discus and support Problems when logging in to Surface with Windows Hello? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; The fingerprint reader on Microsoft's modern keyboard with fingerprint identifier does not work properly; apparently, it does not recognize my... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Samuel A.Christian, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Problems when logging in to Surface with Windows Hello?

The fingerprint reader on Microsoft's modern keyboard with fingerprint identifier does not work properly; apparently, it does not recognize my fingerprints.

Thanks in advance for the help.

:)

Samuel A.Christian, Feb 5, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Surface Pro 4 Log in issues

Hello Bex,

For us to help you suggest steps to resolve the issue, we would like to know some information:

• Did you get any error messages when signing in to your account?
    • Have you made any significant changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried to login using a different Microsoft account or local account on the computer?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by Ashish Sondhi on this

link

Post us back with the result.

Remon Ont, Feb 5, 2019
  3. Windows Hello sign error: Couldn't Turn on the Camera. Please sign-inwith you PIN, Surface Pro

Hi Ameera,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how difficult it could be when feature do not work the way they supposed to and we truly appreciate the time and effort that you have taken to work on this issue. This issue can occur if the camera driver is not updated or due to some hardware
    issues related to the camera. In order to isolate the cause of this error, please follow the methods mentioned below.

Method 1: Check if the camera is working.

1. Log in to the system.
    2. Go to Start menu and select Camera app.
    3. Check if the camera is working fine.
    4. If not, please update camera driver (you can refer
      Update drivers in Windows 10
      for the steps).

Method 2: Troubleshoot problems with Windows hello.

Since you are getting the error "Couldn't start camera. Please sign in with PIN", we would suggest you to refer

Troubleshoot problems with Windows hello Surface
    under the section Windows Hello doesn't recognize my face or fingerprint or there is an error message and try performing the troubleshooting steps and check if it resolves the issue.

Regards.

Manjunath_H, Feb 5, 2019
  4. Problems when logging in to Surface with Windows Hello?

Windows Hello on Surface Pro 4

Hi,

It really is surprising that you're getting this kind of error message.

Having said that, please provide the answers to the following for us to be able to learn more about your concern:

• Is your Windows 10 updated?
    • Are your drivers up-to-date? If not, you can follow the steps found on this
      link
      on how to update your drivers in Windows 10.
    • What were the changes made before the issue started?

In the meantime, you can check this link
    for steps in troubleshooting issues with Windows Hello on Surface.

Let us know what happens after following the steps from the link.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

Problems when logging in to Surface with Windows Hello?

1. Problems when logging in to Surface with Windows Hello? - Similar Threads - Problems logging Surface

2. Surface logging in help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface logging in help: I’m trying to login to my surface with my pin but the screen keeps blacking out when I put the pin in. I’ve tried forgot my pin but nothing happens even tho I haven’t forgotten my pin.I’ve also tried restarting my computer but nothing happens, and I’ve tried turning it on and...
  3. Surface logging in help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface logging in help: I’m trying to login to my surface with my pin but the screen keeps blacking out when I put the pin in. I’ve tried forgot my pin but nothing happens even tho I haven’t forgotten my pin.I’ve also tried restarting my computer but nothing happens, and I’ve tried turning it on and...
  4. Windows Hello on Surface Book Not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello on Surface Book Not working: Hello all I have a surface book 2 and all of a sudden the windows Hello camera has stopped logging me on. The acutal camera is working but Hello is not. I have tried to remove fascial data but when I try to set it back up, camera and my face comes on the screen but all...
  5. Windows Hello when logging into domain account

Windows Hello when logging into domain account: I have the option to use Windows Hello for facial rec or fingerprint on a local pc account but I don't have the option to use it on a domain account. I get the message that the option is unavailable. I have already run the gpedit settings and regedit to enable...
  6. Can't log into Windows hello

Can't log into Windows hello: My Windows 10 hello screen does not recognize my password or pin. I have tried safe mode I have tried safe mode with networking I have tried the on screen keyboard in safe mode with networking. Nothing has gotten me past the login screen. I reset my password with Microsoft...
  7. Surface windows hello face and brightness problem

Surface windows hello face and brightness problem: Hi! I've been using my Surface pro 6 with windows home for about 3 months and didn't have any problem until two weeks ago. My windows hello face stopped working. In settings it says that windows hello face is currently unavailable and that something went wrong and I should...
  8. windows hello face log in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows hello face log in: Is windows hello face log in work's on Asus ux430ua? My device is not supporting windows hello face log in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-face-log-in/f0e1bb1b-7c09-4933-a052-fe10984a82d8"
  9. Windows Hello on Surface Hub 2S

Windows Hello on Surface Hub 2S: Hey, is it possible to set up Windows Hello on Surface Hub 2S? Best regards. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-on-surface-hub-2s/4c1bb586-3d74-456a-9ed4-f671972be964
  10. Windows hello logged in when I was not in view of the camera.

Windows hello logged in when I was not in view of the camera.: This is a seemingly small error but I believe it could be used as a way to login to someone's device. Before, I was in camera view and I was about 2 feet away, so it didn't log is, as I was too far. I moved to go get something, moving myself 100% out of the camera's view,...