Windows 10: Problems - Windows 10 Sept 2018 Update

Discus and support Problems - Windows 10 Sept 2018 Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Prior to the September 2018 Windows 10 updates I never had a single problem with my desktop PC, which is running Windows 10 Home. Since the auto... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TiredOfWin10, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Problems - Windows 10 Sept 2018 Update

Prior to the September 2018 Windows 10 updates I never had a single problem with my desktop PC, which is running Windows 10 Home. Since the auto download and installation of the Windows 10 September updates I have had the following problems:

~ On Sept 12 I woke up to a BSOD. After attempting a hard boot Windows informed me that the PC could not repair itself. When I tried to do a system recovery I discovered that the Windows update had turned off system recovery and deleted all of my previously saved restore points.......REALLY??? I Googled the issue and discovered that this is now a common practice with certain updates. Microsoft......What the heck??? Why would you install a major update and delete the restore points. If anything goes wrong.......and something always goes wrong......we no longer have the ability to do a restore. This makes ZERO sense.

~ Fortunately I run a boot drive on an SSD and I regularly backup my data drive. So although I was extremely annoyed, I just reinstalled Windows and assumed all would be well again..........What a naive assumption.

~ After reinstalling Windows, I foolishly just let Windows run back through the update process again.........This time no BSOD. But this time, I could not get any browser to work properly other than.......(guess which one).......Edge. Sorry Microsoft but you guys know that Edge finishes DEAD LAST in every browser review. It is an AWFUL browser........Anyway, I tried EVERYTHING to fix this problem, including running scans, reinstalling the latest network driver, etc. etc. etc.......ad nauseum. Nothing worked. I also Googled this one and discovered with the April 2018 update there were similar reports and I could not find a single solution reported.

~ So, once again, I reinstalled Windows 10, reinstalled all of my programs, etc. etc. etc........There goes a few more hours of my life I'll never get back. But this time, I upgraded to Windows Pro and immediately went into MMC and shut down Windows Update. I will leave it shut off until after the October update to version 1809........I hope (and pray) that the geeks are paying attention and find a way to correct these problems.

Summary......I don't really need any help of advice now. I am not about to screw with another Windows Update for a while. However, I would appreciate hearing if others are having these same issues, and if someone has another idea on how they might be corrected. I am at the point now where my cynicism is running so high that I doubt I will heed the advice and attempt another update. But again, if others are still having similar issues, either from a previous update, or the recent September update, please chime in.

Thanks

:)

TiredOfWin10, Sep 24, 2018
  2. jsfitz54 Win User

Download Windows 10 TH/RS

@Drone : No link for 17134.5?

The April 2018 Update will be available as a free download beginning Monday, April 30.
    https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...-of-your-time-with-the-new-windows-10-update/

According to this link and whether or not these have been Insider Preview Builds as @FordGT90Concept contends, I found this link: https://www.askvg.com/windows-10-redstone4-rs4-changelog/

Windows 10 Build 10.0.17134 Changelog:​Build 17134 was the 23rd Insider Preview build of Windows 10 released after Fall Creators Update. It was released on April 16, 2018. This new build arrived via new "RS4" (RedStone4) development branch.
    • Bug fixes and general improvements

jsfitz54, Sep 24, 2018
  3. Drone Win User
  4. Problems - Windows 10 Sept 2018 Update

Jigsaw jam for Sept 7, 2018

On Sept 7, 2018, the daily game for jigsaw jam is not working correctly. When are you fixes this?????

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Ease of access

BrendaLogan, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

Problems - Windows 10 Sept 2018 Update

1. Problems - Windows 10 Sept 2018 Update - Similar Threads - Problems Sept 2018

2. Windows 10 Update Printing Problem Sept 2020

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Update Printing Problem Sept 2020: Following a recent update the sreen would intermittently flash and would eventually turn completely white. In this state it was apparently unresponsive to keyboard and mouse. If the computer went to sleep it invariably awoke in the same white screen state. I have had this...
  3. Windows October 2018 update problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows October 2018 update problems: I installed the above update and immediately experienced problems with processor at 100% most of the time. I uninstalled the feature update and in the process lost my settings and any specific windows apps. How do I fix???...
  4. Windows 10 october 2018 update ethernet problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 october 2018 update ethernet problem: Ethernet problem after i update Windows 10 october 2018 and also internet slows down to 200kbps plz fix it.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-october-2018-update-ethernet-problem/77d7a2df-9900-441d-a8ca-40d06ff32e0a
  5. Windows 10 october 2018 update ethernet problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 october 2018 update ethernet problem: Ethernet problem after i update Windows 10 october 2018 and also internet slows down to 200kbps plz fix it.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/windows-10-october-2018-update-ethernet-problem/77d7a2df-9900-441d-a8ca-40d06ff32e0a
  6. win 10 sept 2018 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    win 10 sept 2018 update: win 10 sept 2018 update AGAIN 3 TIMES YOU DO UPDATE AND SCREW UP SOUND DRIVERS, THIS TIME YOU REMOVED THEM IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO DO A PROPER UPDATE THEN LEAVE ALONE AS MY LAPTOP NOW WITH YOUR POXY WIN10 NOT FIT FOR PORPOSE SHOULD GIVE REFUND TO ALL...
  7. Audio issue after update on 12 Sept 2018

Audio issue after update on 12 Sept 2018: So after the 'critical update' was installed on 12 Sept, I lost audio. I thought that perhaps it may be my speakers, but I changed from the rear audio port to the headphones jack and it worked for a short while before stopping completely. I uninstalled the driver and rebooted...
  8. Jigsaw jam for Sept 7, 2018

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jigsaw jam for Sept 7, 2018: On Sept 7, 2018, the daily game for jigsaw jam is not working correctly. When are you fixes this????? Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Ease of access...
  9. Windows 10 Update (3 Sept. 2018) killed my laptop.

Windows 10 Update (3 Sept. 2018) killed my laptop.: Prior to 3 September 2018 my laptop computer (Panasonic CF-30K) was running Windows 10 just fine. Then Windows updated automatically and a message on the screen said something like "Schedule Restart or Restart now" so I selected the "Restart Now" option and my computer began...
  10. MINECON Earth is Coming on Sept. 29, 2018

in Windows 10 News
    MINECON Earth is Coming on Sept. 29, 2018: MINECON Earth is back! Bigger, better and more craftier! Save the date: September 29th, 2018 SBhSYzretqY Read more: MINECON 2018 | Minecraft 107769